John Czarnecki Says Pats and Moss arent close to a Deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Czarnecki Says Pats and Moss arent close to a Deal

The Patriots and Randy Moss really aren't close to a new contract, although the Pats believe Moss will give them the option to match whatever deal he does receive on the open market. That makes sense because the clubs pursuing Moss will be limited because he wants to play for a contender. The most interesting rumor is Moss joining the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys can pay up, and wouldn't T.O. and Moss be interesting to watch, not to mention impossible to defend?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7837770/Talk-isn

John Czarnecki
    I doubt Moss would want to play for the Cowboys. Romo and T.O. and buddy buddies and T.O. would probably get the ball the majoirty of the time.

This should be quite interesting and I doubt the Pats will let him go without a fight.

If the Pats did not think they had a deal in had that was close to done if not done they would have tagged him IMO.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Moss and T.O.? Uh huh..

Comment

I'm sure New England is just being patient and doing their due dilligence. No way do they not sign Moss.

If they let him go, they will really regret it. It's a terrible adjustment for an offense to go from w/ Moss, to w/out. Even as great an offense the Pats are and as great a quarterback as Brady is. No way do they win the title while adjusting to no Moss.

This isn't Ty Law, Deion Branch or Lawyer Milloy. This is a guy who is the entire offensive gameplan, makes reads easier, makes the job easier on everyone around him, keeps DCs up at night, etc.
        "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
        4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

I still don't understand why they wouldn't have tagged him if they want to keep him.

Comment

Dallas would be so tough with Moss, TO, Glenn, Witten, and Barber plus whatever back they bring in. Romo would be the happiest man in the world and he wouldn't even need Jessica or Carrie

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Dallas would be so tough with Moss, TO, Glenn, Witten, and Barber plus whatever back they bring in. Romo would be the happiest man in the world and he wouldn't even need Jessica or Carrie
              I remember Moss saying he would never play with T.O. but people change their minds.
              Peyton Manning Fanboy
              Originally posted by Complex
              They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I can definitely see Moss yelling at Romo for not getting him the ball enough, and then T.O. coming between them and starts crying. That would be great TV.

Comment

I don't understand why New England did not apply the franchise tag to Randy Moss, regardless of whether or not they were close to a deal. Even if they were, why not do the same thing Indianapolis did with Dallas Clark? He was signed two days after being tagged to a long term deal.

It seems to me that New England is not committed to Randy Moss, as that has always been their modus operandi when dealing with players asking for a big payday. Given that four of the seven receivers on their 2007 roster are free agents (five if they've opted not to pick up Kelley Washington's roster bonus, I'm not sure), I don't believe they have the depth to run the same spread-type offense in 2008. Perhaps they feel Moss is replaceable at a lower price. His primary value, particularly in the playoffs, seemed to be to draw coverage to his side of the field to open up other receivers, and without the depth at receiver they had 2007, they may not feel he is worth what he is asking for.

As for Dallas, I'm sure Jerry Jones would like to sign Moss and will send an offer his way, but who knows if Moss would accept it? Moss and T.O. would be interesting to watch, and if both have matured a bit having realized they don't have much time left to win the SB, perhaps they can co-exist. But back when T.O. was a free agent after his incident on the Eagles, Moss wasn't particularly excited about the prospect of T.O. going to Oakland. But perhaps he's changed his mind since then.

Comment

I really, really thought Moss got tagged this year but it doesn't look as likely anymore. TO and Moss would be pretty ridiculous to watch, Romo might break Brady's record.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
                      #1 Randy Moss fan in NFLDC
                      Objection.
                      "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
                      4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                        I really, really thought Moss got tagged this year but it doesn't look as likely anymore. TO and Moss would be pretty ridiculous to watch, Romo might break Brady's record.
                        There is absolutely no chance anymore, the deadline was last Thursday.

Comment

Oh please, Moss to Dallas will never happen, its just going to be a rampant rumor because a few articles throw the name out, and all of a sudden it turns into "cowboys are looking to sign Moss"...

That would never work, you dont even need two wrs like to and moss, and its not like he's going to be dirt cheap like last off season, he's coming off one of the best statistical seasons ever, it would make alot more sense to just grab stallworth and keep the money.

I still dont see the Pats losing him, they go out and get all these wrs to win the super bowl, and it doesnt happen so they let them all walk? they cant let moss and stallworth go, randy seemed genuine in talking about his team, it will be a big circus in dallas if he even thinks about coming here.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He will not get out of New England. Zero chance. Zero. Fun to think about him as a Charger though. Oh man, Rivers and Moss...talk about the sparks flying. Undefendable with Gates, Chambers and LT around though. sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Oh please, Moss to Dallas will never happen, its just going to be a rampant rumor because a few articles throw the name out, and all of a sudden it turns into "cowboys are looking to sign Moss"...
                              Agree 100%. People said the same thing when Moss went to Oakland, that they should sign TO too. They just want the NFL to be like Madden. It's just "what if" thinking and it will never get past that.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information