Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 21ST View Post
    but they do it every year.....
    The past few years they have done it....and 2008-2009-2010 was when the sensible football fan told everyone to watch out for. They can't do this every year and remain competitive unless they're cool with a bunch of backups, that will be needed, that make the veteran and rookie minimums.

I'm telling you, the trade of Champ Bailey was the beginning of this franchise's doom. They aren't going anywhere.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      for the last time, it's not the cap situation. it's the year length and Hall's willingness to sign a long term deal. But hey, if you or Washington wanna trade for a guy who may not sign long term and give up your 1st rounder, be my guest.

If you really choose to believe that either the Redskins or Cowboys would trade a 1st for Hall, and not lock him up long term then by all means go ahead...Im not sure how you could assume that this early, which makes no sense at all...Dallas is going to let Flozell go, Hamlin may go next year, and you havent even seen how they are going to approach this years free agency.

Id love for you to tell me how Dallas is not able to sign him longterm, without seeing how they address free agency this year or next, how are you able to come to that decision now that the Giants could lock him up long term, but no one else can? Do you know how crazy it is to even say that before the draft or free agency?

Aside from that, your not even taking into consideration players being cut/released in the next year or two for both teams because you dont know who thats goingn to be at this point in time, I guess your trying to squeeze a Deangelo Hall contract into Dallas cap number right now which isnt the case at all.
      Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 02-22-2008, 03:19 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• When was the last time the Redskins had to cut an important player to get under the cap? I honestly can't remember.

This is just a bunch of Giants fans taking pot-shots at the Redskins for no apparent reason.

And for the record, the Colts have had the highest payroll the last few years, they just draw less buzz because they do it primarily by signing their own players. If they can keep Manning, Freeney, Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Sanders, etc., all under contract I'm pretty sure the Skins could work out a deal for Hall.

And the whole notion for playing for a Superbowl team is ridiculous. There are maybe 5-6 teams that you can safely won't compete for a Superbowl in the next 3-4 years. The Falcons are one. The Redskins are not. The whole one extra game they won in the regular season last year is really going to drastically shape people's minds. They played very well in the playoffs last year, but the Giants are far from the favorites to win in next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
          The past few years they have done it....and 2008-2009-2010 was when the sensible football fan told everyone to watch out for. They can't do this every year and remain competitive unless they're cool with a bunch of backups, that will be needed, that make the veteran and rookie minimums.

I'm telling you, the trade of Champ Bailey was the beginning of this franchise's doom. They aren't going anywhere.
          If we didn't trade Champ, we would of had to release him. He wanted out of DC regardless. Besides, Portis is the main reason we made the playoffs in 05, and was a major factor in our resurgence last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post

If they even have a cap after this year then im pretty sure the cap still wouldnt be a problem just because it will keep going up.

Also, how is trading a player that doesn't want to play for your team a bad thing?
            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

• I would say the Cowboys have the best shot at getting Hall. They probably have the best combination of draft picks combined with possible players that they can let go of, to make the deal. I could see the Cowboys giving up their first including a player such as Bobby Carpenter, Marcus Spears or even a veteran in Anthony Henry to try and entice the Falcons into making the deal. I would love for the Giants to get Hall, but at the end of the day, it is about what the Falcons want rather than what Hall wants.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Could Bobby Carpenter play MLB in a 4-3?

Comment

• Could Bobby Carpenter be a 4-3 MLB?
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    If you really choose to believe that either the Redskins or Cowboys would trade a 1st for Hall, and not lock him up long term then by all means go ahead...Im not sure how you could assume that this early, which makes no sense at all...Dallas is going to let Flozell go, Hamlin may go next year, and you havent even seen how they are going to approach this years free agency.

Id love for you to tell me how Dallas is not able to sign him longterm, without seeing how they address free agency this year or next, how are you able to come to that decision now that the Giants could lock him up long term, but no one else can? Do you know how crazy it is to even say that before the draft or free agency?

Aside from that, your not even taking into consideration players being cut/released in the next year or two for both teams because you dont know who thats goingn to be at this point in time, I guess your trying to squeeze a Deangelo Hall contract into Dallas cap number right now which isnt the case at all.
                    Hall has to agree to sign longterm, it's not like Dallas can just say "Oh, I think we'll give him a longterm deal today". Hall has to agree. He probably wouldn't. And if he didn't, do you really think Dallas would trade for him? It's not the cap, it's Hall's willingness to sign the long term deal. I NEVER brought cap situations into play here, I brought up would Hall be willing to sign long term in Dallas.
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Haha.

Same post.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Could Bobby Carpenter play MLB in a 4-3?
                        He didn't do that great of a job as an ILB in the 3-4 in Dallas. I'd be willing to take a shot at him in a 4-3.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Bobby would be a 4-3 OLB.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Okay, Sean Payton & Mickey Loomis. Make your move. Yeah, in the same division... blahblahblah.

Let me have me dream. :(
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Okay, Sean Payton & Mickey Loomis. Make your move. Yeah, in the same division... blahblahblah.

Let me have me dream. :(
                              DeAngelo Hall for Drew Brees straight up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                DeAngelo Hall for Drew Brees straight up.
                                DeAngelo Hall + 3rd overall pick for Drew Brees. We'll take McFadden at 3 and then he'll just be our QB splitting time with Tyler Palko.

BUSH/MCFADDEN/PALKO OMG~!
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information