Madieu Williams signs with Vikes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madieu Williams signs with Vikes

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Minnesota Vikings have worked out an agreement with free-agent safety Madieu Williams.

The deal for Madieu is six years, $34 million.

He's expected to sign the contract when he arrives in Minnesota later today.

as per profootballtalk.com

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18892

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

As a Bengals fan, he has been a major disappointment since his rookie year. Maybe he'll get new life here but I would have been disappointed if the Bengals brought him back near that price.

Comment

I actually love this move and think that it could be a great fit ... if he's fine.

Comment

Rotoworld commented that this gives them two safties that aren't known for their hitting ability. That's a bit of a rarity in the tampa 2, as the priority is usually laying the wood.

It does give them improved ball skills though, and that's probably a more pressing need for them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Williams is an underrated player. I think this is a good signing for the Vikes. I just am not in love with the amount of money he got. Then again, the Vikes tend to overpay at times anyway. Next up is Berrian who is sure to get paid more than he's worth as well.

Comment

I agree with D-Unit, this is an under the radar signing, he has not lived up to full potential but he still shows strong promise. The Vikes tend to over pay for alot of their players in FA, Shaincoe got a good deal last year.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

I really didn't want to see him go but for that price there's no way we shoulda kept him. I like madieu a lot and think he could do very well in Minnesota.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I hate that because the Jaguars dropped the ball on that one...

Comment

Originally posted by rickscott View Post
                    As a Bengals fan, he has been a major disappointment since his rookie year. Maybe he'll get new life here but I would have been disappointed if the Bengals brought him back near that price.
                    His def coordinator in his rookie year was Lesie Frazier, the current DC of the Vikings. Frazier does a stellar job with defensive backs, he was a starting corner on the 85 Bears defense himself.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Figured Frazier would get ahold of him. He had quite the rookie season and beginning to '05 but after the shoulder injury he wasn't really the same. Ndukwe/White as rookies weren't much of a drop off from Madieu at the end of last year.

Can't believe the price tag but he could succeed there. I figured he'd be gone first day.

Comment

13 mil in guaranteed is a **** load of money for an ok safety...

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                          13 mil in guaranteed is a **** load of money for an ok safety...
                          It's a seller's market. 10 teams with 30 million under the cap, 20 teams with 20 million, if you want to grab a good (or even OK) free agent, you're going to have to overpay.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information