Who Wants Derek Anderson?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants Derek Anderson?!

As a Browns fan, I am willing to part with him if we can get good draft picks. Anyone out there not a Browns fan, and needs a QB, would you want DA? And what would you give up for him?!....

Does he really want a 6 year $68 million dollar deal? That is just absurd. He thinks he deserves a Romo eqsue contract which is laughable at this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

If im Cleveland, I don't extend him. I think he's a one year wonder. Quinn will be the better qb, and cheaper too.

Trade Anderson while his stock is still high.

Comment

id sign him to a 2 year deal prolly and shop him next year if he still does above average, if i was the the browns

Comment

If they can get anywhere in the neighborhood of what Atlanta got for Schaub then take it. Quinn is going to be more consistent over the future and like some others have said he may be a one-year wonder.

Sell high, buy low

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Derek Anderson is a Restricted Free Agent, correct? Give him the highest possible tender, and make a team who wants him have to give you 1st and 3rd RD picks in order to sign him, or work out a deal similar to Schaub's deal like PF28 said.

If no team bites or is willing to trade what you're looking for, you keep Anderson for one more year and let him walk next offseason. You keep the good QB for one more season, and allow Quinn to keep learning. Probably slip Quinn into some games at the end of the season, or in the course of the season if a game is already in the bag or if the team is being blown out in the 4th QTR.

If I'm Savage, I'm trying to trade Derek Anderson. I think he was exposed in the latter 2nd half of the season, and likely will be exposed again next season. The only thing is, will an inexperienced Brady Quinn hamper the chances of the Browns making the Playoffs?
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Anderson started out the season looking as if he would finish a top 5 QB but his 2nd half #s were very average at best. He threw many ints and was not nearly the player he had been. some people may think it would be crazy to trade him because he is a 'proven thing'- but Quinn def has more potential, a bigger arm. The browns should trade him and get the most value for him right now, because next year he could be an unknown

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

The Browns problem is that regardless of what they're "officially" saying they are trying to move him on and everbody knows it. If I'm another team I'm not going to offer too much and get stung. They also cant really tender him with a 1st and 3rd because the ask is simply too great. The deal is going to have to be a more win : win in my mind for both teams

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

I'd give both Atlanta's second round picks for Brady Quinn, but not Derek Anderson.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Anderson could have starting playoff quarterback on his resume had the officails not blown that end of game winning Winslow TD against Arizona. The play that was a force-out but wasn't called.

kind of random and unrelated, but

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I think they are legitimately willing to let him play one more year, give Quinn another year to groom, and let him walk if need be.

The biggest concern the Browns have right now is the huge PR hit they will take if BA isn't the system QB everyone thinks he is, and Quinn turns out to be a dud. The Browns have been back for almost a decade and have essentially sucked in each of those years, they can't roll the dice too much for fear of sinking the whole ship.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        I think they are legitimately willing to let him play one more year, give Quinn another year to groom, and let him walk if need be.

The biggest concern the Browns have right now is the huge PR hit they will take if BA isn't the system QB everyone thinks he is, and Quinn turns out to be a dud. The Browns have been back for almost a decade and have essentially sucked in each of those years, they can't roll the dice too much for fear of sinking the whole ship.
                        slippery road no doubt. Everyone kind of looks to the chargers as the blue print and says that everything turned out okay for them, then it should for the Browns, which is definitely not a gaurentee. In addition, the salary figures of the players involved are very different, and that is something that people tend to overlook.

One thing Quinn would have on his side are the talented skill position players surrounding him. But needless to say, that doesn't gaurentee success.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          If im Cleveland, I don't extend him. I think he's a one year wonder. Quinn will be the better qb, and cheaper too.

Trade Anderson while his stock is still high.
                          Agreed right now Cleveland cold probably get 2 second round picks and a second day pick for him.

If he bombs next season they won't get much more than a pittance.

Comment

I think taking it slow with another year is probably the best bet. You tender him as already suggested with the highest tender and if someone ends up giving him a massive contract, so be it. If not, you play out the 2008 season and you'll get more of a chance to see if Anderson is for real or not. I would guess he's not. And if he does come out and flop, then Cleveland will clamber for Quinn. If, however, he shows improvement on this season, you extend him with a long term deal and find a trade partner for Quinn.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              I'd give both Atlanta's second round picks for Brady Quinn, but not Derek Anderson.
                              I'd take Carl Nicks and Josh Johnson and trump Brady Quinn...or I'd take Philip Wheeler and Ray Rice and trump Brady...too many good players to give up 2 2nd round picks this year, especially since one of them is like #35 overall...no thanks to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information