No announcement yet.

Corey Williams To Cleveland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather see him tried at NT first. I think we've gotten so stuck on the idea that a 3-4 NT has to fit certain parameters. What is Corey right now anyways? 320 right? That's more than fine. I like his hand use and power, leg drive, pad level, and ability to stack. I like his quickness as well for the nose position. We're so stuck on the idea that the nose should just occupy. I want the nose to be able to contain, leverage, drive, and push (preferably explode). Granted, it's hard to find someone that can do it all, and within a short span.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good 3-4 end. He could be an excellent 3-4 end. He has the arm length that I like, and the above attributes hold well for 3-4 ends as well. But top 3-4 NT's are hard to find, and I think Corey has all the attributes to be able to be a top 3-4 NT. I would at least try him there before fully putting him at 3-4 end, but that's me.

Comment

So the Browns won't have a pick on Day 1. That's no fun. :D

Comment

http://footballgab.com/?p=7459

Found this on another board. Don't know what to think about it. I know it isn't pertaining to Corey Williams or the Browns, just didn't feel this deserved its own topic haha.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

I really don't see how he could possibly play as a NT in a 3-4. He's much more effective as a 4-3 UT.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            So the Browns won't have a pick on Day 1. That's no fun. :D
            IMO, it's a foregone conclusion DA is gone. That, of course, means a 1st and 3rd if we choose to let him sign elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
              http://footballgab.com/?p=7459

Found this on another board. Don't know what to think about it. I know it isn't pertaining to Corey Williams or the Browns, just didn't feel this deserved its own topic haha.
              If the Saints could land Shockey, that'd be huge. That said, I expect the Giants would ask for a lot more than the Saints are probably willing. Just a guess, though.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Meanwhile the Bears get a big bag of air for Berrian.

*Sigh*

What are you doing Jerry?
                http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bear28.article

It's unknown how much room the Bears have to improve that offer for Berrian, who is expected to be courted by the Minnesota Vikings. It's also unclear whether Berrian and agent Drew Rosenhaus will be able to get another team -- the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers also are thought to be interested -- to meet his asking price, which probably would require a signing bonus of more than $12 million.
                I like Berrian, but i don't know if its wise to pay him that much.

Comment

Originally posted by 757Dawg View Post
                  IMO, it's a foregone conclusion DA is gone. That, of course, means a 1st and 3rd if we choose to let him sign elsewhere.
                  I'm just not sure who's going to make this move? The Bears? Nah. The Dolphins rumors? That just seems odd ... and it depends on them getting the trade with Dallas first (based on those rumors). Fins have a lot more needs.
                  Vikings? Perhaps ... they have an extra third, or they could compromise.

Then again, if we knew all, there'd be no surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                    If the Saints could land Shockey, that'd be huge. That said, I expect the Giants would ask for a lot more than the Saints are probably willing. Just a guess, though.
                    You think so considering how much both parties hate each other? I bet Eli wouldn't miss him a bit haha.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      and a fantastic decision by Ted Thompson of the Packers to franchise Williams.
                      One of many. I'm telling you the man is already a top five GM in the NFL... I said Williams was trade bait from the day he was franchised.

Here's more on it. I think it's more of a rumor as thus far, but will likely happen. Way to keep him outta the NFC Teddy! http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=364602

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Value is value. I can't see Reese selling low. But who knows. My guess would be a 2nd rounder would be what he wants (I'm guessing Vilma might cost the third).

we'll know soon enough.

Comment

I hate having a conversation in two different threads, I wish I saw this one first.
                          Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                          I'd rather see him tried at NT first. I think we've gotten so stuck on the idea that a 3-4 NT has to fit certain parameters. What is Corey right now anyways? 320 right? That's more than fine. I like his hand use and power, leg drive, pad level, and ability to stack. I like his quickness as well for the nose position. We're so stuck on the idea that the nose should just occupy. I want the nose to be able to contain, leverage, drive, and push (preferably explode). Granted, it's hard to find someone that can do it all, and within a short span.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good 3-4 end. He could be an excellent 3-4 end. He has the arm length that I like, and the above attributes hold well for 3-4 ends as well. But top 3-4 NT's are hard to find, and I think Corey has all the attributes to be able to be a top 3-4 NT. I would at least try him there before fully putting him at 3-4 end, but that's me.
                          Anyway, like I said in the FA thread I think Williams is a great fit in a 3-4. I've been thinking for a while now that he'd be a good 3-4 DE. You bring up an interesting point for NT, which could be a possibility I guess. I'm sure Romeo Crennel and his staff will make it an easy transition for Williams to his new position, whatever it ends up being.

I like the trade for both sides. Cleveland gets a proven player (even if it's not in that scheme) who's better than any DL that'd be available to them at their pick. Green Bay gets another second for a player who while a good contributor to our defense is expandable with Pickett, Jolly, Harrell, and Cole on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                            I think 51's point is that they should have franchised Berrian for 08, to either keep him for a year, still sign him long-term, or trade him away for a 2nd/3rd round pick if another team was willing.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                              [U][COLOR=#a9a9a9][URL]

Correct me if I'm wrong BF51. But 49erfan, I'm pretty sure he was referring to Jerry's not franchising and then trading Berrian?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                I think 51's point is that they should have franchised Berrian for 08, to either keep him for a year, still sign him long-term, or trade him away for a 2nd/3rd round pick if another team was willing.
                                Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                                Correct me if I'm wrong BF51. But 49erfan, I'm pretty sure he was referring to Jerry's not franchising and then trading Berrian?
                                Ah, i misread it. Sorry, my mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information