No announcement yet.

Player signs largest contract for a DT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isnt he coming off a torn ACL too? avg dt dont agree with this move...

Comment

I still expect the Raiders to draft Sed Ellis if he is there. That is if DMAC isn't there.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Raiders are dysfunctional. Its about to be March and we still don't even know if Lane Kiffin is going to return as Head Coach. This Tommy Kelly singing is a message to players around the league and the rookies coming into the draft...

Raiders may be dysfunctional but you don't have to worry about getting paid.
        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
          All the other DT'S just got alot richer when there contract is up.
          No, it didn't. It's $1.5M more guaranteed and $1M more in total value than Redding's a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
            wonder how much haynesworth is going to want :/
            The same as he did before this signing - see my post above.

Comment

Corey Redding is a better player.

Tommie Harris is going to get something similar to Dwight Freeney's contract. 30 million to sign, maybe more after this.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                I think people may be overreacting. Contract sizes are going to be larger due to the new(er) CBA, and they grow higher every year. I'm not saying that he deserved his contract, but I think the perspective here is marred by the past.
                Agreed. The Lions and Redding set the standard last year. This is now the standard for average young DT's thanks to them, the Raiders are just doing what's necessary to keep a good player.

Redding and Kelly are pretty much the only two significant DT's to get a new deal since the new CBA, right? Harris, Haynesworth etc will all command deals that put this one back into perspective. It's just how the league works. It's all relative. You've just got to understand contract levels respective to playing talent are changing (increasing) all the time. If a top level DT wants X% more than a lower level DT, the raw $ value isn't really relevant when discussing who is and isn't overpaid.

I don't think it means they don't go DT at #4, either.
                Last edited by OzTitan; 02-28-2008, 11:31 PM.

Comment

at least I had heard of cory redding b4 he signed a ridiculous contract

Comment

Well, you're a Bear fan, your team plays the Lions twice a season. I actually hadn't heard of Redding being anything but a stop gap player myself when he signed, but I've known Kelly for a while.

Comment

The salary cap went up a ridiculous amount last year due to the new TV contracts and as the veterans become FA's, they are going to be playing catch up. If you think your team has an immense amount of money in salary cap space and will be signing a ton of FA's, forget it, most of the cap space will be tied up resigning veterans. Teams that don't have a lot of cap space could lose a lot of veterans to FA or see their team make deep roster cuts to find the money to retain their own significant FA's.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

See location.

Comment

word is is that Oakland is now the laughing stock of the league for dishing out 50 mil to a DT that has 13 sacks in his entire career...

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                            See location.
                            nice username change :)

also i thought you were retired

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                              word is is that Oakland is now the laughing stock of the league for dishing out 50 mil to a DT that has 13 sacks in his entire career...
                              It can only get better when you sign Kwame Harris.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

yea, perhaps Oakland should try combining the two players together...they may get a semi-productive player in return...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information