Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Favre4 View Post
    corey williams.
    You do realize that we could have not franchised him which many thought we werent going to and he could have left for nothing. We got a 2nd round pick which is pretty good. Yes it would have been nice to keep him but we didnt need to. To say it takes 2-3 years for a second round pick what about Greg Jennings what about James Jones both contributed alot in there rookie season. Collins, Colledge also have been heavy contributers but not as good as GJ and JJ. TT knows what he is doing, complain now like alot of fans do about the offseason and the draft when he drafts people whose names arent well know. They pan out things work he is putting a winning team on the field so until he doesnt then you can complain.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't mind the Jenkins trade the more I think about it. The Panthers get a high third, a high fifth and also get rid of a guy who used to argue with coaches and other players.

I like Jenkins and I wish him well, but at least now the team will save money and if they sign Coleman (he's being tested to ensure his injuries aren't dangerous for the team) along with Damoine Lewis and Kemoeatu its not a bad defensive line. Should the Panthers use their thirds and move up in the draft for a good offensive tackle and take a RB the team should look very good next year.

Comment

We stole Vilma from the Jets. Granted, they didn't have any leverage in the situation but if he's able to retain form? Holy smokes.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

yeah jennings and jones did have a real good first 6-8 games of their rookie seasons, then they both fell off the map. with any rookie player they are not used to the full 16 game schedule plus the playoffs for a successful team. very few rookies make an impact for an entire season, and few contribute consistently in their first two years. like i said before not all draft picks work out, so if youre not going to retain your own players, youre going to have to go out and get a few in free agency.....so far i see two players gone(bubba and corey) and zero coming in. yes we will have 8 draft picks, but what are the chances that we have one starter(corey) and one on the verge of starting nearly every game(bubba). i just think the packers are at a point, where they are on the cusp of something special...most teams in this situation would try to add one or two veterans in an attempt to get over that hump, but instead we let one of our promising young players go...are the packers going to turn into a farm system? are we going to groom young players til they turn 27-28 and they let other teams sign them? that not how you win championships.
          Packers 2008 record prediction: 9-7 w/o Favre, 11-5 with Favre

Comment

Favre4 you sound ridiculous in this thread.

Comment

what exactly sounds ridiculous? if facts are ridiculous than yep im crazy.
              Packers 2008 record prediction: 9-7 w/o Favre, 11-5 with Favre

Comment

yeah jennings and jones did have a real good first 6-8 games of their rookie seasons, then they both fell off the map. with any rookie player they are not used to the full 16 game schedule plus the playoffs for a successful team. very few rookies make an impact for an entire season, and few contribute consistently in their first two years. like i said before not all draft picks work out, so if youre not going to retain your own players, youre going to have to go out and get a few in free agency.....so far i see two players gone(bubba and corey) and zero coming in. yes we will have 8 draft picks, but what are the chances that we have one starter(corey) and one on the verge of starting nearly every game(bubba). i just think the packers are at a point, where they are on the cusp of something special...most teams in this situation would try to add one or two veterans in an attempt to get over that hump, but instead we let one of our promising young players go...are the packers going to turn into a farm system? are we going to groom young players til they turn 27-28 and they let other teams sign them? that not how you win championships.
                don't worry about it, old sport
                Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  It's expected he will by tonight. Those numbers are just a guess.
                  Sure about that one chief?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I think saying the randy staks signing is a good one is straight up ridiculous. I wouldnt give 2 million guaranteed, let alone 7 million guaranteed to a guy who hasnt done diddly poo his whole career. Not only has he been unmotivated and lazy his whole career, he gets purely dominated playing next to all-pros in haynesworth and vanden bosch. Its not like he was the focus of other teams, he wasnt double teamed, he just sucks. And if he cant get motivated under Washburn I doubt he'll get motivated under anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                      I think saying the randy staks signing is a good one is straight up ridiculous. I wouldnt give 2 million guaranteed, let alone 7 million guaranteed to a guy who hasnt done diddly poo his whole career. Not only has he been unmotivated and lazy his whole career, he gets purely dominated playing next to all-pros in haynesworth and vanden bosch. Its not like he was the focus of other teams, he wasnt double teamed, he just sucks. And if he cant get motivated under Washburn I doubt he'll get motivated under anyone else.
                      Bro...outside of you, everything thinks it's a decent signing and worth a shot. Just cause you don't like the guy doesn't mean he doesn't have potential to work out well for the reasonable contract he got.

the guy had a pretty good year in 2005 playing in a part time role at a very young age. He isn't even in his prime yet.

