1st Ballot HOF Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Ballot HOF Players

who do you think are first ballot HOF players in the NFL right now? im bored and was thinking about this just now.

Michael Strahan
    Ray Lewis
    Warren Sapp
    Derrick Brooks
    Brian Dawkins

Maybe Jason Taylor and Champ Bailey?

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Brett Favre
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss
    Tony Gonzalez
    Marvin Harrison
    Orlando Pace
    LDT
    Jonathan Ogden
    Walter Jones

Maybe Kevin Mawae?

Am I forgetting any others? Remember this is first ballot HOF, and we're talking about guys who already have the credentials to get in first ballot. No projecting, like saying Shawne Merriman or Calvin Johnson etc.

Manning
    Brady
    Tomlinson
    Favre
    Seau
    Strahan
    Gonzalez
    Gates
    Taylor
    Ray Ray
    Marvin Harrison
    Rodney Harrison
    Odgen
    Vinetari
    Brooks
    Last edited by Thunder&Lightning; 02-28-2008, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
      All seem good to me forgot Ladainian Tomlinson
      I have him there, I put LDT bc i was lazy lol.

Its odd that he's the only RB that comes to mind.

Comment

I agree that most are HOF players just don't know how many will be 1st ballot?

Comment

Manning
          Brady
          Tomlinson
          Favre
          Seau
          Strahan
          Gonzalez
          Gates
          Taylor
          Ray Ray
          Harrison
          Rodney Harrison
          Odgen
          Vinetari
          Brooks
          i think youre projecting with Gates, he's not there yet. Seau is not first ballot. He might get in eventually, but definitely not first ballot. Harrison, I don't think he gets in. Vinetari makes a case for himself to get in, but definitely not first ballot.

And who's Taylor?

Comment

jason taylor*

true i probably should have thought more about 1st ballot not just getting in.

Comment

I know he didn't play last year but I'm going to say Will Shields if he is not first ballot then I don't know who is.

Comment

jason taylor*
                he's a tough one, ill root for him, but im not sure if he will be. if he can get up to say 140 sacks by the end of his career he should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  I know he didn't play last year but I'm going to say Will Shields if he is not first ballot then I don't know who is.
                  yeah Willie Shields and Larry Allen are should be first ballot, i didn't include them bc theyre not in the league anymore.

Comment

you think urlacher could?

Comment

Just remember this when thinking about first ballot: Cris Carter did not get in on his first ballot. I think that just says how hard it is to get in on the first ballot if you are not a QB or RB. That is why Manning, Favre, Brady and LDT are all guaranteed first ballot, but the others are up in the air.

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

The better question is who should be a first ballot HOF but will have to wait a few years?

I'm going to say Randy Moss I think he gets the Michael Irvin treatment?

Comment

you think urlacher could?
                          depends on how he finishes his career. his prime wasn't as spectacular as Lewis's was, and I expect his dropoff later on to be worse than Ray's. so it depends on how he finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                            Just remember this when thinking about first ballot: Cris Carter did not get in on his first ballot. I think that just says how hard it is to get in on the first ballot if you are not a QB or RB. That is why Manning, Favre, Brady and LDT are all guaranteed first ballot, but the others are up in the air.
                            i think strahan, ray lewis, derrick brooks and warren sapp are shoe ins to be first ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                              The better question is who should be a first ballot HOF but will have to wait a few years?

I'm going to say Randy Moss I think he gets the Michael Irvin treatment?
                              Well, the Michael Irvin treatment was that he didn't deserve to be in the HOF. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information