Jets give Vilma chance to seek trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
    And I will give you brian Simmons.....LOL that might cause them to reject the trade nevermind..
    hahah good point.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
      Do you think he could pass a physical right now?
      Most definately. Working in the ortho field for the last couple years i've seen plenty of bone chip removals in knees, elbows etc. (mostly from college and 30 year old ex athletes) and they have a near perfect success rate of coming back healthier. Now, I don't know the exact specifics of vilma's surgery, but it wasn't microfracture or anything that invasive and he should be looking to make a full recovery by training camp.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
        I think he'd be fantastic in NO.

just saying, out of all the places i think he could go. vilma and NO would love it. i don't know if NO can muster up enough to trade.

maybe reggie bush.
        Leon Washington > Reggie Bush

Anyway, I hope the Jets get more than a 3rd.

Comment

Wow, a 3rd? Thats worth the risk for alot of teams like the Saints or Lions, if he is healthy you get way more value then that 3rd...If I was the Jets id be trying for a late 2nd...Somebody better step up and make an offer, thats a steal.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Screw Hall. Now this the guy I would want the Giants to get. If he is healthy of course. Put him at weakside linebacker.
            He is gimpy, while hall if healthier. Read this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo..._injury-2.html

Vilma wouldn't be worth it, because you never know when that damn knee would finally give out.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
              I think he'd be fantastic in NO.

just saying, out of all the places i think he could go. vilma and NO would love it. i don't know if NO can muster up enough to trade.

maybe reggie bush.
              Because that makes total sense...
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Because that makes total sense...
                it was a joke.
                i swear.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                  Considering the health, the Detroit/Shaun Rogers fit seems all the more likely if both sides would get around to it, provided the Jets have interest in Rogers, which I haven't heard a definitive rumor on.
                  This is an interesting proposition and makes some sense. My only concern if I'm the Jets if if Rogers is going to have the motor or the desire to play up front in the 3-4. It's not a glamour position by any means, and i'm just not sure he would do any better in NY than he did in Detroit. I'd also wonder how the money would work out, but that's just speculation.

I do think, however, that Vilma could be actively sought after if healthy. When Zach Thomas is getting multiple contract offers you know the market is bare.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm still not sold on this Mangini forced 3-4, and although i'd much prefer Vilma to stay, i think if this is the scheme that will be continued to be used, then it is the best thing for both sides. I'd rather just change the scheme though, but Mangini has had his head up his ass for a few seasons now

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I think they are letting him go for to cheap he is still if healthy a great player. I would love to give him a shot.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Chiefs will give up a 3rd and 5th for him!
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Im sure alot of teams will give up a 3rd for the man.....

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

I think that is kind of a cheap price since they say he should be ready by training camp. They must know something we dont. His knee could be worst than what we have heard. I dont know but I would also give Vilma a shot.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

He's a great ILB I don't see why the Jets would trade him.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                                i'd much prefer Vilma to stay
                                I don't believe you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information