Calvin Pace to NYJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
    Well if you look at it this way. They saved themselves 10 million getting Pace rather then paying 30 million to an unproven rookie in Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. I think the Dolphins are going OT Jake Long with the #1 pick and Joe Flacco with the high second rounder.
    Chris Long would be their LDE, Calvin Pace is gonna play OLB. Two different animals there.

Comment

Now Parcells just needs to trade his #1 overall for Anderson.

Comment

And with this move, allow me to introduce you to the newest member of the St. Louis Rams, Defensive End Chris Long.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Good. I hope the Vikings break the bank on him.
          I do too. They already have an excellent run defense, and Justin Smith is only an average pass-rusher.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            Chris Long would be their LDE, Calvin Pace is gonna play OLB. Two different animals there.
            I highly doubt that Parcells would draft a 272 pounder to play LDE in the 3-4. Granted, if there's anyone in this draft that can no only survive, but excel, undersized, I'd guess Long. Now, that said, I could see them putting Pace on the WOLB side, with Long on the SOLB side.

Comment

I'm going to assume Gholston or Long will only be picked by Miami if Jason Taylor or Joey Porter are gone.
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

nah, I think Chris Long will be picked with Porter still there, Pace and Taylor

Comment

PFT is reporting that there are two different sources saying that Pace isn't signed...and that he will visit the Jets tomorrow...

Comment

Pace hasn't signed. I've read from multiple sources that he is visiting the Jets tomorrow and there was an article up earlier today which I posted that states that the Dolphins aren't willing to give him Joey Porter type money. I'm curious as to where these reports are coming from because the report I read was a quote straight from Pace himself that he's visiting the Jets tomorrow.

Comment

yea, I read the same quote...we'll see I guess

Comment

I think he has agreed to terms with the Dolphins but he just wants to give the Jets a visit to see if anything there would drastically change his mind which I doubt. When it comes down do it I think he prefers Dolphins over the Jets.

Comment

Well if that's the case then Dolphins fans should do a happy dance and I tip my hat to Mr. Bill Parcells.

20 million dollars for Calvin Pace. Y'all must be crazy!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Well if that's the case then Dolphins fans should do a happy dance and I tip my hat to Mr. Bill Parcells.

20 million dollars for Calvin Pace. Y'all must be crazy!!
                            I know 20 mil for Pace is nuts. SI.com is the ONLY source that is reporting this deal and I read on a couple of local papers that talks are stalled because we won't give him Porter money and on the Miami Herald and Rotoworld there are reports that he is visiting the Jets tomorrow.

When I see a bunch of different places saying he's visiting the Jets and just one place saying he's signed, I tend to believe the multiple sources.

Interesting situation to say the least. We'll see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              I dont know how much truth it is to it but supposedly Jason Taylor is being shopped to the Packers for their 2nd they got from Williams, and a 4th rd pick...parcells certainly is not sitting on his hands.
                              Wow.... where'd you hear that?? I would absolutely LOVE that trade! I really hope it's true! A reliable source?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

My thoughts from the FA Tracker thread:

As for Jason Taylor, if memory serves correct he has two years remaining on his current deal. Myself, I'd keep him for 08 to groom Long (better Taylor than Porter as a veteran influence), then I would trade Taylor next offseason.

I couldn't care less if the Dolphins sign Calvin Pace (who I wish I saw of lick of), he's not the franchise pass rusher to succeed Jason Taylor. Chris Long is my guy if I'm the Dolphins, I've been saying that for quite some time and I stick by it.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information