No announcement yet.

Faneca NOT to Jets... yet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only does this help the running game, but I wouldn't be surprised if D'Brick now can develope into the top 5 talent he was drafted as. Im starting to feel a little optismism injected into my veigns...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Alan Faneca's agent denies that his client as signed with the Jets.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I don't Justin Smiley is worth 9 million either. Just because he's young doesn't mean he's any good. Resigning Rex Hadnot would have been a better move, and Hadnot isn't really that special either.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

We forget that the one backing the Smiley signing is a Dolphins fan. That's interesting about Faneca not actually signing, though.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
            Faneca is very overrated, I do not like this move.
            No way. Faneca is the best guard in football, he will give D'brick and Mangold confidence and will add at least two wins to the Jets. 7 pro bowls in 10 years, and a couple all-pro teams, yeah he is so overrated.
            Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Originally posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
              No way. Faneca is the best guard in football, he will give D'brick and Mangold confidence and will add at least two wins to the Jets. 7 pro bowls in 10 years, and a couple all-pro teams, yeah he is so overrated.
              Hrrrm....I just turned on my logic-meter and it tells me that if a player gets a lot of public accolades, that increases the chances that he could be perceived as overrated, as opposed to someone who gets no public credit, and therefore may be underrated.

But hey, don't let logic get in the way of a good homer fest.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I just don't feel Faneca is overrated. Their is nothing about his game that I don't like.
                Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

i hope he returns to form now that he has that 'security' he didn't feel he had last year. I think his play slipping last year was directly related to how he felt he was treated by Steeler management, rather than his coming decline.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    I don't Justin Smiley is worth 9 million either. Just because he's young doesn't mean he's any good. Resigning Rex Hadnot would have been a better move, and Hadnot isn't really that special either.
                    You can ask 49er fans (as I have) they all speak highly of him and he was a pretty solid starting OG until his injury. It's not like Smiley is some scrub we picked up. I don't get where your saying the guy is no good. He has started since day 1 and has played with pretty good results. He's not Faneca but he's not getting paid like he's Faneca either.

Comment

this is a big move for the jets. Seems like they are really trying to make a push for next year. Faneca, Dbrickshaw, and Mangold Jets are developing into one of the top Olines in the game today.

Comment

It's an interesting move considering I think the Jets still need more time, but I like it. It should add a nice little blanket for D'Brick.

Comment

He's trying to decide where to go, and its definitely a good sign he's in NY
                          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                            i hope he returns to form now that he has that 'security' he didn't feel he had last year. I think his play slipping last year was directly related to how he felt he was treated by Steeler management, rather than his coming decline.
                            I think it was more to do with the Steelers line being a shambles...Sean Mahan playing next to him says it all, plus Marvel Smith was playing injured for most of the season. I think with a better supporting cast (D'Brick and Mangold) Faneca should remain at a pro bowl/all-pro level for atleast another 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                              Completely disagree. A team like the Jets which likely is another year away from really competing and has huge holes on the defense is better off signing 26 year old Justin Smiley for 9 million guaranteed then signing 33 year old Alan Faneca for 23 million guaranteed.

I mean if Smiley pans out, he has the potential to be one of the better OGs in the NFL and he'll get 25 million over the life of his 5 year contract. But Fanaca on the other hand can show signs of age, completely flop and they still have to pay him 23 million for the next 4 years no matter what.

I'm sorry but for a team that has so many holes in the defense I think the savings of a Justin Smiley compared to Alan Faneca is too big to ignore. Smiley is a much better signing.
                              Faneca is 31 years old, will be 31 the whole season. The Jets are offering a contract that is 4 years so he is 35 when the deal ends. A good length contract. The way the market is the contract was going to be high, its better giving a 7 time pro bowler that money then some one like Dockery or Davis last year who didn't make the pro bowl at all yet.
                              As for the Jets, they can easily make the playoffs, they filled their 2 biggest needs with Faneca and Jenkins. NT and LG was the biggest needs, now we filled them with Pro bowlers. The Jets Run defense just got a lot better, our schedule stinks, IMO we have a great HC. We will make the playoffs you watch! The Jets I my prediction will be 11-5 next season! Book it!

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
                                Faneca is 31 years old, will be 31 the whole season. The Jets are offering a contract that is 4 years so he is 35 when the deal ends. A good length contract. The way the market is the contract was going to be high, its better giving a 7 time pro bowler that money then some one like Dockery or Davis last year who didn't make the pro bowl at all yet.
                                As for the Jets, they can easily make the playoffs, they filled their 2 biggest needs with Faneca and Jenkins. NT and LG was the biggest needs, now we filled them with Pro bowlers. The Jets Run defense just got a lot better, our schedule stinks, IMO we have a great HC. We will make the playoffs you watch! The Jets I my prediction will be 11-5 next season! Book it!

That's pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information