Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall to the Gmen?

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008..._deangelo.html

According to two people with knowledge of discussions between the teams, the Giants are willing to give Atlanta their first-round pick (31st overall) in April's draft in exchange for Hall. The people requested anonymity because of the private nature of the trade talks.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Willing to give their first round pick you say for Hall?

I'm sure a lot of teams would.....

Comment

Fits the system, would be a good addition, he's better then any corner in the draft IMO

Might clash a lil with TC though

Comment

Of course they would. The question is if the Falcons would be willing to trade him for that pick. I say no, but who knows.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

At least people will now realize that DB is a much bigger need for the team than LB.

Comment

Some Falcons fans think Hall is somehow worth a top 10 pick. He's not.

He wants out of Atlanta and is one year away from a HUGE contract. You can't ask a team to give up a premium selection, then have to pay him close to $7-8 million per season.

I would personally trade #31 for him right now, pending an extension. Meaning unless Hall and the Giants agree to terms, no trade.

Reese likes using trades, I can see this happening. Sooner rather than later too.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Wow, with him, Ross, and Webster who did play better later in the season, that would be an impressive rotation of young CB's. So I'm hoping it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                Some Falcons fans think Hall is somehow worth a top 10 pick. He's not.

He wants out of Atlanta and is one year away from a HUGE contract. You can't ask a team to give up a premium selection, then have to pay him close to $7-8 million per season.

I would personally trade #31 for him right now, pending an extension. Meaning unless Hall and the Giants agree to terms, no trade.

Reese likes using trades, I can see this happening. Sooner rather than later too.
                Top 10? No.

Top 20? I think so.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Top 10? No.

Top 20? I think so.
                  That's the thing that MAY hold this off now that I think about it.

I wonder if they would want anyone on the Giants in addition to the pick. Nobody big...but maybe a Fred Robbins type player.
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                  These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

... *sigh* Damnit. Just... damnit.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I'd give a first and third for him, but the situation we have doesn't really allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        I'd give a first and third for him, but the situation we have doesn't really allow it.
                        I'd easily give a first for him... the #10 pick, though? I don't know... I love Hall, but that's steep as hell.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

well if you give a high pick at least the money goes to a known quantity as opposed to a rookie who hasn't done anything

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Hahahaha. Hahahahaha....Thats good.

Okay. I am done.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Hopefully this starts a bidding war, just like last year when Houston overpaid Atlanta for Schaub to one-up the Raiders. I doubt Atlanta would take just #31, so it is up to the Giants as to whether they would be willing to sweeten the deal.

It is very obvious that Atlanta is going to great lengths to eliminate the loud, opinionated segment of the Falcons' locker room. Last year DeAngelo Hall and Alge Crumpler made a lot of noise, and it looks like both are going to be gone. You cannot win with players like that; for example, just look at the Giants once they got rid of Tiki Barber and to some extent Jeremy Shockey.

I think this makes complete sense on the Falcons' part. DeAngelo Hall is a top-10 CB, but he wants a new contract and is obviously a head-case. If they do this deal, or some variant of it, then they would have four picks in the first forty-eight picks! If you want to rebuild that is exactly what you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information