• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awfullyquiet
    started a topic Eliminate Place Kicking

Eliminate Place Kicking

Laces-Out Dan:

So. I was watching ESPN, and Skip Bayless went on a 10 second discourse on how place-kicking in football is useless, and should be eliminated.

Discuss.

(yes, i understand it is skip bayless. but still.)

• DawgBone
    replied
    Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
    Why the heck did you bump this month old post :D
    I dont want to see it die. Any chance you get to take a shot at Tom Brady, you do it!
    Last edited by DawgBone; 03-25-2008, 09:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pacific
    replied
    Originally posted by The Legend View Post
    what team was that had all them toss around on the final play of the game
    then they miss the place kick
    I think you're thinking of the Jags and Saints. Saints did all those crazy laterals and then Carney missed the PAT. 2003 I think.

Leave a comment:

• skinzzfan25
    replied
    Why the heck did you bump this month old post :D

Leave a comment:

• DawgBone
    replied
    Without FG kickers Tom Brady would have how many rings?

Leave a comment:

• Patriots16-0
    replied
    We can eliminate punting (I would love to see Peyton Manning getting intercepted in a 4th to 19), but the kicker is one of the most important positions in football and it would take 20% of football emotion out.

Leave a comment:

• ny10804
    replied
    I just turn the channel whenever I hear him speaking. I feel uncomfortable even posting this, because if people just didn't acknowledge him, he would go away.

Leave a comment:

• The Legend
    replied
    what team was that had all them toss around on the final play of the game
    then they miss the place kick

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxV View Post
    Anything that Skip Bayless says, the OPPOSITE is ALWAYS TRUE.
    Very True sir, Very True.

Leave a comment:

• Kurve
    replied
    i think skip just comes up with stuff to have an argument i truely dont see him believing in half the things he says

Leave a comment:

• DaBears9654
    replied
    To use the favorite insult of one of my old university instructors*, Skip Brainless is a tool.

* - she doesn't have a Ph.D. -- or @ least not @ the time -- and therefore couldn't be called a "professor"
    Last edited by DaBears9654; 03-27-2008, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    What PTI guys are we talking about? Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige are both very well known. So are Kornheiser and Wilbom. Bob Ryan. etc. etc. Guys like Tim Cowlishaw aren't going to get as much pub because 1) They aren't on TV nearly as much, 2) they are boring as hell.

It's one thing to be known. It's another thing to be known for being an idiot. I guess in the absence of having the ability to be known for anything else he's accomplished something, but I stick with Ben Franklin's motto of "it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot than to open it and prove them correct".

Yea I agree, I know guys like Michael A Smith because he's on point with his stuff and has a good personality, same for Mariotti...Bayless gets talked about but I dont see any advantage to it, if you take pride in what you do I dont know what you would want to be known for an idiot...I watch 1st and 10 because I like the show and its format, still disagree wth everything bayless ever say and dont know how he keeps his job.

Leave a comment:

• PackerLegend
    replied
    Place kicking is apart of football you cant take it out. Skip is a moron and I when I see his jaw flapping I know its just a bunch of garbage coming out.

Leave a comment:

• ShutDwn
    replied
    How many people actually care who Skip is? How many people have actually watch whatever lame show he is on now?

He creates little to no buzz throughout the sporting community, it just so happens someone brought it up here.

Leave a comment:

• fenikz
    replied
    The Cardinals would be much happier without it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information