No announcement yet.

No Salary Cap in 2011?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really doubt it would "wipe out" teams. People think that this is going to be like baseball. Any NFL team is already infineltey more popular that the Rays, Nats, and Marlins. And its easier to be competitive in the NFL than the MLB.

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
      And why???? Because it wouldnt be a fair playing field. Winning a superbowl with a cap would be alot harder then winning without one for the rich teams. Therefore if you win with the salary cap your team deserves alot of credit and respect. Part of the reason the NFL is better then alot of other sports is because of the salary cap which gives an even playing field.
      So what do you think about football before 1994 when there was no salary cap?
      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
        Really? You think it's a good idea that the number one overall pick is automatically the highest paid player? You're kidding, right? The NBA got the salary cap right.
        No, a combination of the NBA's slotting system and the NFL's hard cap would be right, and there are circles of the NFL where that's being discussed.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

having the cap is what makes the NFL the best sport on the plant. it makes it more fair and makes it an equal playing field. if this happens then after awhile the NFL will loose out and owners also because they will lose fans because it will be just like the other sports , the one that spends the most wins and it will be the same teams over and over .

Matthew 19:26
          Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
            So what do you think about football before 1994 when there was no salary cap?
            Prior to 1989 there was No free-agency so no cap wasn't a big deal if your team were good drafters (Steelers, Packers).

However, to have NO CAP and FREE AGENCY... would spell disaster for small market teams.

Boston, New York, Miami, Dallas would probably be the front runners in free agency.

Pitt, Green Bay.. etc. would not be able to compete openly to retain their players.

You want to get rid of Free Agency? Then I have no qualms about killing the cap.

And Vice Versa.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
              No, a combination of the NBA's slotting system and the NFL's hard cap would be right, and there are circles of the NFL where that's being discussed.
              Yeah. I agree.

Having a top 5 pick is about getting a better player to build your team around. Not strapping your entire cap to 1 make or break player.

I mean.. I think:

Day 1 Contracts: 5 years slotted prices
              Day 2: rd 3, 3-4 years, rds 4-5, 2-3 years.. 6-7, 1-2 years.

Slotting the price will keep everything in check.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information