Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Huff on the trading block?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Huff is the only safety on this team worthy of starting. I can't see how we can trade him, just move him to FS and lets see what happens.
    Last edited by NIN1984; 02-24-2008, 05:19 PM.
    Taking a Knapp.

    Comment


    • #17
      I wouldn't put too much into this, Huff is usually mentioned in our small list of defensive keepers. A lot of stories have come out about the Raiders trying to fire-sale their defense minus Huff, Howard, Morrison and Burgess but nothing ever comes of this. The sad thing is, Huff has not been bad at SS at all, in fact he's been very effective at covering some of the best TEs in the league since he's been drafted. I haven't seen him give up a TD to Gates, or Gonzalez that I can remeber. I think people are putting too much into his lack of INTs, and his iffy tackling, but I don't think he was ever billed as a sure tackler. I like the switch to FS only because Huff does have CB cover abilities and may be more of that ball-hawk people are looking for. Overall I think that this story is 100% false.

      Comment


      • #18
        Nobody has mentioned the money issue either. Huff signed a 6 year deal for 43 million in 2006. Unless the Raiders are going to be really generous in eating all of that, it's not going to happen.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
          I wouldn't put too much into this, Huff is usually mentioned in our small list of defensive keepers. A lot of stories have come out about the Raiders trying to fire-sale their defense minus Huff, Howard, Morrison and Burgess but nothing ever comes of this. The sad thing is, Huff has not been bad at SS at all, in fact he's been very effective at covering some of the best TEs in the league since he's been drafted. I haven't seen him give up a TD to Gates, or Gonzalez that I can remeber. I think people are putting too much into his lack of INTs, and his iffy tackling, but I don't think he was ever billed as a sure tackler. I like the switch to FS only because Huff does have CB cover abilities and may be more of that ball-hawk people are looking for. Overall I think that this story is 100% false.

          I pretty much agree with that. Our division is stacked with talented TE's and he does an excellent job of shutting them down. Hopefully when we move him to FS we can find a big hitting SS to pair him up with because right now there is no other safety on the roster worth a damn.

          Comment


          • #20
            Itd be stupid to trade Huff away.Without him our only good DB is Aso.
            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

            Comment


            • #21
              They would be stupid to give up on the kid this early. The move to FS will be great for him. It will allow him to use his speed and good hands to become a playmaker.

              Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

              WHO DAT

              Comment


              • #22
                madieu williams and a second round pick for him?

                ^A Bonekrusher production^
                #15
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                Comment


                • #23
                  Raiders were stupid to think he can play SS in the NFL.he cant you want him to cover move him to CB..
                  Derrick Morgan > All

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                    They would be stupid to give up on the kid this early. The move to FS will be great for him. It will allow him to use his speed and good hands to become a playmaker.
                    He has dropped so many INT passes..he could of had like 5/6 picks this season if his hands were good.
                    Derrick Morgan > All

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Huff for Jenkins in a straight up trade?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        they wont trade him away dbs take time to develope most take a good 2 - 3 years ...... look at Aso his first 2 years werent really much to talk about. I think Huff is a great talent and will only gete better i also beleive he is better suited for FS then SS, I dont think the raiders will trade away such a guy who was picked so high in the draft few years before would be a big mistake.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
                          Raiders were stupid to think he can play SS in the NFL.he cant you want him to cover move him to CB..
                          Im pretty sure the reason why he was put at SS was because it was the biggest need in the secondary.Aso and Fabs were starting at CB.Stu at FS.The best option was to put him at SS because otherwise youd have Gibson starting.
                          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I think this is probably a case where, if true, the team is simply investigating what might be out there. Granted, you never know, but they probably want to, at the very least, check out what he might get. They've put a lot more assets than most team would in the secondary (Redskins aside). I don't expect them to move him, but who knows. Maybe some team gets dumb and offers a great deal considering this is a thin safety class. Not impossible. For a team like the Raiders, checking out all available options makes some sense, if this is true.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                              madieu williams and a second round pick for him?
                              madieu's a free agent silly
                              SKOL VIKINGS!


                              Comment


                              • #30
                                you are correct.

                                ^A Bonekrusher production^
                                #15
                                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information