No announcement yet.

Samuel signs monster-deal with Philly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikell isn't exactly young (28 this year) and Considine hasn't exactly been a great fit. Now, that said, having safeties that really fit their scheme is easier said than done. It's a shame CJ Gaddis wasn't who I thought he might become.

I don't expect them to move Brown there, I was merely stating that conclusions on Lito shouldn't be made just yet. That said, I do expect them to add a safety to challenge for a starting role.

Comment

That is some serious dough

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I really think the eagles are planning on moving Brown to safety like Toon said, then we'd still have to draft a cb early to get a good nickel.

Comment

I was never in favor of this deal, but the Eagles have always done their homework. I trust their scouts when it comes to getting FA's and finding steals in the draft.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

There are still some BS rumors out there that Lito Sheppard will be dealt. Who knows what will happen with this? I would almost rather keep Samuel, Brown, and Sheppard, but I don't see it happening.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Big signing. I bet Eagles fans like the action more than anything. Samuel is a player and I don't like to see him in the NFC East. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but being the only team in the NFC East to not have a single Superbowl win can force a team to do drastic things. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                There are still some BS rumors out there that Lito Sheppard will be dealt. Who knows what will happen with this? I would almost rather keep Samuel, Brown, and Sheppard, but I don't see it happening.
                Unless Brown moves to safety, I just don't see the value in keeping Sheppard. I find it a bit of a waste if that happens.

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I just hope they don't trade Sheppard to the Pats, but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that they might/will.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Big signing. I bet Eagles fans like the action more than anything. Samuel is a player and I don't like to see him in the NFC East. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but being the only team in the NFC East to not have a single Superbowl win can force a team to do drastic things. ;)
                    I don't love the deal, but I think there is the Lito Sheppard string still dangling. More is to come out of this, so I'll really wait to see what's going to happen before I judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      I just hope they don't trade Sheppard to the Pats, but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that they might/will.
                      What would the Pats offer for Lito? A late second rounder?

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        Don't think for a second the Pats aren't going to cry foul. I don't think they had any intention of signing him to close to that kind of money, but I can guarantee they were pissed that people were talking to their player while he was still their property. If a little handshake deal was made where they gave permission to the Eagles as part of a Lito Sheppard trade, then I am cool with it. But if that's that, I don't see how this is fair to the Patriots or any other team that followed the rules and planned on getting involved.

And for the record, I think people should be just as pissed about what the Dolphins and 49ers were doing actually announcing deals a quarter after midnight and basically acting like high school seniors trying to show off to everyone that they are drinking beer. I am in shock at all of the tampering going on and just how OK everyone seems to think it is.

Comment

Jay - While tampering may have existed, the fact that the Eagles didn't announce it right after the clock struck will be to their benefit.

Furthermore, after such a tumultuous year, I doubt the Patriots really want to be wading into those waters. Let's be realistic. Everyone tampers. I'm sure there's some team in the past that probably has evidence of tampering on the Pats. You don't want to walk into those waters, and have teams gunning after you for all the wrong reasons. These are still people after all, people that could hold grudges.

I don't expect the Pats to cry foul. They were expecting Asante to be gone.

Comment

I'd keep Shepard, him and Samuel are a sick duo.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

my thought on the tampering thing is; who cares!? really, the NFL can't control who talks to who. unless they want to starting bugging phones and spying teams are always gonna pull stuff like this. it's just always gonna be one of those rules that's around, but not enforced. all sports have 'em.
                              basketball has travelling
                              baseball has 'roids
                              hockey..well, not sure, but there's probably something in the rule book about not beating the crap out of somebody in the middle of a game.

Comment

I personally think Samuel is extremely over-rated.

He is a descent zone-coverage corner, but man-man he struggles.

He is inconsistent, and his biggest strength in my opinion is his field awareness, which could easily be a product of Bellichick's game-planning and instruction.

I also see Samuel as a guy who won't work as hard now that he is paid. I think you'll see Samuel turn into an above average corner next year, and this deal will hurt the Eagles significantly down the stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information