No announcement yet.

Jimmy Johnson: I videotaped signals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing is billicheck did it after they told him not to do it, at least that what i got from that interview

Comment

Hahaha... yeah... and? I can see where that logic makes total sense.

Comment

This is all lies. The New England Patriots are the only team who has ever cheated in the history of the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          So the Cowboys dynasty is tarnished too then, right?
          I'd say it would be, if half the team wasn't sitting up in a press booth giving commentary, but i get what you're saying. It's the price the pats pay for being a dynasty, the biggest will always fall the hardest.

I honestly could care less that they did it and they did some of it against my jets. The pats did it, other teams did it and i'll bet teams will still do it to some extent and if they are stupid enough to get caught then they deserve the punishment.

I'm tired of hearing about all this cheating garbage every day; if proof comes out that they 100% taped all these games and gained knowledge than fine, punish them, but until then i'd rather hear about the combine, free agency and the draft. The pats showed they had a great team this year and they also lost the superbowl, i guess i just don't really care what they might have done the better part of a decade ago. Bottom line is they were wrong and who ever cheated was wrong and who ever cheats will be wrong; atleast it sets a precedence for future violators and hopefully it allows the defense to have a player with an earpiece in their ear.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I don't think anyone said their dynasty is tarnished and their trophies should be taken away for what they were already punished for, that is, the so-called "Spygate I". But "Spygate I" is a non-issue now, is it not? The Patriots were punished for it, and everyone moved on.

Most people seem more concerned with the allegations of the Patriots videotaping the Rams' walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI, aka "Spygate II". That is why people feel their dynasty is tarnished. There is no evidence (yet?), but "Spygate I" has eliminated the benefit of the doubt in most people's minds regarding whether it is true or not. It may be unfair to the Patriots and their public image, but it is what it is.

I don't know if "Spygate I" and "Spygate II" are what people are calling them, but I believe I've seen it used before, and it seems handy for distinguishing between the two.

Comment

TAKE AWAY THEIR SUPERBOWLS!!!!!!!!!aa

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                I'd say it would be, if half the team wasn't sitting up in a press booth giving commentary, but i get what you're saying. It's the price the pats pay for being a dynasty, the biggest will always fall the hardest.

I honestly could care less that they did it and they did some of it against my jets. The pats did it, other teams did it and i'll bet teams will still do it to some extent and if they are stupid enough to get caught then they deserve the punishment.

I'm tired of hearing about all this cheating garbage every day; if proof comes out that they 100% taped all these games and gained knowledge than fine, punish them, but until then i'd rather hear about the combine, free agency and the draft. The pats showed they had a great team this year and they also lost the superbowl, i guess i just don't really care what they might have done the better part of a decade ago. Bottom line is they were wrong and who ever cheated was wrong and who ever cheats will be wrong; atleast it sets a precedence for future violators and hopefully it allows the defense to have a player with an earpiece in their ear.
                Finally something we agree on.

All I want is consistency. I've said all along that "everyone did it" and have rebuffed. Now I can't be. It's time people start letting go and moving on.

I have thought this was completely over-blown since day one, and it makes sense as to why: happened in New York, Boston/New York rivalry, Belichick makes just about every member of the medias job harder then it needs to be, etc. He is an easy target, and people were looking for reasons to hate the Patriots.

But really, this has been played out. The entire league thinks it's not that big of a deal and want to move on. Time for everyone else to do the same.

Comment

Haven't people kinda moved on? Currently the only thread on the 1st page in this NFL forum relating to this topic is this one right here made by you, and another one your actively discussing in yourself *shrug*.
                  Last edited by OzTitan; 02-23-2008, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    This is all lies. The New England Patriots are the only team who has ever cheated in the history of the NFL.
                    the thread should have ended here.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Jay's acts of attempting to defend his team are only instigating everyone's negative feelings for the Pats due to the reader having to remember the whole Spygate scandal.

The difference between the Pats and the Cowboys is time. The Pats are now, and the 'Boys are the past. It may not be fair, but it's not like cheaters can ask for fairness or for non-hypocritical views. You got caught cheating, and you claim that people are being too harsh? Gimme a break...
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'm missing something. Did Jimmy Johnson videotape the practices of the Buffalo Bills a day before the SuperBowl? Can you please point me to that part

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

I'm sorry but isn't this old news? I thought I remembered him saying right after SpyGate occurred that he had done it with his teams. Maybe this is a newer interview but this is nothing that hasn't been said before.

Comment

i don't get what every Pats fan does this for. Anyone who wants to know the difference should check the history, its a rule, u get caught, ur a cheater. There is not evidence that anyone else did what they did. Did the Pats not go even further than this and steal signals and calls over radio frequencies? I beleive that is also a slight difference and makes what they did a little bit worse.

Patriot fans need to wake up and realize that they are the cheaters and stop trying to tone it down. Deal with it and move on, ur tainted

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              Jay's acts of attempting to defend his team are only instigating everyone's negative feelings for the Pats due to the reader having to remember the whole Spygate scandal.

The difference between the Pats and the Cowboys is time. The Pats are now, and the 'Boys are the past. It may not be fair, but it's not like cheaters can ask for fairness or for non-hypocritical views. You got caught cheating, and you claim that people are being too harsh? Gimme a break...
                              They broke rules that we can now officially say everyone broke. No more proof is needed, we have a Super Bowl winning coach that was a part of three organizations saying "everyone did it." That doesn't make it OK for anyone to do, but it does prove just how irrelevant it really is.

It's like speeding. Everyone does it, but it doesn't make it OK when you get a ticket.

This is a petty crime. The only reason people call want it to be "cheating" or the most egregious act ever committed in the history of the NFL . I don't think every team did it, but a lot of them did, and every team steals signals. There are a number of ways to steal signals, and it will ALWAYS be guess work regardless of the method you choose.

But hey, when your players stop chop blocking guys at the knees, stomping on peoples faces and shooting up dance clubs, maybe I'll look to you for advice on morality. Because I'll tell you what, your team may have cheated mine out of a Super Bowl when Bobby Wade decided to take out Rodney Harrison's knee, but I am sure everyone will think that is OK because it was Rodney Harrison.

It's time for people to get over it. If you refuse to treat the two as the same, you are here forward a hypocrite. It's that simple. I'll treat this the same as rumors of the Rams spying on the Patriots and the confirmation that the Jets used video in Foxboro along the Pats and "Spygate I": ain't nothing but a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                                There is not evidence that anyone else did what they did.
                                Yes, there is. Jimmy Johnson said he did it. With multiple teams. That line right there can NEVER be said again.

Did the Pats not go even further than this and steal signals and calls over radio frequencies?
                                No, they didn't. Just another part of the pile on, mob mentality myths someone threw out there that everyone wanted to believe.

Patriot fans need to wake up and realize that they are the cheaters and stop trying to tone it down. Deal with it and move on, ur tainted
                                Only because it makes you sleep better at night. I don't blame you. Blaming the Colts loss last year on Rodney Harrison not playing and the absolute putrid pass interference call on Ellis Hobbs got me through an entire summer...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information