No announcement yet.

Jags to gets Viks Williamson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's a dumb ******* move. Jack Del Rio what the hell are you thinking?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

I think this is a good trade, Twill needed a change of scenery, and maybe he will be better with the expectations lifted. Now he isnt that 7th overall draft pick, and is just another WR picked up. He has all the physical attributes to being a good reciever, he just needs to work on his hands.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

This had better be a 6th rounder...

ugh.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

If they want a veteran WR Javon and his attitude problems would be a much better option than Williamson and his lack of hands. I don't see how he fits in the Jags offense at all either. It's not like they're a passing team and they don't thow it deep which is the only thing Williamson can do.

Comment

i think its a decent trade. the potential is there, as it is in most high first round picks, he just needs some work to unlock it a little better.

so if the jags can do that, they get a decent player. i think its a decent move on thier part

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              I'm sure he is only being payed 1-2 mil a year
              Actually only around $400,000.

Still, and I've said this before, I wouldn't want Williamson on my team if he was playing for free. He is the ultimate cancer, the ultimate drive killer.
              "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
              4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                i think its a decent trade. the potential is there, as it is in most high first round picks, he just needs some work to unlock it a little better.

so if the jags can do that, they get a decent player. i think its a decent move on thier part
                You clearly don't know much about Troy Williamson.
                "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Jags probably could have waited and im assuming he probably would have been released. I dont think its an awful deal if its a 6th round or less Williamson has talent he just needs to learn how to catch again.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Maybe they want to use him as their water boy. Extra quick hydration, but still a risky play assuming he can hold onto the water bottle.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

If he is traded, any bonus money that he's due on the contract would have to be paid by the Vikings, so he'd be playing under a contract with no guarantees on it, meaning if he sucks, he can be easily cut, same as a 2nd day pick (which you'll find a lot of on the waiver wire before the season starts). Granted he's not the best of risks, but he's no more risky than a 2nd day pick, especially with no guaranteed money.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

The only thing the Jags need is another WR liable to drop anything. This comes as a huge surprise to me, I wouldn't think Troy would be worth much of anything.

BoneKrusher

Comment

You guys are ridiculous. Do you know the % of 2nd day picks that are even in the NFL after 2-3 years. I'll give you a hint, it's really really low. If it's a 4th then sure, too much. Otherwise it's really no big deal at all. Cade McNown and Ryan Leaf got traded for picks too.

This is no big deal at all. The only thing it really says is that the Vikes are defiantely going to pickup a receiver at some point, and everyone already knew that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            You guys are ridiculous. Do you know the % of 2nd day picks that are even in the NFL after 2-3 years. I'll give you a hint, it's really really low.

This is no big deal at all. The only thing it really says is that the Vikes are defiantely going to pickup a receiver at some point, and everyone already knew that.
                            Exactly, this really isn't that big of a deal. It may or not be a good trade for the Jags in the long run but what's the big risk? It's a second day pick (although I'm interested to see which round it is).

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              You guys are ridiculous. Do you know the % of 2nd day picks that are even in the NFL after 2-3 years. I'll give you a hint, it's really really low.

If he wasn't a first round pick Williamson would probably be out of the league...

Comment

Not bad if its a 6th rd pick, hell at least he can stretch a defense, he really cant catch for crap though, didnt he get lasik last off season? If he learns how to catch a ball or 2 he could become useful, at least the jags got some speed at wr to open things up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information