• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Farve is 100% in first ballot..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      Just remember this when thinking about first ballot: Cris Carter did not get in on his first ballot. I think that just says how hard it is to get in on the first ballot if you are not a QB or RB. That is why Manning, Favre, Brady and LDT are all guaranteed first ballot, but the others are up in the air.
      thats a good point. First ballot HOF's are hard to predict and have to be elite of all elite and high profile players.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
        The better question is who should be a first ballot HOF but will have to wait a few years?

I'm going to say Randy Moss I think he gets the Michael Irvin treatment?
        if that happens to anyone, it will be Terrell Owens. i can see one of the elite Left Tackles getting snubbed.

Comment

Probably not first ballot, unless he continues the way he has for a couple more years.

Comment

the more i think about it, its so hard making first ballot HOF as a defender. theres probably twice as many first ballot offensive HOFers as there is defensive.

Comment

I wonder how much winning a superbowl factors in...

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                I wonder how much winning a superbowl factors in...
                Look at Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman. It factors in immensely.

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I'm not sure if TO and Moss get in first ballot, if their attitudes hurt them with the voters. Heck, Irvin and Carter didn't get in first ballot, the Hall is strange/strict when it comes to receivers.

Also, I'm not sure about Pace and Jones getting in first ballot, but they'll get in the Hall. Ogden probably will be first ballot, Willie Roaf definitely should.

Edge won't get in first ballot, but he'll get in. Especially after he continues his career for a few more years, showcasing his all-purpose ability and longevity some more, and further improving his career stats.
                  Last edited by Geo; 02-28-2008, 12:09 PM.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                    Look at Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman. It factors in immensely.
                    Well yeah for them, because they won 3. But I guess more specifically how does 1 factor in VS not. Yeah guys who have won multiple ones have it golden, but how much more of a push does 1 superbowl give you I guess I am asking?

Comment

Alot will factor on when these guys retire, those so many deserving players that if they are all up for instatement at the same time it will be tough. It will be interesting to see how some of the good (but not great) players fare, as in this era their stats will be pumped up more than players of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post

Probably not first ballot, unless he continues the way he has for a couple more years.
                        I think Johnson is still a long ways from getting in.

I would have Moss, Harrison, Holt and Owens ahead him (and in the Hall).

I think Ogden and Pace should be first ballot guys but I'm not sure that either will. Pace was the most dominant tackle I've ever seen during the stretch of the early 2000s. Ogden sustained a level of dominance that was amazing.

Comment

i think superbowls definitely plays a factor in it. in particular, for guys on the cusp statistically, superbowls tend to get them over the hump.

as for Moss and TO, i think theyll be first ballot because their stats will just be too hard to ignore. Irvin got snubbed, but remember, he also had a shortened career so some probably felt his statistics weren't good enough to get in first ballot.

I don't see that being a problem for TO or Moss. I can see TO getting snubbed if he goes back to his old routine, but that remains to be seen.

Comment

I agree with you there, Roaf and Pace imo are the best left tackles of their era. I don't know what it is about Ogden that he gets overrated as he does, and in the case for Jones, playing in Seattle hurts him.

If Tarik Glenn had played a few more years and won two more championships, he'd have been strongly considered. As it is, he was part of this era's best offense over a sustained period of time.

You're being kind, BBD. Voters won't forget that Moss can dog it when the ball isn't coming to him, and that he completely and utterly dogged it when he was in Oakland.
                            Last edited by Geo; 02-28-2008, 12:31 PM.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post

I doubt Chad Johnson will ever get in the hall of fame. To say first ballot is just crazy.

Comment

Michael Strahan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information