Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary cap update

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true
    Just found this right now....top 10 teams in salary cap and bottom 10.

From this chart, the Cardinals look to be in the worst cap shape. $2.1 million over.

This is awesome!!
    this is the year!

Comment

A post from another member at the main 49ers forum:

Okay, again, a big problem when it comes to literal translation and reality.

Common Media Practice: Use exact numbers and only take the literal, at the moment numbers.

Common Team Practice: Account for all expenses to a certain date. You may have 10M in space now, but if in the week before FA you know 5M will go to bonuses on day 1, you say you've got 5M.

Here is the problem. There are 2008 bonuses that are not factored in. Why? Because we have not paid them yet. So the big bonus to Clements, the bonus for M.Lewis, option bonus for Smith, bonuses due to Davis and Willis and Staley in year 2, none of them are included in that number. Much like last year, we 'had' something like 38M-39M but the team had deals on the table for FB Norris, S Roman as well as a couple bonuses for our 2006 rookies that was going to take us down a couple of million and closer to 32M-33M.

One can dig into the mountain of evidence. The team officials have us expecting 20M in space entering free agency. This has been reported multiple times. One can even dig into ninercaphell whose nflpa and usatoday numbers at the very least add up to a lot less than 37M in space.

Shefter is using current 2008 numbers. Those numbers will change drastically when workout bonuses, roster bonuses, CAMs, incentive spillover, adjustments, and cap hits from voided contracts all factor in.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
        http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true
        Just found this right now....top 10 teams in salary cap and bottom 10.

From this chart, the Cardinals look to be in the worst cap shape. $2.1 million over.

Worse than Washington!!! :O :O :O

j/k skins fans

Comment

If there Bears have $30 million why don't they keep Briggs or Berrian or both?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            If there Bears have $30 million why don't they keep Briggs or Berrian or both?
            hopefully the browns can sign a legit starter this off-season. that would make me happy
            Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 02-22-2008, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Wow, I was just saying how it would be nice to see some official figures on NFL.com as they haven't done that from what I could see the past few offseasons. Nice find.

Comment

how do the Cardinals go from 30 under to 2 mil over without signing anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  how do the Cardinals go from 30 under to 2 mil over without signing anyone?
                  i bet this guy doesnt help

Comment

Edge is making 5 mil in 08 + a 7 mil signing bonus spread over 4 years so $6.75 mil is what his cap number is if I'm doing that right

and that is a down from 7.25 mil last year

Comment

How about Fitzgerald's contract or franchising Dansby?

The Cards have already paid the majority of Edge's money, I believe.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

oh i thought he was still due for a hefty pay check. guess not

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          How about Fitzgerald's contract or franchising Dansby?

The Cards have already paid the majority of Edge's money, I believe.
                          I think you hit the nail right on the head. With $15 million on Fitz' base salary as well as somewhere between $6-8 million base going to Dansby (I haven't looked at the franchise numbers for LBs), you're looking at $21-23 million in just 2 guys. Also, how about Matt Leinart and Kurt Warner? Are either of them due for any raises in base salary?

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

A good bit of the money that the Saints have will probably go towards locking up Colston, Evans or both long-term.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

The Saints are $39.2 million under. Hopefully we start spending some of that :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information