No announcement yet.

Jimmy Johnson: I videotaped signals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in no way condoning the Cowboys cheating, but the question marks about the validity of Superbowls is a bit different between the two teams.

Cowboys 52
    Bills 17

Cowboys 30
    Bills 13

Cowboys 27
    Steelers 17

The only one of those games that it seems like the outcome could have been altered due to the cheating is the Steelers game, possibly. The other two are basically blowouts. The Patriots on the other hand won 3 games by 3 points. It should be obvious that the question of whether they would have still won those games looms much larger for the Patriots than the Cowboys. With that being said, I am not condoning the Cowboys actions, I am simply saying that the outcomes of their games almost certainly wouldn't have changed if they didn't tape, except maybe the Steelers. As for the other NFC teams they played during those playoffs, I haven't looked at the scores, but if those were close games then yes those teams have a legitimate gripe.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
      I am in no way condoning the Cowboys cheating, but the question marks about the validity of Superbowls is a bit different between the two teams.

Cowboys 52
      Bills 17

Cowboys 30
      Bills 13

Cowboys 27
      Steelers 17

The only one of those games that it seems like the outcome could have been altered due to the cheating is the Steelers game, possibly. The other two are basically blowouts. The Patriots on the other hand won 3 games by 3 points. It should be obvious that the question of whether they would have still won those games looms much larger for the Patriots than the Cowboys. With that being said, I am not condoning the Cowboys actions, I am simply saying that the outcomes of their games almost certainly wouldn't have changed if they didn't tape, except maybe the Steelers. As for the other NFC teams they played during those playoffs, I haven't looked at the scores, but if those were close games then yes those teams have a legitimate gripe.
      And Jimmy Johnson was no longer the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX against the Steelers, so if he did videotape other team's defensive signal callers, it's unknown whether the practice continued under Barry Switzer.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post

Cowboys 52
        Bills 17

Cowboys 30
        Bills 13

Cowboys 27
        Steelers 17

It's not just about the superbowls. And even if we look at the superbowls, maybe its because the talent difference was much greater than it was for the pats teams and their opponents.
        Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
          Does it make it any more right? No...
          EXACTLY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
            But it's OK to baselessly speculate everything the Patriots might have done, and I am naive for not buying all the BS everyone spews about what the Pats did. Yup, I buy that. I mean, there's all these stories coming out about this team and that team doing it and former players saying "everyone was doing it," but I'll just buy into what a bunch of kids sitting at keyboards say over them. Yup, yup, yup.
            Everyone has an opinion. You're a Pats fan, and you're opinion is that the Pats' Championships are clean. But if a Colts fan, for example, says that there's a good chance that the Pats did something illegal during those Super Bowl wins, would he be wrong? Or would he be correct? The obvious answer is neither, as they weren't caught doing anything. But, one would think that the Colts fan's opinion may be most likely due to the Pats being caught once. It is pure speculation, but it is not baseless. The Pats were caught cheating while under Bill Belichick, and Belichick was the coach during those wins. One wouldn't be out of line to say that there's a possibility that the Pats did it not only in their previous Super Bowls, but in their previous seasons as well. Just because a bunch of teams may have been cheating too doesn't mean that the Pats were suddenly on the same playing field with the entire league.

WHAT?@!?!?!?!??r?wt$?y$%y?@#?? HAHAHAHAHA.

It... doesn't... matter... because... it... wasn't... a controversy? GIVE ME A ******* BREAK. This is pathetic. PATHETIC. Same act, same rule (which oh by the way, was very much in place "back then"), same crime.

PERIOD

I absolutely LOVE IT that you are all reaching for your excuse books to try and actually convince yourselves that this is any different. It's laughable. And it proves what I've said all along: you're bitter and taking it out on the Pats.
            It was a rule back in the 90's? My mistake then.

If Jimmie Johnson did it today, he'd get the same treatment as Belichick. But that fact is that is was done in the past, and that the only proof we have of this is Johnson's word. No video tapes or anything. Just because an attention seeking ex-coach claims something does not mean we can go, "Oh hell, lets just shrug this thing off!" It doesn't matter how many Championships he's won.

Aww the poor baby doesn't like it when his team's actions are called into question. What's the matter? Don't like people nit-picking your team? Get in line and join the club.
            Lol, no, the baby doesn't like it. Unlike the Pats, the Titans aren't shady from top to bottom. We have two players who committed the dirty acts; not the entire team. Haynesworth was an isolated incident. PacMan has been in the league for two whole seasons when he messed up. I don't mind nit-picking when they're in the form of pathetic, cheap shots. Nice try though.

