No announcement yet.

Eliminate Place Kicking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually kinda like Skip for some reason, but it's an idiotic idea. However, it's not a new idea, I'm pretty sure he comments on at biweekly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

skip is a jackass

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Skip Bayless is a genius.

Why you ask?

Bc everytime he says something, it creates buzz. People watch him just to hear what he says. Regardless of how stupid it is. Smart guy.
        I wouldn't say he's a genius for that but he just really knows how to say the things that create buzz.

Comment

Field goals are just fine, but I would agree that extra points are completely worthless.

Comment

I don't like that overtime is basically first to kick a FG, but eliminating altogether is going to an extreme. It might be cool if they eliminated it in overtime, but I'd rather just see a non-sudden death style OT.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
              Anything that Skip Bayless says, the OPPOSITE is ALWAYS TRUE.
              Well, no one is ALWAYS wrong, but he comes as close to it as is possible.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Skip Bayless is a genius.

Why you ask?

Bc everytime he says something, it creates buzz. People watch him just to hear what he says. Regardless of how stupid it is. Smart guy.
                He has his own public format on ESPN. He could sit and play with his balls for an hour and sports fans would still talk about it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  He has his own public format on ESPN. He could sit and play with his balls for an hour and sports fans would still talk about it.
                  not to the same extent that they are now. do you see people buzzing online about what the PTI guys said? controversy sells, and Bayless is aware of that. i bet you even he doesn't believe half the crap that comes out of his mouth, but he says it just to create ratings.

this isn't the first skip bayless thread. i have yet to see a thread on what the PTI guys said. and this is just one sports website of thousands out there. mission accomplished for bayless. he gets people talking about him, and thats good for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                    I wouldn't say he's a genius for that but he just really knows how to say the things that create buzz.
                    Yeah, not a genius, i guess that was a bad choice of wording, but you get what im saying.

Comment

not to the same extent that they are now. do you see people buzzing online about what the PTI guys said? controversy sells, and Bayless is aware of that. i bet you even he doesn't believe half the crap that comes out of his mouth, but he says it just to create ratings.

this isn't the first skip bayless thread. i have yet to see a thread on what the PTI guys said. and this is just one sports website of thousands out there. mission accomplished for bayless. he gets people talking about him, and thats good for his career.
                      What PTI guys are we talking about? Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige are both very well known. So are Kornheiser and Wilbom. Bob Ryan. etc. etc. Guys like Tim Cowlishaw aren't going to get as much pub because 1) They aren't on TV nearly as much, 2) they are boring as hell.

It's one thing to be known. It's another thing to be known for being an idiot. I guess in the absence of having the ability to be known for anything else he's accomplished something, but I stick with Ben Franklin's motto of "it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open it and prove them correct".

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        What PTI guys are we talking about? Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige are both very well known. So are Kornheiser and Wilbom. Bob Ryan. etc. etc. Guys like Tim Cowlishaw aren't going to get as much pub because 1) They aren't on TV nearly as much, 2) they are boring as hell.

It's one thing to be known. It's another thing to be known for being an idiot. I guess in the absence of having the ability to be known for anything else he's accomplished something, but I stick with Ben Franklin's motto of "it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open it and prove them correct".
                        well, look at it this way. if youve been in the business as long as he has been, and never had the credibility that the other guys you mentioned has, then its a great move to create publicity for yourself by acting like a total idiot and having yourself discussed in the sports world because of it.

if he didn't act like a moron, he'd be just another sports guy. he's created a niche for himself, regardless of how people view him, the important thing is he has established an audience, something that every sportswriter/caster/etc wants for himself.

when youre in the entertainment business, its important to market yourself. Bayless markets himself in a way that makes himself stand out from everyone else. its a calculated move by him.

Comment

I just don't understand why he would make everyone think hes a complete idiot just so he can be famous. Doesn't seem worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            I just don't understand why he would make everyone think hes a complete idiot just so he can be famous. Doesn't seem worth it.
                            its not just to be famous. its about money.

Look at Bill O'Reilly. Controversy sells, and makes money.

Comment

The Cardinals would be much happier without it

Comment

How many people actually care who Skip is? How many people have actually watch whatever lame show he is on now?

He creates little to no buzz throughout the sporting community, it just so happens someone brought it up here.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information