No announcement yet.

Player signs largest contract for a DT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think Kelly's value is similar to Isaac Sopoaga's who SF just signed for 5 years ~20 million....

Comment

Is this a joke? Are the Raiders ********? Correct me if i'm wrong, but Tommy Kelly isn't anything special out there is he? From my perspective this is just stupidity. I could care less about the Raiders, but the price tag of DTs all over the league just went up as this will be a measuring stick for future signings.

Seriously, Tommy Kelly? Something has to be wrong, what is the structure of the deal.....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

This is going to happen more than you think. Granted this one is particularly ridiculous, but Andre Davis just got a contract with 8 million up front. Andre Davis, for those wondering, is a marginal receiver/kick returner that was previously cut by three diferent teams.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
          There has to be bunch of incentives in this. Wonder how much is guaranteed.
          $18.125 million in guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Al Davis is off his freaking rocker.
            I have been joking about it for a few years but now it really seems true.

Comment

I think people may be overreacting. Contract sizes are going to be larger due to the new(er) CBA, and they grow higher every year. I'm not saying that he deserved his contract, but I think the perspective here is marred by the past.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

do u think he deserves that money?? you must be downplaying it in your mind. You do not give an average player that type of money. Take into consideration other recent contracts and it is just that more out of whack. I realize contracts are growing, but this just isn't correct regardless

You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                  I think people may be overreacting. Contract sizes are going to be larger due to the new(er) CBA, and they grow higher every year. I'm not saying that he deserved his contract, but I think the perspective here is marred by the past.
                  I understand that but Tommy Kelly being the highest paid DT come on Tommy Kelly he is not even the best DT in the AFC West let alone the NFL.

Comment

You guys are over-reacting. People said the same thing when Nate Clements got paid last year. Kelly will be lucky to see half of that money. He is a really good DT and his versatility [he can play DE as well] is nice to have. I think this figure is a bit high for his value, but I think it is more just a sign of the times than anything else. Let the FA spending spree begin!!

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

That is a lot of money for an average player.
                      Kelly made out like a bandit here.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

well, if people are going to downplay the stupidity here that's fine, i'll leave it as i'm sure happy that the Jets didn't make such an offer. Getting our NT won't be cheap and this certainly doesn't help.

Comment

Like I said, I think it is a bit much for Kelly, but once we see how much guys are signing for this year I highly doubt we'll look back at this as one of the worst signings. Unless of course he bombs out....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                            You guys are over-reacting. People said the same thing when Nate Clements got paid last year. Kelly will be lucky to see half of that money. He is a really good DT and his versatility [he can play DE as well] is nice to have. I think this figure is a bit high for his value, but I think it is more just a sign of the times than anything else. Let the FA spending spree begin!!
                            Nate Clements is a great CB AND he wasn't made the highest paid CB in the league....that still goes to champ.

Comment

Like I said, I think it is a bit much for Kelly, but once we see how much guys are signing for this year I highly doubt we'll look back at this as one of the worst signings. Unless of course he bombs out....
                              Isaac Sopoaga just signed a deal for 5 years ~$20 million.

Comment

Well, over 18M is guaranteed, so he'll see that no matter what.

And I believe from that ESPN article, it said that he'll get $25M or so in the first three years.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information