Jeff Faine to Bucs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Faine to Bucs

Heard this. The Bucs have signed Jeff Caine to a long-term contract, making him the highest-paid Center in the league.

Official announcement should come soon. My apologies if this has been posted.

it was posted in this thread

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...357#post923357

but you should have put this in your team thread

Comment

I still think it's okay for big signees to have their own thread, and this is a big signee. I'm surprised by this move, but it's a good move. Faine is a big upgrade, someone for their kids to anchor around. Not sure this bodes well for say, Buenning's future, but well, Buenning isn't anyone to get too worked over (on a side note, my memory's slipping me, who was the NC State OT they drafted a couple years back? I think it was the Bucs. I should just go to nfl.com's draft history site ... ahh Chris Colmer ... hope he's doing well now). Furthermore, he could provide them with some knowledge on the Saints, and he forces the Saints to have a big hole to fill.
      Last edited by toonsterwu; 02-29-2008, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Yeah I'm fine with this. Faine is by far the top guy at his position available in FO.

According to Saints fans they have the replacement in house, and were expecting Faine to walk.

Good signing for the Bucs. Fills a need and Faine is a good young player.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
          Furthermore, he could provide them with some knowledge on the Saints, and he forces the Saints to have a big hole to fill.
          Not really. He got outplayed by Jonathan Goodwin last season - could be because he was injured, but Brees noticeably played better with Goodwin at center.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Jeff Faine is no LeCharles Bentley!!!

Comment

Eh, Jonathan Goodwin? I would've chanced it with Faine vs. Goodwin between the two if the choice was available (obviously, FA status negates that).

I'll say this - if Goodwin finally has turned the corner, he'll offer much better size in the middle, which might be nice. Of course, you'd like to get a RB that can really take advantage of the bulk, which, unless Deuce is back, I'm not sure, but that's for a whole other thread.

Comment

Just an update for everyone. Apparently Faine signed a 6 year $44 million deal. As a Buc fan myself, Im a little hesitant to be happy about such a huge amount of money being given to a player that has supposedly had a history of injury concerns.

But I have faith in Bruce Allen, who is just a salary cap master.

Comment

Eh, Jonathan Goodwin? I would've chanced it with Faine vs. Goodwin between the two if the choice was available (obviously, FA status negates that).

I'll say this - if Goodwin finally has turned the corner, he'll offer much better size in the middle, which might be nice. Of course, you'd like to get a RB that can really take advantage of the bulk, which, unless Deuce is back, I'm not sure, but that's for a whole other thread.
                  With Pierre Thomas or Michael Turner, it should be fine. Goodwin absolutely handled the Jaguars' defensive line (which was the biggest game I was worried about last season) - had that been Faine, I'm willing to bet it would have been a different story. We resigned Goodwin earlier this week to a one-year deal and let Faine walk. This is basically Goodwin's chance to shine. Brees already mentioned how comfortable he was with Goodwin at center.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by SPQRBucs View Post
                    Just an update for everyone. Apparently Faine signed a 6 year $44 million deal. As a Buc fan myself, Im a little hesitant to be happy about such a huge amount of money being given to a player that has supposedly had a history of injury concerns.

But I have faith in Bruce Allen, who is just a salary cap master.
                    I'd be more curious on the breakdown, as Bruce Allen's history suggests to me that this deal could be structured to offer them an out.

Odd, I thought Goodwin's deal was 3/8.5. Was that another Saints player?

Comment

Odd, I thought Goodwin's deal was 3/8.5. Was that another Saints player?
                      Hm, we've resigned Gramatica, Copper, Nesbit, Goodwin, and now Simonho & Brian Young. Don't think any of them got 3/8.5, though. The deal we gave to Young makes me roll my eyes, though.

Comment

Pretty lame KC was next on his list to talk to...

Comment

I liked Faine.. yet Im not sad to see him go.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

nice sign for the bucs, but i think the bucs gave a little to much money.

Comment

Curse You Tampa And All Your Cap Room!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information