No announcement yet.

Jags to gets Viks Williamson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS MJD going to hand him the freaking ball. Cause he sure as hell isnt going to catch it.

Comment

Guys, let's not forget that it's not only his hands that suck, he can not adjust to the ball at all and lacks awareness. Hence balls bouncing off of his shoulder pads. Even with all the speed he had, he really didn't add much in terms of returning either. I was actually pretty excited when we drafted him and thought he would start to develop in a year or two, and even was happy that he was getting another chance this year.

For reasons said above, I'm ecstatic he's on his way out, and that we even managed to pick up a draft pick for him. I know the chances of a late 6th round pick (speculated) panning out isn't high, but there was no chance that Troy was going to turn things around in Minnesota. If he can somehow acquire body control to go with his blazing speed then he could be a very nice deep threat, until then he'll continue to disappoint and have fans wanting to hurt themselves. No more heart palpitations for when the ball is coming towards him or he's fielding a kick.

Last edited by S2TheEvo; 02-26-2008, 03:20 AM.

Comment

All in all, this is a solid move. 6th rounder that can upgrade a round? It's a worthy gamble for a team looking for speed. They'll get Mike Walker back, but how much he can help is unknown. I wouldn't be surprised if they still drafted a WR early.

But for a 6th rounder? Solid gamble, provided Troy still top speed.

Comment

well....the jaguars now have four former first round picks catching the ball or trying to at least...

Williams (9th overall)
          Williamson (7th overall)
          Matt Jones (22nd overall) '
          Marcedes Lewis (28th overall)

I pray to jesus we go WR in the first round again..............................not

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
            It's a second day pick.
            Which can be as high as a 3rd rounder now, and if its anything higher than a 5th than thats a pathetic trade for the Jaguars to make.
            HALL OF FAMER!
            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by S2TheEvo View Post
              This might be the greatest picture ever, I'm still laughin at it!!
              HALL OF FAMER!
              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                If his salary is low and he can be had for cheap I don't see why not. I think he has more potential than most players you can grab in round six or seven. Sometimes players just need a change in scenery.
                i agree. williamson still has potential he was a top 15 pick. maybe with some better coaching he can evolve.

Comment

this is an interesting move and it has alot of angles to be considered...

like stated above, the jags now have 4 former 1st rounders (2 top 10 picks) in their reciveing core, along with mike walker, dennis northcutt and ernest wilford (who i think is a FA anyways). So it isnt like there isnt talent there. that said, they are all extremely raw or are for some reason not living up to their potential. I think this is an interesting scenario and i wanna see how it plays out.

That said, Troy williamson is a ****ing tool lol. He doesnt adjust well when the ball is in the air, and i have personally seen at least 5 balls hit has facemask since he came into the leauge (to put it in perspecitve, i watch maybe 3 minnesota games a season). He has NO hands at all, little awareness, and i thought he was a terrible pick at #7 that year. Just think, they traded randy freaking moss for troy williamson and napoleon harris. Damn, the vikes have made some real bad personel decisions in recent history. Then they traded their star QB for ryan cook. huh...oh well anyways, i guess williamson has potential and this could work out well for the jags if they can develop him properly, although i doubt it. AS ERU stated though, it says second day pick which is all the way up to the 3rd round now, so Jags fans better hope this is like a 5th rounder.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid_Ego View Post
                    In his defense he has a very good work ethic the same things were said about Chris Carter at one time. "ALl he catches is TDS" but uhm Troy doesnt really do that either. he has to be active to do that. The guy runs like the wind and catches the football as though it were water the ball just seems to slide through his hands.
                    Does anyone realize that Troy Williamson is a walking talking football cliche? How many football movies include a superfast wide receiver who can't catch the football?

At what point is Scott Bakula or Keanu Reaves going to play QB for the Jaguars and throw a touchdown to a wide open Troy Williamson who manages to miraculously catch it while dramatic music is playing in the background? I want to know so I can tune in. Will Rob Schneider and John Madden be calling the game?

Comment

well...thats....interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        AS ERU stated though, it says second day pick which is all the way up to the 3rd round now, so Jags fans better hope this is like a 5th rounder.
                        I think I read somewhere it was a 6th round pick. Might just have been rumors though.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

For sure a 7th round pick.
                          Just watched it on ESPN.
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            Personally, I like this move...it means we don't have to use a first day pick or even a second day pick on a speedy unproven with no experience WR...he'll be competition in training camp and worst case scenario is he's the fourth or fifth WR on the depth chart...
                            4th or 5th on the depth chart, and then he'll get wide open on 3rd down or a well designed play, and completely whiff on a ball with nobody within 15 yards of him. Like I said, he's the ultimate drive killer and offensive cancer.

I don't think you guys understand just how bad he is. He is so uncoordinated and confused when trying to catch a ball, that you might actually be able to argue that he has down syndrome or mentally retardation. Balls have bounced off his chest, his face mask, the top of his helmet, his shoulder, etc. When he drops balls his arms or hands rarely make physical contact... that's how f'in far off he is.

Good luck! Have fun with him, that's all I'll say. Some of you will look back to this day when you lauded (however subtly) the Williamson trade in embarrassment.

I've never been happier to have a guy off the roster.
                            Last edited by swagger; 02-26-2008, 11:41 AM.
                            "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                            4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

For a 7th round pick? Worth a flier.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Well, for a 7th you can't go wrong. The question is, is Minnesota that disgusted with him that they were willing to let him go for a 7th?

Wow...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information