Jags to gets Viks Williamson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
    I don't know of many rookie 6th or 7th round picks that would come in and give you 250+ yards right away...with that kindof speed...

perhaps we should wait and see how well this works out before we go calling it a bust move...

He will be extremely lucky to make the team. I would rather take a chance on someone who has a shot at being good, than keep a guy who will always be garbage.

Comment

I think he's worth a shot for a late rounder. You never know, sometimes it takes a few years for WR's. I know he has been pretty terrible but even if he just becomes a single dimension deep threat that helps stretch the field, it's something the Jags could use.

Comment

For a 6th, I think it is definitely worth a shot. At least he already has a few seasons of NFL experience on his belt. With the right coaching I think he could become a decent vertical type receiver (although I'm not sold at him becoming it in Jax).

Comment

This is a low-risk, reward trade for the Jags, they had to rely on Dennis Northcutt for cryin' out loud. At least Williamson gives them a deep threat. Even though I still think he's just a 40 time.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
            Personally, I like this move...it means we don't have to use a first day pick or even a second day pick on a speedy unproven with no experience WR...he'll be competition in training camp and worst case scenario is he's the fourth or fifth WR on the depth chart...
            Woah there sailor. I don't think this says anything about the draft. Williamson certainly isn't someone that you're going to rely on. If he gives you something great but I don't think it changes anything.

And worst case scenario he doesn't even make the roster and they give up a 6th rounder for nothing. It's still a worthwhile risk, but it's still a risk.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Am I the only one who finds it a bit funny that last year the Jags signed an older quick/deep threat who had trouble catching the ball in Dennis Northcutt, only to now trade for a younger quick/deep threat who has trouble catching the ball in Williamson?

Jags fans ribbing aside, I'm intrigued if a team could develop Williamson further. That would be great if they could. I would have been very interested to see what the Colts could have done, but to be honest, I'm content with them picking up Courtney Roby who wasn't a fit with in Norm Chow's offense in Tennessee. I think they picked up a sleeper there.

Also, forget this noise about Williamson anyways. Mike Walker arrives this season, pls blv.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

They also drafted Derek "I'm going to throw the ball into the DB's hands" Hagan from ASU. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Right state, wrong team, TP. That would be the Miami Dolphins.

Comment

In his defense he has a very good work ethic the same things were said about Chris Carter at one time. "ALl he catches is TDS" but uhm Troy doesnt really do that either. he has to be active to do that. The guy runs like the wind and catches the football as though it were water the ball just seems to slide through his hands.

Comment

The Vikings should of traded him him for Jones then maybe hed a beat Jackson out at qb again.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Right state, wrong team, TP. That would be the Miami Dolphins.
                        I was thinking of Dirk Koetter for a second. Man, ASU is taking over Florida. Koetter at Jacksonville, Hagan in Miami, Jake the Snake at Tampa Bay (sort of). I would laugh if the Jags draft Sam Keller.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
                          The Vikings should of traded him him for Jones then maybe hed a beat Jackson out at qb again.
                          Confirmed, they can run the Wing T offense ftw.

Comment

I believe the rule of wrs is that you can work on their hands and develop their catching skills.

I also believe Troy Williamson is an exception to that rule.
                            Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                            Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                            Originally posted by Lions WMD
                            It's called Auto Fellatio!

Comment

I lol'ed. Nice job, rook.

Comment

Maybe they just want to look after MJD a bit more and use him as a kick returner. 1mill salary for a guy with his speed runningback kicks and maybe doing something as a receiver isn't THAT bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information