Samuel signs monster-deal with Philly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel signs monster-deal with Philly

Asante Samuel just signed a 7 year 95 Million deal in Philly, just heard it on the radio here.

Apparently he is being guaranteed 28 million of it.

Anyone seen anything on the web?

No, nothing yet. I guess it's just a matter of time then.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

guess this means a Lito Sheppard trade is guaranteed now

Comment

If that is true, I am very pleased as a Giants fan. He is definitely not worth that money at all. I think it is a reaction to the Hall sweepstakes going on with the other 3 NFC East teams.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

To bad Hall plays for Atlanta, cause I doubt they would want to trade him within the division.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

~13.5 mil a year

Definitely over payed, but they wanted a playmaker...

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

It may be a monster deal in terms of dollars, but what really matters are the structure of the bonuses and how much of the money is weighted towards the end of the deal. In theory, it could be a 3 year deal with a bunch of fluff.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Again, actual value, not paper value, is what counts. When we get those details, then we'll see what's doing.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Before we judge this contract, if confirmed, let's wait for the breakdown. That's always more key than anything, and I wonder if this is backloaded, perhaps moreso than Clements was last year.

I like Samuel, but no way do I think this is worth it. I'm not even sure he's all that great of a fit, but that's my 2 cents. I think the Patriots style was something that fit him.

If this is confirmed, I'll be a tad surprised. It looks like the Eagles are gearing up for one more run, as I didn't expect them to make a move for a CB this big entering the offseason.

Let's not jump to conclusions on Lito just yet. Now, I'm guessing it'll likely happen, but they COULD move Sheldon Brown to safety, thus addressing another hole.

Comment

I'm sure there's some serious backloading going on, ala Nate Clements. 28M guaranteed, wow. Would someone else have really paid that?
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      Let's not jump to conclusions on Lito just yet. Now, I'm guessing it'll likely happen, but they COULD move Sheldon Brown to safety, thus addressing another hole.
                      They've got two younger guys in Considine and Mikkell who they like, and Brian Dawkins coming back for one more run. I don't see it, I suppose, especially when Brown was their most consistent corner in 07.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I would not have wanted to pay that kind of money for him.....Im glad we did not get him if that was the cost.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Got a brief link...

http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Comment

Hopefully this comes with the agreement that they give the Patriots Lito Sheppard on the cheap for "letting" the Eagles talk to Samuel before they were actually allowed to...

Comment

Here is probably the best link I could find:

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...p.asp?ID=62946

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information