No announcement yet.

Vilma to the Saints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay well this is horrible news (i think). Hopefully we can send DRob somewhere for picks/true NT.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      This is the same medical staff was had enough faith in Drew Brees while the Dolphins passed on him because of his shoulder injury...
      Ah Thank You!

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

This is the same medical staff was had enough faith in Drew Brees while the Dolphins passed on him because of his shoulder injury...
        then they aren't credible, but its not out of the question to think that he has a bad knee that could be reinjured and end his career.

Comment

And it isn't out of the question that it can be fully repaired and return to be a Pro Bowler.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

I heard it was for a conditional 4th in 2009. Can someone confirm?

VILMA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
              then they aren't credible, but its not out of the question to think that he has a bad knee that could be reinjured and end his career.
              That's the risk we took if the deal is true. Could you imagine if Drew Brees' shoulder didn't heal properly two season ago? We put our FRANCHISE in his shoulder's health and instead of taking Matt Leinart at #3, we signed Drew Brees instead. I bet the Dolphins are KICKING themselves over that one. Hell, Brees wanted to go to MIA over NO, but they passed and we came him a chance.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                And it isn't out of the question that it can be fully repaired and return to be a Pro Bowler.
                Definately not fully repaired, not after an injury and surgery like that.

But there is a good possibility that he could be a good player even with the injury, and i hope so, because i really like Vilma.

Comment

A Jets nation, (and most notably those with user names similar to mine), mourns...

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                    Okay well this is horrible news (i think). Hopefully we can send DRob somewhere for picks/true NT.
                    It'll be good news bud, he wouldn't have stayed with us after this year, atleast we have the potential of getting a second round pick (if that's true). If we can trade our 3rd rounder that we have now for jenkins than it's already a great offseason. I would imagine we'd look to trade drob too, but one step at a time.

Bottom line is, it's good that we got something from him instead of having him walk and get nothing. A 3rd seems to be the highest, but the fact it's conditional could validate his good play.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Haha...why is a 2009 pick nothing? Is the NFL going to shut down next year?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Definately not fully repaired, not after an injury and surgery like that.
                        Bone chip removal is one of the least invasive knee surgeries you can have besides a regular scope. I'm not sure if everyone just read off somewhere that it was major knee surgery or if they went and did research on it, but being in the medical field i can tell you it's nothing near as dangerous as a microfracture surgery and to see him come back 100% this year is not at all out of the question.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                          Bone chip removal is one of the least invasive knee surgeries you can have besides a regular scope. I'm not sure if everyone just read off somewhere that it was major knee surgery or if they went and did research on it, but being in the medical field i can tell you it's nothing near as dangerous as a microfracture surgery and to see him come back 100% this year is not at all out of the question.
                          I hope he can come back 100% but i just can't see it happening.

Comment

I hope he can come back 100% but i just can't see it happening.
                            And, why's that?
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

It could go either way. Some people recover just fine from bone chip removal. But on the other end, I know someone that had bone chips removed from their elbow and it was never the same. So who knows. I'd bet that he'll recover perfectly though.
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

And, why's that?
                                If its that bad, thats why the jets are giving him away, and for not as much. Its not just because of David Harris.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information