Riiiiiiiiight, you keep telling yourself that buddy. It was as dirty as any play Harrison has ever made.
            If I remember correctly, there was a play going towards Wade, and Wade was locked with Harrison. Wade then blocked Harrison below the waist, and effectively, and legally, took Harrison out of the play. Incidentally, the block caused Harrison's injured leg to worsen and was forced to leave the game. Harrison then accused Wade of intentially diving towards Harrison's injured leg. If you watch the tape, you see Harrison and Wade tied up, the ball carrier running towards the two, and Wade diving at Harrison's legs, which was the move effective way for the undersized Wade to take Harrison out of the play.

Harrison made the mistake of playing in a pointless game for the Pats while injured, and he was hurt worse in the process. He was understandably angry, but he took it out on Wade by calling him dirty. It wasn't dirty. Harrison was hurt on a routine, legal block and played the diva card.

Oh I see, so it's OK to intentionally hurt guys with a bad reputation. I can see where that makes sense.
            I never said that, but good on you for twisting my words. It's just ironic when a notorious bank robber gets angry for being pick-pocketed. Well, since he wasn't intentially hurt, I guess it's more like a notorious bank robber accidentally losing his wallet and complaining about it.

The Patriots lost by four points after leading almost the entire game. Rodney Harrison OWNS Peyton Manning and the teams is a different team with him in the lineup. Yes, he would have made a difference. A huge one.
            If he's that significant of a cog for the defense against the Colts, then the Pats were idiots for playing Harrison while he's hurt. He could have been chop blocked or just hurt himself during a tackle. You have no one to blame but yourselves. But I understand. It's easier to blame others for your own musfortune.

Non-existent? Maybe to those of you who aren't forced to read the absolute garbage that gets spewed on a daily basis...

And yeah, if you can't look at what Jimmy Johnson says he did his entire career and what the Patriots did and say "wow, it's the same thing," then you are hypocrite. Period.
            I had to read the PacMan Jones drama all summer. I know what it feels like. But I don't read anything today, and I haven't read anything recently. So it would be foolish of me to make a thread going, "PacMan given probation for Georgia incident," it would only stir up more, "He's never coming back into the NFL," "He'll be dead by the time he's 26," etc. It would hurt more than help.

It is the same thing. But if you think both will be treated the same way, you are hopelessly naive.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I'm just going to let it go because my point has been made. The hypocrisy exists and I am fine with that little nugget being exposed. Kind of like the reason no one is talking about all the tampering going on right now with Asante Samuel.

It was fun for everyone while it lasted, not we can turn out the lights and move on until some actual, factual news comes out...

PS - Pacman paid his debt, let him play.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                If I find a murdered persons blood in your house, it is safe to assume you killed them, right(or were at least somehow involved)? This is the same thing. Walsh was a member of the Patriots organization. We already know that BB isn't the paradigm of virtue. Hell, even if he was Tony Dungy, I wouldn't doubt for a second that he used them. You take every advantage you can get. Everyone lies, everyone cheats. That is a fact of life. People are not virtuous. They will take every advantage they can get.

Walsh having the tapes is all the proof the NFL will need. They won't strip the Pats of the Super Bowls. They will probably suspend Belicheck. The Pats won't be able to sue the NFL. Let's say that BB actually had a moment of utmost virtuosity and declined the view the tapes. The Patriots are still responsible for their employees. BB will not get out of this unscathed. He will either be pushed into retirement, or he will be suspended.

On a side note, I will be pissed if they strip the Super Bowl. I will also be pissed if they get off scot free. BB is going to be the fall guy, mark my words.
                Dont be so sure they arent stripped of a SB. Supposedly the Rams may just press to have the SB stripped from the Patriots if Walsh actually has a tape. Peter King thinks they may just push for it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ine/index.html

Over the weekend, I spoke with former Rams coach Mike Martz about the allegation that the Patriots videotaped St. Louis' walk through practice the day before Super Bowl XXXVI. He says the Ram practice that day consisted of the offense running its red-zone plays at half speed. I hear that Martz and other Ram people are privately talking much tougher, and I think it's possible, if there is tape of the walk through, the Rams may press the league to have the outcome of the game overturned.

I'll tell you one thing. If a tape shows up and Martz and Warner go public that they want the SB stripped from New England it will be. The PR nightmare for the NFL would be too much for Kraft's poodle, Goodell to coverup anymore

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

The NFL will never do it. And what has it been? A month since Walsh opened his mouth? And so far... nothing.

He wants total immunity... from what? It has been confirmed he has no confidentiality agreement, so there's no need for immunity. He blew his chance, and there's just another one of his lies coming out.

And how does an assistant golf pro in Hawaii end up with a big shot political lawyer in Washington DC, anyway?

Comment

its only cheating if you get caught, and that was what, ten years ago? I really could care less.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                    who dey?

Comment

• Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Total hypocrisy.

"It's OK to do it, just don't get caught"

Yup, yup, yup...

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information