Comment

I think that Faneca is the best signing of the day, he could totally revamp their rushing game.

On the other hand, the Eagles are giving $20million guaranteed and $32 million in the first three years to a corner when they already have to solid starters.
                        Last edited by Yatta!; 02-29-2008, 07:35 PM.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                          Bro...outside of you, everything thinks it's a decent signing and worth a shot. Just cause you don't like the guy doesn't mean he doesn't have potential to work out well for the reasonable contract he got.

the guy had a pretty good year in 2005 playing in a part time role at a very young age. He isn't even in his prime yet.
                          Outside of me? Go ask any titans fan. We've been watching him play his whole career. It's not that I dont like him personally. Its that anyone whos actually watched him instead of just looking at statsknow the truth. DT is a pretty big need on the Titans and we still let him walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

5 worst moves:
                            -Signing Jeff Faine and paying him as the best center in the league. He is getting 6 years, 37.5 million with 15 million in guarantees.
                            We had like 35 mill in cap room or something like that, we could afford to overpay, and we needed a center.
                            Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                            Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                            Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                            A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Samuel will now have to face Plax twice a year so I don't understand how the Eagles think that's a good matchup.

He's also going to have to face Owens, another big strong physical guy again a terrible matchup.

Comment

jenkins starts at end. and like i said before jolly and cole were hurt last year so who knows what youre going to get this year.....players dont always perform like they did before injuries. i still think williams was worth a big more than a 2nd rounder.....and im wanting to know if the packers took a look at possibly getting a player instead of a pick out of a trade. im not going to be dumb and say deangelo hall, but we could have definitely gotten a starting caliber player in exchange from someone.
                                Wow just wow

I could quote every single post of yours in this thread and prove you wrong. Quite frankly I don't have the time nor do I really care that much, but I have to say something.

First off, trading Williams was a good move. Their is plenty of depth in the DT rotation. You are taking those injuries way too seriously. They will come back and be fine. Injuries happen, and players come back. Jolly and Cole will be just fine. I'm sure TT will add another DT in the draft as well.

and for the record, i have always been supporting of both mccarthy and ted thompson being hired to their respective positions with the packers. i just find it hard for the packers to duplicate success when they stand pat, or trade good players away. not every draft pick is going to work out. i know ted thompson put alot of seattles talent together, but have they ever won a super bowl from it? the answer there is NO!
                                Are you sure you support them? Because you're sounding pretty negative throughout this thread. There is a damn good reason why Thompson is the GM and you're not. And yes, Thompson did put most of that Seattle team together and they have not won a SB. But how many times have they made the playoffs in the past few years? How often are they having losing seasons? They at least made it to the SB a few years ago. That's something that most teams can't say. You can't buy a Super Bowl. Thompson is doing it the right way.

What did you warrant Williams was worth? A first rounder? Yeah that isn't happening, EVER. Thompson isn't going to trade a young player for a veteran starter either. He always goes for draft picks. Williams wasn't even the starting DT at the beginning of the year, it was Jolly. We traded Mike McKenzie who was a Pro-Bowl CB for a second and a scrub QB. As much as I like Williams, he's not on the caliber of player that McKenzie was in GB. We got the best of this deal. Williams will be a solid starter, but so will Harrell.

You are just looking at names instead of the whole picture. Vilma didn't fit the Jets scheme anymore, making him expendable. Our depth made Williams expendable.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information