Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 best moves to date:
    -Saints getting Vilma from the Jets for a conditional 4th
    -Bills getting Kawika Mitchell for 5 years and 17.5 million (5 mil guar)
    -Miami trading a 6th rounder to Dallas for Jason Ferguson.
    -Dallas signing Zach Thomas for 1 year and 3 million.
    -SF signing DeSaun Foster for 2 years, 1.8 million and no guarantees.

5 worst moves:
    -Signing Jeff Faine and paying him as the best center in the league. He is getting 6 years, 37.5 million with 15 million in guarantees.
    -Trading a 3rd and 5th round pick for Kris Jenkins who has been injured, ineffective and angry at Carolina and then signing him to a 5 year, 35 million dollar deal with 20 million guaranteed.
    -Jags signing Jerry Porter for 6 years, 30 million with 10 million guaranteed.
    -Signing Tommy Kelley for a package worth more the 50 million. The biggest ever for a DT.
    -Giving S Madieu Williams a 6 year, 34 million dollar contract with 13 million guarantee for a safety that has been know for injuries and not quite living up to his talent level.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
      -Giving S Madieu Williams a 6 year, 34 million dollar contract with 13 million guarantee for a safety that has been know for injuries and not quite living up to his talent level.
      I cannot believe they gave that contract to him. lately the Queens have been smarter than that. Who knows though? Maybe his play could prove us wrong. It was a good signing, just too much cash.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I expect the Berrian deal to far surpass that. Something to the effect of 6 years- 42 milion with 16-18 to sign.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          I expect the Berrian deal to far surpass that. Something to the effect of 6 years- 42 milion with 16-18 to sign.
          He signed with the Queens?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BcLion View Post
            Worst: Lions letting the saints outbid them for a conditional 4th next year.
            I mean comon Millen hasnt drafted anyone on the second day that has ever panned out ever. WHat exactly where we gunna lose with this trade?

Best: Lions not trading Big Baby for some worthless 3rd or 4th Millen would waste anyway.( still scared tho day aint over yet and Millen Knows how to screw up a trade.)

BcLion

Have you driven your head through a wall lately?
            I knew Millen would find a way to screw things up. Just a matter of time until we here how Cinci stuck it to us for our best D player when healthy.

Bclion

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              He signed with the Queens?
              It's expected he will by tonight. Those numbers are just a guess.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Best Move:

1) Green Bay adding a 2nd pick for Corey Williams. DL is probably their most talented and deepest position on their roster.

2) Bill Parcells bringing in talented youth/depth. Normally I criticize teams that build through Free Agency, however, he's not signing big name, cap strapping players. He's signing middle of the road talent that can build a team up.

Worst Move: This is tough..

1) Tommy Kelly for 50M???? Al, let someone with less alzheimers run the team.

2) Asante Samuel to Philadelphia. Samuel is a good player, but I'm not sure he fits Philly's scheme and I don't think he was worth that type of money from them, especially considering he doesn't fit their scheme.

3) Bengals Trading for Shaun Rogers. Shaun Rogers and Frank Okam are the same player IMO. Both guys that have the talent to dominate, the size to dominate and the strength to dominate, but would rather eat their way out of contention. Bengals already have a big NT, they'd be better suited getting a 3-Tech like Trevor Laws.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Favre4 View Post
                  jolly and cole were both injured last year.....so to say they are going to step in and be as good as corey is a long shot. corey was a beast least year and think youre going to be able to tell he is gone next year.
                  Your one of THOSE Packer fans as was I after last offseason. The packers didn't make any moves, they didn't draft right, they didn't sign the right players, etc. Well thenguess what? They went 13-3. Ted Thompson and the GB staff have their jobs for a reason.

I liked Corey Wiliiams, but not or 8 mill a season or whatever it is. We have Jolly, Cole, Pickett, Harrell, and Jenkins in there at DT occasionally too right? How many DT's can you pay to be starters when there are only 2 starters!

It will work out..instead of being pessimistic, look at the good out of that. We are saving money, we are possibly gearing up to trade up in the draft, we are saving a butt load on our salary cap, we didn't give up a positional player that we are weak in, etc etc etc

Comment

I think the dolphins are automatically today's losers for giving Randy Starks 7 million dollars guaranteed.

Comment

I disagree wholeheartedly. The Dolphins need young talent of any kind, and considering that Starks is merely 24 and has the size Parcells covets, it's not a terrible signing.

He didn't break the bank and he could turn out to be much better. Granted, he might not progress at all, but with the dearth of talent Miami possesses, it was a risk worth taking.

Comment

yeah youre right im just one of THOSE packer fans. and if favre retires, and we have 30 mill in cap room, then would you approve of the packers signing williams? even if he doesnt, favre is only under contract for one more year so even if we sign corey to a deal average 7-8 mill a year, we still get 4-6 mill more towards the cap after favre retires. how many times do i have to say that cole and jolly were hurt last year. if i had a dollar for every time an injury stopped a good young player from progressing as expected i would be very wealthy....unfortunately few people realize this. it wouldnt have hurt us to sign him in any way at all......they only thing we have to show now is two mid round draft picks. and for the record, i have always been supporting of both mccarthy and ted thompson being hired to their respective positions with the packers. i just find it hard for the packers to duplicate success when they stand pat, or trade good players away. not every draft pick is going to work out. i know ted thompson put alot of seattles talent together, but have they ever won a super bowl from it? the answer there is NO!
                        Packers 2008 record prediction: 9-7 w/o Favre, 11-5 with Favre

Comment

the randy starks signing is a good one. he is very young, and is a very versatile player. i think he may play end in their 3-4 scheme.

Comment

Favre4 who do you think the Packers should have signed and likely overpaid for??

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

corey williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Grig View Post
                                I disagree wholeheartedly. The Dolphins need young talent of any kind, and considering that Starks is merely 24 and has the size Parcells covets, it's not a terrible signing.

He didn't break the bank and he could turn out to be much better. Granted, he might not progress at all, but with the dearth of talent Miami possesses, it was a risk worth taking.
                                And he played 3-4 DE in college and could fit perfectly in their 3-4 System.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information