No announcement yet.

Marion Barber and undisclosed draft pick(s) to Miami for #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will make or break DMac in the NFL is if he'll be able to run between the tackles at that level. I don't care how fast he is, he can't expect to be an All Pro back in the NFL by bouncing it outside all the time. If he flops like Bush between the tackles, he's going to disappoint.

But we don't know that yet. People didn't know Peterson could catch until he did it. Same with DMac. We won't know until he does it.

One thing's for sure, to me, he's no AD. But that doesn't mean he can't be good.

Comment

• Eric Dickerson is who comes to mind when I watch him play, they are eerily similiar in running styles...But I agree he's no AD I dont care what his combine numbers are.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I dont think there are any RBs in the game today like him. He doesnt have a fourth of the moves Reggie Bush did. He isnt able to shrug off arm tackles like they were nothing like Adrian Peterson does. I dont think Eric Dickerson is a good comparison either, because Dickerson = Peterson.

He is like a cannon ball out of a cannon. He explodes through holes like no other. If there is a tiny gap open and a linebacker slow to get there, he is gone. He gains to much steam, there arent many guys who will be able to stop him.

But if he doesnt have that cannon shot, I think he is your average running back. Decent plethora of moves, but nothing Norwood esque. Decent power, but will have troubles pushing piles and will have trouble with arm tackles. He does have a beastly stiff arm though. He could probably stiff arm a guy halfway across the field.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• This is a terrible idea for both teams. Neither team can get value out of this trade. No matter which way you spin this or what picks are involved the value for either team is simply not going to be there.

The Dolphins would be happy with a value of near enough to the 1st overall because of the complexities and difficulty of trading down particularly in this draft. However, the Cowboys with the position they are in can only offer that kind of value by mortgaging too much of their draft picks in 1 player who I believe might not even be as good as the one they are supposedly giving up.

I personally don't see this happening. Although the rumour of a trade with any kind of compensation (Picks or players) is still lingering and I don't see an alterior motive for either team at this point to keep the rumour alive so it seemingly has merit imo.

Comment

• 2 1st this year, 1st next year and spears works for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
              2 1st this year, 1st next year and spears works for me
              **** that...
              Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• LOL, yeah. That offer is no better than the orginal rumored deal with MBIII.

Comment

• DMC = Robert Smith

Comment

• if I am the Cowboys I make this trade and then select Jake Long.

Marion Barber is not worth #1 overall value. Only issue I see is that McFadden isn't either.

Comment

• Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
                      if I am the Cowboys I make this trade and then select Jake Long.

Marion Barber is not worth #1 overall value. Only issue I see is that McFadden isn't either.
                      We just signed Flozell to long term deal, and Colombo is pretty much entrenched at the RT spot. So what's the point? Though I do like Long a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
                        if I am the Cowboys I make this trade and then select Jake Long.

Then what would you do at running back? After trading Barber, and Jones leaving via FA, you'd feel comfortable with Tyson Thompson?

Comment

• Why wouldn't the Fins just take McFadden or trade down and get Mendenhall or someone
                          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information