No announcement yet.

Hall to the Gmen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just curious, but why is Hall a "head-case"? You hear this a lot and I've never quite understood why. Petrino seemed like a complete asshole, and the Falcons organization itself seems to be run by people that have no idea what they are doing, so I don't have a problem with him questioning either, and probably wouldn't if I was a Falcons fan. Is he really that out of line for questioning how things are being done? Maybe I've missed a few things, but I don't think that what he has done is anything wore than, say, Deion Sanders did in the past.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

He would look good in a Saints uni, but seeing him leave the division ain't bad either.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Want examples:

The incident against the Panthers is example no. 1 because not only did he lose his cool, rack up petty personal fouls, and go on a tirade on the sideline, he lost the game for the Falcons. He got "offended" when he was fined and partially suspended for it. That wasn't the only situation where he has lost his cool in game and has played dirty, a play against Detroit back in '05 comes to mind as well. He even got into fistfights with his own teammates at training camp. Evidently he was beaten up after the Carolina meltdown. Most of the time I would dismiss talk, but when there is constantly smoke then I would bet there is fire.

He is concerned with himself, his contract, and his own edification. If things go bad he will start the blame game. Sure a lot of people disliked Petrino, but did anyone here classy players like Lawyer Milloy, Warrick Dunn, Keith Brooking moan about it during the season? No, you didn't. The only players who voiced their complaints happen to be the two veterans that are on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Want examples:

The incident against the Panthers is example no. 1 because not only did he lose his cool, rack up petty personal fouls, and go on a tirade on the sideline, he lost the game for the Falcons. He got "offended" when he was fined and partially suspended for it. That wasn't the only situation where he has lost his cool in game and has played dirty, a play against Detroit back in '05 comes to mind as well. He even got into fistfights with his own teammates at training camp. Evidently he was beaten up after the Carolina meltdown. Most of the time I would dismiss talk, but when there is constantly smoke then I would bet there is fire.

He is concerned with himself, his contract, and his own edification. If things go bad he will start the blame game. Sure a lot of people disliked Petrino, but did anyone here classy players like Lawyer Milloy, Warrick Dunn, Keith Brooking moan about it during the season? No, you didn't. The only players who voiced their complaints happen to be the two veterans that are on the way out.
          Yeah I forgot about the Panthers game.

In response to everything else I would say, so what? Lawyer Milloy, Warrick Dunn, and Keith Brooking should all just be happy to be getting paychecks (and the first two probably won't anymore). It's not as if they have a lot of credit to spend. Hall can speak publicly whereas most other players cannot. I would personally want people on my team that are willing to point out when the people in charge don't know what they are doing. You could say that isn't his role as a player, but doesn't someone have to say SOMETHING? Arthur Blank appears to be the new Dan Snyder.

And I want players to get in fights. Olin Kruetz cracked Fred Miller in the skull with a freeweight, I never wanted him on my team more.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I'm just curious, but why is Hall a "head-case"? You hear this a lot and I've never quite understood why. Petrino seemed like a complete asshole, and the Falcons organization itself seems to be run by people that have no idea what they are doing, so I don't have a problem with him questioning either, and probably wouldn't if I was a Falcons fan. Is he really that out of line for questioning how things are being done? Maybe I've missed a few things, but I don't think that what he has done is anything wore than, say, Deion Sanders did in the past.
            Deion Sanders never shaved "I own #80" and then get burnt by Jerry Rice. He did defend Michael Vick as did DeAngelo Hall, although how well that reflects on both of them, you decide. Deion Sanders never did did anything like the aforementioned Panthers incident. At least so far as I know. Now, I'm not going to sit here and defend Bobby Petrino. He's a quitter and I doubt he'll ever get another job in the NFL that doesn't involve a job description of fetching water. But the people running the Falcons organization don't seem to the be only ones there who have no idea what they're doing.
            Last edited by Crickett; 02-22-2008, 03:02 AM.

Comment

To Shiver:

Are you serious? And the fact that he shut down Steve Smith for the rest of the 55 minutes has no affect on the game? It was the only reason we were IN the game to begin with. Can you imagine what kind of job Houston or Sanders would have done on Smith? Exactly. To say that Hall 'lost' us the game is just ridiculous. He actually shut down to the full extent of the phrase a top 5 WR. Yes he lost his temper, but that has always been his problem. He is immature and is 24 years old. Give him a break. He has always been an emotional player. He will realize as he gets older that it is no longer about just himself and that he needs to keep his emotions in check for the better of the team. Can you imagine DeAngelo Hall as a mature individual? Can you say top3 CB in the league? Maybe number 1? You want to trade away a guy who is a top young player at his position (which could be the 2nd hardest position in the NFL) because he was disgruntled against his ***** of a coach and because he is immature?

You think he is not going to get better? Become more mature?
              Last edited by d34ng3l021; 02-22-2008, 03:08 AM.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Why should anyone assume that he will mature? Maybe this is just who he is. People don't always magically mature when they become 26, 27, etc., just look at Michael Vick for a prominent example.

Comment

Because that is usually what happens. Michael Vick is actually the exception.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

you guys should really lay off Vick. i'm not trying to defend what he did or anything but it's not like he's getting out of jail 2morrow to go off and start up Bad Newz Kennelz again. Vick did 1 major idiotic thing that cost him prolly his career. and d34ng, the hall as a "mature individual being a top 3 Cb possibly #1", only if the real idoitic, immature, ubertalented CB Pacman Jones takes number 1 after he see the error of his ways too

Comment

Dont compare Hall and Jones' off the field problems to each other. Hall is like a saint compared to Jones.

Hall and Jones have a very similar skill set though.

Comment

well...damn, if they will take the 31st...I'd give them the 26th...five spots up...can't be it...

Comment

This would be an amazing move by the giants. I know you people think he would cause problems, but he's still a very young guy, and when you are losing all the time as a result of mostly other people, I think you get a little pissed off when the other team is gloating and stuff. If he gets to NY, I hate to be a homer, but I seriously think that they will a top 2 defense, including the secondary (this year the secondary was exploited but got better, still not amazing)

EDIT: I also think he's the same age as our 1st rounder last year, Aaron Ross.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Of course they would. The question is if the Falcons would be willing to trade him for that pick. I say no, but who knows.

Exactly. You have a 24 year old corner who is one of the best in the game. You trade a late first rounder for him. Without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              Exactly. You have a 24 year old corner who is one of the best in the game. You trade a late first rounder for him. Without a doubt.
                              But I dont think he's exactly the happiest guy in atlanta, im not so sure he wants to stay. I would agree that this trade would be horrible for atlanta, we should give you a player or another pick in return, but trades rumors are just rumors, until they happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                                But I dont think he's exactly the happiest guy in atlanta, im not so sure he wants to stay. I would agree that this trade would be horrible for atlanta, we should give you a player or another pick in return, but trades rumors are just rumors, until they happen.

He actually has said he likes Mike Smith and wants to stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information