WORST/BEST move of the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    BEST: LB Jonathan Vilma in exchange for a conditional fourth-round pick. That's crazy good for the Saints and crazy bad for the Jets.

WORST: Jerry Porter six-year, $30 million contract, with $10 million guaranteed.
    please explain how giving Porter a 10 million dollar guarantee is the worst move??

did you see anyof the Raiders moves>?

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
      please explain how giving Porter a 10 million dollar guarantee is the worst move??

did you see anyof the Raiders moves>?
      The title of the thread is worst/best move of the day. I'm sure there will probably be a worst move by the end of the day, but so far, the Porter signing is not a good deal imo.

Comment

Worst Move: Tommy Kelly for $50 million

Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Favre4 View Post
          i dont know why people think the packers are so deep on the defensive line. anyone remember the NFC championship game when the d-line was gassed and the packers couldnt stop the run? I DO! I was at the game! dont kid yourself, there is a massive difference between ryan picket/corey williams and justin harrel/michael montgomery. im not too happy with the idea of possibly getting a player who doesnt contribute for 2-3 years when we had a starter who contributed right now. so not only do we have a need at DT, at least for a guy further down on the depth chart but we have a question mark at our number 2 DT spot, and we are left wondering what is going to be left for defensive backs in the 2nd round which would be what i imagine the packers use that pick on.
          Really? Because I saw a game where the Packers clearly didn't show up because for some odd reason, a team from Green Bay was terrible in the cold. Who cares what the difference between Pickett and any other DT is? RP will still be our NT next year, but Jolly/Harrell will get more time now. We franchised Williams with the idea of trading him. We needed to get Harrell on the field, because you don't pay someone first round money to be a benchwarmer. This also opens up the Packers draft a lot. We needed a CB and a S for sure, and now both spots can be drafted without having to give up the opportunity to draft a potential starter at another position in the 2nd.

Comment

Yeah the worst move is clearly the Raiders deal. I mean...Tommy Kelly? My god.

I like what the Saints did with Vilma, and resigning Brian Young was a good move as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Worst Move: The Falcons not doing anything.
              Best Move: Parcells aggressively rebuilding the Dolphins.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Worst move: Jets trading away Jonathan Vilma

Best move: Saints trading for Jonathan Vilma

I want to say that the worst move was the Jets trading away Vilma and the best was them trading for Jenkins, but that is too homeristic

Comment

jolly and cole were both injured last year.....so to say they are going to step in and be as good as corey is a long shot. corey was a beast least year and think youre going to be able to tell he is gone next year.
                  Packers 2008 record prediction: 9-7 w/o Favre, 11-5 with Favre

Comment

Worst Move: Tommy Kelly/Raiders
                    Best Move: Jonathan Vilma/Saints

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

jolly and cole were both injured last year.....so to say they are going to step in and be as good as corey is a long shot. corey was a beast least year and think youre going to be able to tell he is gone next year.
                      What about Justin Harrell?

Comment

Cole's not going to take over Williams' spot anytime soon. Harrell is the one this deal opens up playing time for. You know, the guy we took in the first round ~10 months ago?

Comment

Worst: Lions letting the saints outbid them for a conditional 4th next year.
                          I mean comon Millen hasnt drafted anyone on the second day that has ever panned out ever. WHat exactly where we gunna lose with this trade?

Best: Lions not trading Big Baby for some worthless 3rd or 4th Millen would waste anyway.( still scared tho day aint over yet and Millen Knows how to screw up a trade.)

BcLion

Have you driven your head through a wall lately?

Comment

yeah, but the point is, the Packers are 6 deep at DT
                            Picket
                            Jolly
                            Cole
                            Harrell
                            Jenkins
                            Williams

all of those guys can, and have started.
                            it's nice, but it's a luxury. in today's NFL, there's no way any team should have that kind of depth, and the Packers would be foolish to NOT trade one of 'em away. Williams is a nice player. but he had a great contract year and he was the guy that was moveable. i liked Williams too. but, the deal had to be done.

Comment

anyone who saw justin harrell play regularly last year knows that he is still a year or two away from being a dependable starter. i really question his motor too. they guy just took plays off when he did have to fill in for injuries last year......and if he wasnt taking plays off and was just getting pushed around 40% of the time, the packers are going to have problems with him.

Comment

jenkins starts at end. and like i said before jolly and cole were hurt last year so who knows what youre going to get this year.....players dont always perform like they did before injuries. i still think williams was worth a big more than a 2nd rounder.....and im wanting to know if the packers took a look at possibly getting a player instead of a pick out of a trade. im not going to be dumb and say deangelo hall, but we could have definitely gotten a starting caliber player in exchange from someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information