Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don Hutson or Jerry Rice: Who is the Greatest WR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
    Why not? He has all the records, he has a championship, he has more MVP awards than any player in history. I think your top five is very skewed if you do not include Favre.
    Because in the tight moments of games, he makes big mistakes about as often as he makes big plays. I do have him in my top 10. I love his toughness and his competitiveness, and he is extremely fun to watch, but he isn't in my top 5. In fact, of current NFL quarterbacks that are not on my favorite team, he is my favorite.

Comment

Is this a joke?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
        Is this a joke?
        That's just disrespectful to Hutson. Clearly siding with your boy Jerry without knowing anything about Hutson. http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...?player_id=104
        ----
        Anyway like I said, Hutson is the most important WR to ever play. He created several routes and moves and dominated. He made this all possible. But Jerry Rice is the best WR ever. That's the correct statement to put on this discussion, and that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so.

And a fun fact: in 1942-43 in 21 games played on defense at Safety, Hutson had 15 Interceptions for 268 yards and a TD. He had 4 in each of the next 2 years. He was a ballhawk before the ball was even thrown that much, unbelievable INT numbers right there.
        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by 20yardline View Post
          Because in the tight moments of games, he makes big mistakes about as often as he makes big plays. I do have him in my top 10. I love his toughness and his competitiveness, and he is extremely fun to watch, but he isn't in my top 5. In fact, of current NFL quarterbacks that are not on my favorite team, he is my favorite.
          And yet John Elway, whom you put on "Mount Passmore" as you put it in another thread, choked away 3 super bowls, and played terrible in four of them. Favre completely outplayed Elway in the Super Bowl. Favre and Elway have both played 22 playoff games, and Favre has a passer rating of 85.2, and Elway has a passer rating of 79.8. Byron Leftwich has a career QB rating of 79.7.

If you're gonna judge QBs solely off performance in the playoffs, a foolish idea in my opinion, then try to do it on something other than selective memories.
          Last edited by DragonFireKai; 02-23-2008, 04:09 PM.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
          The Destroyer Is Manifest!
          I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by NFLCommander View Post
            Steve Young look good (look at what he did before the 49ers).
            College: Senior Season 3900 yards, 33 TDs, 71.3 % Completion(NCAA single season record), 11-1 with a Holiday Bowl win over Missouri. Finished 2nd in Heisman voting. After 3 seasons, 592 pass completions for 7,733 yards and 56 touchdowns, along with 1,048 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns on the ground. 2001, enshrined into the College Football Hall of Fame.

USFL: Led the LA Express to playoffs. First pro football player to throw for 300 and run for 100 yards in a single game.

NFL: First supplemental selection to the Tampa Bay YUCKS! With no talent around him whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information