No announcement yet.

Patriot Fans Getting Nervous?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word through the grapevine is that the Patriots and Moss are close to agreeing to a 5 year, 52 million dollar contract, 25 guaranteed... I'll buy it when it's official though, but Shefter is reporting part of it so I'll buy that it is close...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      Word through the grapevine is that the Patriots and Moss are close to agreeing to a 5 year, 52 million dollar contract, 25 guaranteed... I'll buy it when it's official though, but Shefter is reporting part of it so I'll buy that it is close...
      The offense, if Moss signs, should be nearly as effective as last year but the biggest question for me formulates with the defense and their ability to stop opponents. They've got many aging pieces and have lost a big one in Samuel.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Wow. Yeah I don't want the Packers to go after him for that much. I was fine with 4 years $40 million.

Patriots got a lot of questions but they went 12-4 before they acquired all those guys last offseason. If Moss is coming back the only thing I'd be worried about is the CB's even though I like Ellis Hobbs. They could switch to a 4-3 if they want at any time. Thomas-Bruschi-Vrabel would be fine and they're 4 deep as far as starting quality players on the D Line
        Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk; 03-02-2008, 06:56 PM.
        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I don't think Samuel was that big of a loss for them, but their 2008 team won't be near as good as the 2007 one that lost the superbowl due to age and loss of depth mostly.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            If that's a case, think it would be enough to keep Randy in NE. I doubt there's a team which will give him better deal.

Comment

After seeing how big of a part of the offense moss was I can't see ne letting him go.

But no, if I'm a ne fan I'm not worried with or without moss. They won't be the dominant team they were this year but theyre still gonna be one of the best in the league. Theyll take a corner at #7 and solve their problems in the secondary. The front 7 is still strong, only one ilb needed.

On offense theyll be fine, they still have Brady.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

The Pats have been able to bring guys like Hank Poteat and Earthwind Moreland in off the streets and win Super Bowls. There is no doubt that losing Asante and Randall Cool will blow, but that is a position that seems to have a revolving door and when one guy steps out, another guy usually steps in and does OK.

Hopefully they tie up Ty Law here shortly. I don't expect him to be Ty Law but at least he knows the system and it won't take long to readjust...

Comment

They still have tom brady...thats all you really need in life....right?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                  Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                    They still have tom brady...thats all you really need in life....right?
                    Giants' front four agrees.....or not

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

when did anyone hear about the proposed deal?

Comment

NE offense was still good and effective with poor receivers before Moss. But it was the best offense in NFL history with him, it is a huge difference.
                        "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

apparently on NFL.com (watching some vids of NFLN they are nearing a deal

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information