No announcement yet.

Marion Barber and undisclosed draft pick(s) to Miami for #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the hell does Dallas seem so quick to trade away Marion Barber? Dude's a stud. He's a TD machine and breaks for some ridiculous runs. He's one of the best running backs in the NFL, top 5 in my opinion (YPC and TD's are the two most important stats I look at). That's just statistically too...athletically he's an absolute freak, check out his combine/pro day numbers: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=10215

I guess it depends on what the undisclosed picks are, but personally, if I'm Jerry Jones...I don't trade Barber for McFadden straight up let alone with other picks...
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
      How much do you guys think Marion Barber is worth? Draft pick wise.
      I would think late 1st to a 2nd. He has shown that he is a good RB, but in a 2back system. Pairing him w/ Ronnie Brown could be scary good, but I think a 2nd would sound right.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Barber is not worth 2 first rounders. If you believe that, then any logical discussion with you in this thread is over.
        Logic flew out the door the moment Barber and 2 first rounders for McFadden became an actual discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Cowboys fans will appreciate Barber even more then because McFadden has never gotten a tough yard in his college career.
          Ive told every cowboy fan they will realize how much Barber meant to this team as soon as he is gone, the first time McFadden misses a blitz pickup, or gets hurt, or when we see him running wild for Miami...He did all the little things on our offense that are hard to replace, and we STILL need another rb behind DMac, so how do we fill that role and get a corner?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I said that it would happen. Nobody believed me...

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
            1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
            2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
            3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
            3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
            4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
            5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
            6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
            7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
              It still hasn't happened. And who's nobody? You're still part of the large flock of people who invest in this rumor. A lot of people think this will happen. It's not like you're out on a ledge by yourself.

Comment

If this means there's a better chance Chris Long is still on the board at #4 I'm all for it!

Comment

As a Giant fan, I hope this trade happens honestly. McFadden, Im not completely sold on him honestly. But more importantly, a trade like this would mean Dallas doesn't address its actual needs like CB or SS. It also means they might have to let go some key FA guys that they haven't resigned yet.

Either way, that would make me a happy camper. DMac doesn't mean jack when we can still spread them out and pick on Roy Williams and Reeves all day. Unless DMac is playing CB or SS i'll be happy if this trade goes down.

Comment

If Adrian Peterson didnt have Chester Taylor his transition wouldnt of been as easy, and the Vikings would of gone through hell if he got hurt without Taylor there, I cant see why JJ would take a super bowl team into the season with just a rookie rb on the team and rely on him to stay healthy every game and pretty much carry this team.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
                      what did u say would happen? If you are referring to Miami trading the #1, then your actually in the majority. That Dallas is interested in McFadden? Tell me something that i dont know.

You also realize that the trade hasn't gone through yet right?

so in reality, you were probably never alone on anything even closely related to this thread.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Jerry Jones has a huge boner for Darren McFadden. Jones has been talking about getting a homerun threat for his offense and this is what McFadden is. Jones left the combine after McFadden ran with the biggest smile on his face. I think the #1 pick is already there's and that McFadden will soon be a cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          If Adrian Peterson didnt have Chester Taylor his transition wouldnt of been as easy, and the Vikings would of gone through hell if he got hurt without Taylor there, I cant see why JJ would take a super bowl team into the season with just a rookie rb on the team and rely on him to stay healthy every game and pretty much carry this team.
                          If AD didn't have two of the best offensive lineman to block for him, he wouldn't have had the season he had.

Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I really can't see this happening I know Jerry Jones has a big ego but come on, hey if it happens that great for the rest of the NFC east.

Barber is worth a first round pick so there that and probably the last first round pick, to let the Phins pick in the first round at least, and then maybe a third or fourth round pick. If not the third or fourth round pick maybe a second for next year.

Anyone think the Dolphins pick McFadden and trade him like San Diego did with Eli Manning, and Vick. The Eli Manning trade got them some pretty good players Rivers, Merriman. Vick trade got them L.T. and Brees. Maybe Phins go that road.

Comment

I don't think Jerry is that stupid to give up more than marion barber, two draft picks, and another early draft pick.

If I were to logically value this out through the NFL pick value chart, I'd do it like this.

Marion Barber (1100) I think thats a little generous but i do think he is a great player and maybe worth more than the 14th overal pick.

Pick 22 (850), Pick 28 (700), and here with Bobby Carpenter probably worth a 2nd rounder. He is still young, but I really don't see much production at all from him. People say that he doesn't fit the Cowboy's defense well, but i wouldn't know. He is a Parcells's guy. I had him in a trade to Dolphins for first overall pick similar to what i said, but I gave Cowboys Jason Allen to the cowboys.

At the very least from the #1 overall pick, I think the Cowboys would have to give up Bobby Carpenter, Marion Barber, #22 overall pick, 2nd rounder, and third rounder.
                              Last edited by BaLLiN; 02-26-2008, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I don't see why this rumor has re-emerged since it seems very improbable that either Miami or St. Louis draft McFadden. It would seem much more prudent to wait until #3-7 and then trade up to draft him, if it is a priority to draft him. But if you already have a Pro Bowl running back, why would you spend so much draft value on McFadden? The talent of Barber and McFadden both demand so many touches a game, and if either he or Barber are getting that many, then the other isn't, and his talent is being wasted. It's overkill.

And that doesn't even factor in the difference in salary were McFadden drafted #1 or #7. But drafting him period is imprudent, and giving up Barber in order to draft him is even moreso. Their needs are better served by picking up another back later in the draft.
                                Last edited by Starkar Mace; 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information