Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hall to the Gmen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't usually like to post .gifs but I cant help but picture this when people talk about him:


    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
      He actually has said he likes Mike Smith and wants to stay.
      Hopefully he does. I don't his bad attitude screwing up the chemistry the Giants have together.

      Comment


      • #33
        I love how Shiver changes his opinion of players as soon as they are rumored to leave the team. Deja Vu.


        As far as the trade, the picks not that high, im pretty sure there are other teams who would give up a pick in the 20's for him with no problem, dont think Dallas is one, not sure how TO or Deangelo would feel about going against eachother in practice.





        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

        Comment


        • #34
          You guys are looking at this from a straight talent perspective. You have to consider the money situation which is a big part of it considering the Falcons have a Patriots-school-of-thought GM running the show.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
            Some Falcons fans think Hall is somehow worth a top 10 pick. He's not.

            He wants out of Atlanta and is one year away from a HUGE contract. You can't ask a team to give up a premium selection, then have to pay him close to $7-8 million per season.

            I would personally trade #31 for him right now, pending an extension. Meaning unless Hall and the Giants agree to terms, no trade.

            Reese likes using trades, I can see this happening. Sooner rather than later too.
            You say he wants out of Atlanta, Hall says he'd sit until we give him a long term deal.

            #31 for one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL is INSANITY...it would take the Giants entire first day and then some to pull Hall from Atlanta. Give us Justin Tuck and #31 and #64 and you could MAYBE sniff him.

            Atlanta isn't stupid anymore, if they're looking to move him, they'll do it, but it won't be for cheap. Please note, Hall is now 24 years old...quite a few players coming out this year are that age and older...

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Why should anyone assume that he will mature? Maybe this is just who he is. People don't always magically mature when they become 26, 27, etc., just look at Michael Vick for a prominent example.
              Some people do mature, look at sean taylor his first 2 years in the leauge and his last 2
              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                You say he wants out of Atlanta, Hall says he'd sit until we give him a long term deal.

                #31 for one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL is INSANITY...it would take the Giants entire first day and then some to pull Hall from Atlanta. Give us Justin Tuck and #31 and #64 and you could MAYBE sniff him.

                Atlanta isn't stupid anymore, if they're looking to move him, they'll do it, but it won't be for cheap. Please note, Hall is now 24 years old...quite a few players coming out this year are that age and older...
                This is a prime example of what I am talking about. Our first day? Arguably our best DE that we have signed at a nice rate for 7 more years and 2 picks?

                Of course won't mind staying if the Falcons pony up and give him a $75 million contract but like you said, would the Falcons be smart enough to not do that? I'm not saying #31 alone will do it but know that every team has fans that overvalue their players and you are one of them.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                Comment


                • #38
                  He's not going to go straight up to the Giants for the #31 pick, thats just to get things started, they will have to add in more players because plenty of teams will give up a pick in the 20's...Its just a rumor, I dont think he's worth a top 10 pick but I know at least 2 other teams wouldnt mind giving up a higher pick with the cap room to sign him. Of course he would be a great fit in NY because with that pass rush his job is even easier, but still #31 alone will not be enough, Atlanta wouldnt do that.





                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    He's not going to go straight up to the Giants for the #31 pick, thats just to get things started, they will have to add in more players because plenty of teams will give up a pick in the 20's...Its just a rumor, I dont think he's worth a top 10 pick but I know at least 2 other teams wouldnt mind giving up a higher pick with the cap room to sign him. Of course he would be a great fit in NY because with that pass rush his job is even easier, but still #31 alone will not be enough, Atlanta wouldnt do that.
                    I could really see us giving up shockey and our first for hall, even though im not really all for it.
                    Last edited by BaLLiN; 02-23-2008, 11:48 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                      I could really see us giving up shockey and our first for hall, even though im really all for it.
                      Nobody wants Shockey coming off torn ligaments in his ankle on top of a broken leg. He is undervalued at this point, Reese won't trade him.

