No announcement yet.

Who's your team's darkhorse player?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess my guess of Justin Tuck before the season can't be used for this upcoming one... Hmm. I guess I would say Kiwi.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      I think Jabari Greer actually is our darkhorse. Fred Jackson got pretty good pub for his mini-breakout at the end of the season and Poz was getting pub before his injury. Brad Butler is a nice choice on offense but I'd go with Langston Walker.
      I question just how much Jabari can actually improve. I like him, but I don't see him getting much better and where he's at right now is nothing special.
      Walker already had a good year for us, but you could still be right since I doubt many people even knew that.
      I like the Butler choice.
      Ko Simpson is a guy that has the ability that I'm hoping to see break out.
      Poz is hardly a darkhorse, a lot of people expect things from him next year

Comment

o-kenny watson
        d-nndukwe or however u spell it

Originally posted by mythbusta
        i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
        who dey?

Comment

Bengals
          Offense- this one is kinda hard but the only one i can think of is Chris Henry. Ya everyone knows him for his off the field problems and that he has great tools but i could see him finally living up to his full potential this year. He is without a doubt the best WR on our team from a physical standpoint. If he keeps his head on straight he could be a very good WR for us and he could maybe even make CJ expendable down the road.

Defense- Odell Thurman. Again, has had off the field troubles and was awesome his rookie year but this year could be huge for him. Word is he is working his butt off now and is in great shape. Jeff Fitzgerald will get the best out of him and i expect him to be pretty strong this year. A few others could be David Pollack(very longshot), and Ahmad Brooks. Ahmad should have no problem (aside from injury) becoming a household name this season.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Titans

Offense: Justin Gage
            Defense: Michael Griffin

Comment

For Atlanta:

Offense

Quinn Ojinnaka

Defense

Daren Stone

Comment

Browns

Offense: Lawrence Vickers - Since taking over the FB duties from Terrelle Smith, he has been a constant driving force to make way for Lewis. Really is an excellent blocker will only continue to plow the way for our RBs.

Defense: Sean Jones - This guy has been our starting SS for the past two years and has put up respectable numbers (211 tackles, 10 int). He is also apart of one of the up and coming safeties duos with Brodney Pool.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  O = Jeff Webb (I see bigger things next year for him)
                  D = Jimmy Wilkerson (can play either DT or DE and is productive when he plays)

Good call with both. i think Derrick Johnson has an All Pro year this year.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Cowboys

Offense: Who ever replaces Flozell Adams at LT if he does not take a pay cut to return to Dallas. Either Doug Free or Pat McQuistan.

Defense: Kevin Burnett. Best cover linebacker on the team. Good in run support and Good Blitzer. 2nd Round pick out of Tennessee in the same Parcells' draft that we got DeMarcus Ware. Injuries limited him in his first 2 years. Came on strong last year and was the only LB on the field in the nickel. Could possibly unseat Akin Ayodele for a starting spot this year. He would be Wade Phillips "Donnie Edwards" on our team.

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                      Cowboys

Offense: Who ever replaces Flozell Adams at LT if he does not take a pay cut to return to Dallas. Either Doug Free or Pat McQuistan.

Defense: Kevin Burnett. Best cover linebacker on the team. Good in run support and Good Blitzer. 2nd Round pick out of Tennessee in the same Parcells' draft that we got DeMarcus Ware. Injuries limited him in his first 2 years. Came on strong last year and was the only LB on the field in the nickel. Could possibly unseat Akin Ayodele for a starting spot this year. He would be Wade Phillips "Donnie Edwards" on our team.
                      Whats the deal with Bobby Carpenter anyway? Is he even in the rotation?

Comment

Offense: umm, I guess Koren Robinson, only played have the season, and looked good, but has to beat out alot of good WR's on our team to be more than just the 5th or 4th WR.

Defense: Aaron Rouse, this upcoming TC is gonna be a big position battle between Atari, Nick, and Aaron. Im rooting for all 3, but Rouse has the best physical tools and looked good in the time he played.

Special Teams: Will Blackmon, if he can stay healthy he will be great

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Offense: WR Mike Walker - Walker was a third round draft pick for the Jaguars. He had amazing production at UCF, and was originally considered a better prospect than teammate Brandon Marshall. However, he tore his ACL at the end of his junior campaign. Despite the injury, he still played his entire senior season basically on one good knee, and still ran a blazing 4.35 forty before the draft. He was doing very well in training camp, but the Jags decided to put him on the IR, as his knee began swelling in training camp and he was losing some explosiveness. He finally got an entire year to rehab his knee, and will come back and become the Jaguars #1 receiver next year. Trust me. He is Jimmy Smith reincarnated.

Defense: DT Tony McDaniel McDaniel is another young guy who was showing a lot of flashes before his season ended due to injury. I have a feeling that Marcus Stroud's tenure in Jacksonville might be over soon. He's still a very talented player, but injuries have really hampered his ability to stay on the field. Expect the huge McDaniel to get plenty of PT next year, as Del Rio likes to rotate his tackles to keep them fresh anyways.

Also keep an eye on LB Justin Durant. Kid is a beast.

Comment

Giants- Defense- Wilkinson/Michael Johnson- Both played sparingly, but when they needed to they made big impacts which resulted in either winning a game or keeping it close

(michael Johnson barely caught Adrian Peterson CHI by the leg on a screen pass)
                            (Wilkinson's coverage against pats in preseason)

Offense- Steve Smith; Kindof taking Amani's old role as the go to guy. Bradshaw used to be the darkhorse going into the season, but now teams know who he is.
                            Last edited by BaLLiN; 02-21-2008, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Offense: WR Mike Walker - Walker was a third round draft pick for the Jaguars. He had amazing production at UCF, and was originally considered a better prospect than teammate Brandon Marshall. However, he tore his ACL at the end of his junior campaign. Despite the injury, he still played his entire senior season basically on one good knee, and still ran a blazing 4.35 forty before the draft. He was doing very well in training camp, but the Jags decided to put him on the IR, as his knee began swelling in training camp and he was losing some explosiveness. He finally got an entire year to rehab his knee, and will come back and become the Jaguars #1 receiver next year. Trust me. He is Jimmy Smith reincarnated.

Defense: DT Tony McDaniel McDaniel is another young guy who was showing a lot of flashes before his season ended due to injury. I have a feeling that Marcus Stroud's tenure in Jacksonville might be over soon. He's still a very talented player, but injuries have really hampered his ability to stay on the field. Expect the huge McDaniel to get plenty of PT next year, as Del Rio likes to rotate his tackles to keep them fresh anyways.

Also keep an eye on LB Justin Durant. Kid is a beast.
                              I wanted the Giants to draft Mike Walker so bad. I think he's going to be great.

Don't forget Derek Landri. He'll be a great situational pass rusher on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                I wanted the Giants to draft Mike Walker so bad. I think he's going to be great.

Don't forget Derek Landri. He'll be a great situational pass rusher on the inside.
                                Yup. If Stroud comes back, our DT depth will have gone from terrible last season to great this season. Henderson, Stroud, Rob Meier (probably the best backup DT in the league), 6'7 300 lb Tony McDaniel, and Derek Landri sets up a very formidable rotation. Add in a couple of new faces at DE, and the defensive line and pass rush suddenly becomes a strength again.

Now, if you guys could just let Gibril Wilson test the FA market so we can sign him to team up with Reggie Nelson and that'd be great ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information