X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Nasty Man
    started a topic Vilma to the Saints

Vilma to the Saints

I was checking www.nfl.com and my eyes came upon this information....

Saints nearing Vilma
    Posted by Jimmy Smith, The Times-Picayune February 28, 2008 7:51PM
    Categories: Saints
    The Saints are close to finalizing a deal that will bring middle linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the team in a trade with the New York Jets, league sources said.

The deal could be announced as early as later Thursday night or sometime on Friday.

Vilma, 6 foot 1, 230 pounds, is a four-year NFL veteran.

He played in nine games for New York, his season shortened by knee surgery. He had 43 total tackles in the nine games he played in 2007 for the Jets.

As a big time Jets fan its sad to see him go becuase he was once "the future" of our team but Mangini feels otherwise. Hope we get decent value either some OLB/DE or picks...

• Bluedevil$
    replied
    Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
    I wouldve given up a second to get this guy.

Great work N.O. you just snuck one by the NFL
    They probably will end up giving up a 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• saintsfan912
    replied
    No, we better give Colston, Evans, and Big Willie contracts before Vilma.

Leave a comment:

• RAZERSAINTS
    replied
    I hope to give him a big contract next year...He better come in and play like he did his first 2 years in the league...Love the move.

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Legend View Post
    with Vilma being in his last year of his contract i wonder what type of a contract will he get?
    Depends if he comes back healthy and returns to form now that he's in a 4-3.

Leave a comment:

• SaintsFanForLife
    replied
    I would have liked that.. Better than Meachem sitting on the bench all year long..What a waist.. I pray to god he steps up and does something this year. I would love for him to make me eat my words on this matter.

Leave a comment:

• The Legend
    replied
    with Vilma being in his last year of his contract i wonder what type of a contract will he get?

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy
    replied
    The funny thing is we seriously considered taking David Harris at 27 last year.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    Ideally, I'd like to have Briggs at MLB and Vilma WLB. But given the experience each player has, it's probably best to have it the other way around.

As for the trade, Vilma is a perfect fit for the Saints, and Harris is perfect for Mangenius' defense. I think so on both accounts.

Leave a comment:

• SaintsFanForLife
    replied
    Ha ha no we have to make a run at Briggs. Nothing is for sure on when Vilma will be ready.. And if Vilma gets back to 100% by the start of the season our LB core would finally be worth talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Now leave Lance Briggs alone.

kthanksbye.
    Ha. You wish. Vilma & Briggs ftw. Although, I don't know who would be MLB if there were to happen...

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Now leave Lance Briggs alone.

kthanksbye.

Leave a comment:

• SaintsFanForLife
    replied
    I agree I think it was a great move for the Saints....

Leave a comment:

• asmitty45
    replied
    I wouldve given up a second to get this guy.

Great work N.O. you just snuck one by the NFL

Leave a comment:

• nvot9
    replied
    Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
    wow, say what u really feel. I hope your not referring to me because you obviously completely misunderstood what i was saying. I'll assume you weren't because that would just be idiotic
    No, I was referring to whoever thinks it was a bad trade...I don't know your specific stance, but if you think it was a bad trade then yea it was addressed at you, if not, then it wasn't.

And teddginn, I'm sure you did, you love the concise posts and I love the long ones. :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information