Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's your team's darkhorse player?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
    Offense: Brad Butler/Fred Jackson
    Defense: John McCargo
    What about Poz?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I have a feeling the Eagles make the playoffs this year. Theyll be back. That defense underachieved big time. I thought theyd play a lot better than they did.

      And if Stallworth comes back, theyll be dangerous on offense.
      The defense wasn't the problem last year imo. I thought that was one of Jim Johnson's best coaching jobs, maybe the best. Despite the key injuries, he and the defense put the team in positon to almost win every game, except for the Pats game.

      The problem was the offense was disappointing, especially with McNabb behind center.
      Last edited by Geo; 02-21-2008, 12:22 PM.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        What about Poz?
        I think Jabari Greer actually is our darkhorse. Fred Jackson got pretty good pub for his mini-breakout at the end of the season and Poz was getting pub before his injury. Brad Butler is a nice choice on offense but I'd go with Langston Walker.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Geo View Post
          The defense wasn't the problem last year imo. I thought that was one of Jim Johnson's best coaching jobs, maybe the best. Despite the key injuries, he and the defense put the team in positon to almost win every game, except for the Pats game.

          The problem was the offense was disappointing, especially with McNabb behind center.
          He got up to speed at the end of the year though. I think the oline had a dip in production as well which hurt that offense. I expected the offense to do poorly though, and I expected the defense to take it to the next level this year. But I think injuries, and the front 4 not living up to my expectations resulted in them not doing as well as I anticipated.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            I have a feeling the Eagles make the playoffs this year. Theyll be back. That defense underachieved big time. I thought theyd play a lot better than they did.

            And if Stallworth comes back, theyll be dangerous on offense.
            If the defense was able to get more pass rush pressure, it would have improved the pass D significantly. Expect the team to invest heavily in DE. I think it will be addition by subtraction with Kearse and Howard cut. Abriamiri will be a huge key.

            I have a lot of hope for the Eagles. With a truly healthy McNabb, consistency on the OLine, and maybe a tweak with the WR's, I see them making a run. At the same time, I am dreading the collapse or the injuries.



            I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

            Comment


            • #21
              Offense: maybe Gary Russell, but i'm also still waiting for Nate Washington to use his athletic ability to his advantage.

              Defense:not sure, everyone on our defense is pretty known, and established....maybe McFadden will finally beat out Townsend or maybe Anthony Smith will raise some eyebrows even though he already did with the "guarantee".

              i forgot about Lamar Woodley on defense, he will start because Haggans is leaving, and i expect atleast 8 sacks from him if not more.
              Last edited by terribletowel39; 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM.


              Silverback....still the best.

              +rep to Jakey for the sig

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                He got up to speed at the end of the year though. I think the oline had a dip in production as well which hurt that offense. I expected the offense to do poorly though, and I expected the defense to take it to the next level this year. But I think injuries, and the front 4 not living up to my expectations resulted in them not doing as well as I anticipated.
                The OLine was worse, especially right up the middle. McNabb didn't help himself by holding the ball too long. In reality, he probably should have sat out 4-5 games to get more healthy, but I respect him playing himself back into shape.



                I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                Comment


                • #23
                  Off: IDK our players are either known/established or bad, and more often the latter. Best guess would prolly be Mark Bradley. He's gonna be more inclined to start if Berrian leaves and if he stays he'll prolly still be top 3 depending on FA/the development of Hester. Potential to be a good #2.

                  Def: Jamar Williams! This is the reason most Bear fans hate seeing LB in the 1st 3 rounds. At this point LB should not be pick "b/c Briggs is gone and they'll need help outside." sure depth is nice, esp behind 54 but Jamar is ready to step in and be a NFL LB.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Offence- Peire Thomas
                    D- Usama Young

                    Sick sig by Jackalope

                    LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                      The OLine was worse, especially right up the middle. McNabb didn't help himself by holding the ball too long. In reality, he probably should have sat out 4-5 games to get more healthy, but I respect him playing himself back into shape.
                      i never payed attention to this, but do you guys do a lot of stunting along the dline? Spags does a ton of it with us, I was curious if he brought that over from Philly.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        falcons:
                        OFF - jerious norwood
                        DEF - trey lewis

                        we have a lot of potential on defense with many youngsters waiting on the wings for a chance to play including daren stone, jimmy williams, and jordan babineaux.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'm going to go with a guy I don't think anyone really talks about on defense because he was inactive for most of the season....

                          Defense- Anthony Waters, LB. He was a potential pick when we drafted him last year and his injury kept him out all year. I do know that a lot of Chargers fans are big on him though and he looked really good last preseason (for what its worth)...maybe not a dominant player but I think he can do a bunch of big things for us next year. They're also talking about experimenting with Paul Oliver at Safety which could turn out to be interesting...

                          Offense-Legedu Naanee, Util. Naanee is kind of a utility player...techinically he's a WR, but he also gets run out of TE position, and FB. I think he can do a lot for us in an H-Back type role, and really make some key contributions for us next year. Another guy I wouldn't be surprised to see breakout on offense is WR Craig Davis...as the offense becomes transitioned with LT getting older to a bigger passing game, he could have a much bigger role in the slot.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            About the Eagles, Gaither seems to be pretty well-respected around the league by fans who actually follow the game. I see a lot of fans of other teams praise his talent and potential, so that's why I didn't name him. I think he's already becoming a pretty well-known, and I'm trying to get everyone to dig as deep as possible here. Stewart Bradley was someone I was gonna say, but he's more than likely to be the primary backup at each linebacker spot again and therefore probably won't make a difference, unless he gets enough snaps.

                            Just because Quentin Mikell started half the year doesn't mean he can't be a darkhorse to be a solid player next year. Not a lot of people know about him, and if they do, they don't know how solid he can be.
                            Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                              I'm going to go with a guy I don't think anyone really talks about on defense because he was inactive for most of the season....

                              Defense- Anthony Waters, LB. He was a potential pick when we drafted him last year and his injury kept him out all year. I do know that a lot of Chargers fans are big on him though and he looked really good last preseason (for what its worth)...maybe not a dominant player but I think he can do a bunch of big things for us next year. They're also talking about experimenting with Paul Oliver at Safety which could turn out to be interesting...

                              Offense-Legedu Naanee, Util. Naanee is kind of a utility player...techinically he's a WR, but he also gets run out of TE position, and FB. I think he can do a lot for us in an H-Back type role, and really make some key contributions for us next year. Another guy I wouldn't be surprised to see breakout on offense is WR Craig Davis...as the offense becomes transitioned with LT getting older to a bigger passing game, he could have a much bigger role in the slot.


                              Couldn't agree more about Legedu. Everything about this guy screams freak, he's big, quick, and speedy with soft hands. Naanee and Parker working the underneath routes with Chambers, Gates and Jackson running downfield, not to mention a certain player whose name rhymes with Laschmainian...

                              I like Buster Davis, but it's seriously starting to look like we could have used the pick elsewhere. I don't know how many looks he'll get in 2008.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                O = Jeff Webb (I see bigger things next year for him)
                                D = Jimmy Wilkerson (can play either DT or DE and is productive when he plays)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information