                      As of right now I am willing to go #31 and Fred Robbins. I could see the Falcons going after a 1st and 3rd combo or 1st and Jacobs type deal but Reese doesn't play like that. From what I can see, he makes his offer and then leaves the building. Take it or leave it.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                        Nobody wants Shockey coming off torn ligaments in his ankle on top of a broken leg. He is undervalued at this point, Reese won't trade him.

                        As of right now I am willing to go #31 and Fred Robbins. I could see the Falcons going after a 1st and 3rd combo or 1st and Jacobs type deal but Reese doesn't play like that. From what I can see, he makes his offer and then leaves the building. Take it or leave it.
                        Yea exactly, he does what he thinks is a fair trade and good value, and if the other team isnt satisfied he doesnt try to deal anymore, Ill be amazed if this trade goes through.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                          You say he wants out of Atlanta, Hall says he'd sit until we give him a long term deal.

                          #31 for one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL is INSANITY...it would take the Giants entire first day and then some to pull Hall from Atlanta. Give us Justin Tuck and #31 and #64 and you could MAYBE sniff him.

                          Atlanta isn't stupid anymore, if they're looking to move him, they'll do it, but it won't be for cheap. Please note, Hall is now 24 years old...quite a few players coming out this year are that age and older...
                          wait, WHAT? Give up our whole 1st day AND arguably the defensive MVP of the Super Bowl(who happens to be 25) and then MAYBE SNIFF HIM????? that may be the most absurd thing I've heard in my entire life.

                          Hall is a great talent and very young, but that statement blows my mind
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            He's not going to go straight up to the Giants for the #31 pick, thats just to get things started, they will have to add in more players because plenty of teams will give up a pick in the 20's...Its just a rumor, I dont think he's worth a top 10 pick but I know at least 2 other teams wouldnt mind giving up a higher pick with the cap room to sign him. Of course he would be a great fit in NY because with that pass rush his job is even easier, but still #31 alone will not be enough, Atlanta wouldnt do that.
                            Let's start by saying I don't want him, even only for #31 straight up. But because of the money you are going to have to give him, he isn't worth as much as all you think. It is similar to Santana in baseball. Santana wasn't going to return a huge package, because any team who traded for him would have to sign him to a huge contract.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                              You say he wants out of Atlanta, Hall says he'd sit until we give him a long term deal.

                              #31 for one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL is INSANITY...it would take the Giants entire first day and then some to pull Hall from Atlanta. Give us Justin Tuck and #31 and #64 and you could MAYBE sniff him.

                              Atlanta isn't stupid anymore, if they're looking to move him, they'll do it, but it won't be for cheap. Please note, Hall is now 24 years old...quite a few players coming out this year are that age and older...
                              LOL. Our first day picks AND Justin Tuck? To just 'sniff' Hall? Are you kidding me? I wouldn't do Tuck for Hall straight up. Tuck is worth far more than Hall, if only because he's locked up long term for cheap in this day and age. I'm not saying he's a better player (it depends on how much you value each position), but the long term deal is a huge plus compared to Hall who is going to be in for a pay day soon.

                              Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I cut Hall some slack because he is a young guy, but I don't like his attitude at times. Granted he was playing with a fool of a head coach in Petrino. I suppose I'd be happy if we got him for 31 straight up (which I doubt), but I kind of like the guys we have. All character guys, pretty much.
                              Last edited by Forenci; 02-22-2008, 09:28 AM.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                Let's start by saying I don't want him, even only for #31 straight up. But because of the money you are going to have to give him, he isn't worth as much as all you think. It is similar to Santana in baseball. Santana wasn't going to return a huge package, because any team who traded for him would have to sign him to a huge contract.
                                I've been trying to explain that to them....they are having a tough time grasping that idea.

                                It's not like we're making this trade in 2005 with a few years left on his rookie contract.
                                Originally posted by Paul
                                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information