Bills sign LB Mitchell....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills sign LB Mitchell....

Big signing....look out for that LB core with Poz, Mitchell, and Crowell with Crow prob. moving to weak

The Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement with New York Giants free-agent outside linebacker Kawika Mitchell, The Buffalo News has learned.

Meanwhile, former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud of the Jacksonville Jaguars is scheduled to visit the Bills today. Stroud is not a free agent but has been given permission from the Jaguars to seek a trade.

Mitchell, 28, is a five-year veteran who started 16 games for the Super Bowl champions last season. He's 6-foot-1 and 253 pounds. He figures to be an immediate upgrade at strong-side linebacker for the Bills' defense.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/288087.html

Sirius is reporting that Stroud is in Buffalo also

now that makes sense. for some reason, i kept on thinking of them plugging kawika at will or mike, but if crowell moves to weak, and kawika goes to sam, that's actually quite intriguing.
    Last edited by toonsterwu; 02-29-2008, 11:34 AM. Reason: sam not mike

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
      now that makes sense. for some reason, i kept on thinking of them plugging kawika at will or mike, but if crowell moves to weak, and kawika goes to mike, that's actually quite intriguing.
      Would Pos move to SLB?

BTW, does Mitchell have good speed?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

oops, typo, meant kawika to sam, keeping pos at mike. at least, that's what i'd do.

Comment

I'm not sure it's a "big" signing, but it's a good one for them. Should give them some flexibility in the draft as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I'm not sure it's a "big" signing, but it's a good one for them. Should give them some flexibility in the draft as well.

Much cheaper option they overrated Briggs in my opinion and a MUCH better option they John Digorigio

Plus this team needs to compete with NE and what a better way to do so then sign Giants

Comment

Originally posted by evans555 View Post
              Much cheaper option they overrated Briggs in my opinion and a MUCH better option they John Digorigio

Plus this team needs to compete with NE and what a better way to do so then sign Giants
              ZOMG they should totally sign Eli Manning and Michael Strahan too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Good move by the Bills, Mitchell is a good pickup.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Like the OP said Stroud is in Buffalo, and he might be taking a physical right now.

Comment

What's Stroud worth?

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Reports are 5 yrs. 17 mil....thats prob 25 mil less then Briggs

I like this deal more and more

Comment

I'm glad for Mitchell. Good but not great player. But everyone needs guys like him. For some reason no one wanted him last year. We got him on a 1 year 1 million dollar deal. He got his ring and now turned that small deal in to a big one. I'm glad.

Comment

Ugh, that sucks. Looks like people will just keep giving us Connor now in mock drafts with Mitchell and Torbor gone.

Honestly, I'm actually a lot more excited about Gerris Wilkinson starting for us. He played great for us last year when we needed him, and I think he fits our scheme better.

That said, great pick up by the Bills. Mitchell is an underrated LB and I think he'll fit well into that linebacking corps.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

We signed him to a good deal.
                            5 years, $17 million.
                            $5 million guaranteed.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

That is not a bad deal for both sides. He'd fit good with Crowell.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information