No announcement yet.

Calvin Pace to NYJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh....I know that Jason Taylor is getting older, but if the Packers get him....sigh....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Wonder if that would mean KGB getting canned, but it's speculative anyways. And what the addition of Taylor would do for the Packers.

The Packers defense intrigues me a great deal, but I don't want to get off topic too much. And I have a knack for pissing Packers fans off, I don't want to relive that.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

LOL, how so, Geo?
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Don't be silly, pissing Packers fans off is awesome.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
            Wow.... where'd you hear that?? I would absolutely LOVE that trade! I really hope it's true! A reliable source?
            Yea I really dont want to get the thread off topic too much, but their just in talks to let him go for a 2nd(since they have two) and a 4th, the only sources are a packers blog site, and its been reported on the radio, but its nothing major unless one or the other decides on it...

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/let-the-rumors-fly
            heres the link, but it just solidifies it being a rumor in the first place.

While I agree with Geo in letting him groom someone this year, it seems like Parcells wouldnt mind getting rid of Taylor now while his stock is relatively high, and really stockpile those picks, another 2nd and 4th would be huge after who he's already picked up...on Green Bay's end its a great deal because they are really only coming off a 4th, its an intriguing rumor and I like it on both ends, so if I had to guess id say it gets done...But just add this to the barrel of rumors we already have, I just think this one has some legs to it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

What, the Packers defense? Eh, alright. Basically to sum up, it fascinates me that such a good defense, such a well put-together defense that executes a great rotation at defensive line, can just as easily have 30 put on them any weekend.

Maybe it's that they have the defense you wish you could build, or at least that I like as a 4-3 defense ... but you're left seeing why it's not being built. But you don't quite understand why it's not working as well as it could/should. I know that sounds a bit confusing, which is why I'm interested in their defense. They've got great guys at every level, well except for safety. The DL is stacked. Harris and Woodson play full-on man/press, doing it better than any other duo in the league. But a good offense could put 30 on them tomorrow, an elite one could light them up for more probably.

In Jacksonville's case for example, they stop the run, but you can pass on them. It's understandable. Maybe like Jacksonville, they need a better pass rusher. Green Bay's pure speed guy is KGB who comes in on passing downs, Kampmann is a three-down end opposite him though.

Bringing it back to Parcells and the Dolphins, which I must do after the above, Parcells builds his 3-4 to stop the run and I imagine that won't change in Miami. How successful they will be against the pass, remains to be seen as the rebuilding process continues. However the league is favoring the pass as much as ever. They need a pass rusher to eventually succeed Jason Taylor, and I would be surprised if Calvin Pace is it. He might be playing opposite that successor though, akin to Greg Ellis playing opposite stud rusher Demarcus Ware, if that's what Tuna envisions.

Comment

Pace should be signing soon, I guess he didn't go to New York.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

If they go with Jake Long I think Glenn Dorsey is a Falcon. If Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey go one and two I will be mad.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    What, the Packers defense? Eh, alright. Basically to sum up, it fascinates me that such a good defense, such a well put-together defense that executes a great rotation at defensive line, can just as easily have 30 put on them any weekend.

Maybe it's that they have the defense you wish you could build, or at least that I like as a 4-3 defense ... but you're left seeing why it's not being built. But you don't quite understand why it's not working as well as it could/should. I know that sounds a bit confusing, which is why I'm interested in their defense. They've got great guys at every level, well except for safety. The DL is stacked. Harris and Woodson play full-on man/press, doing it better than any other duo in the league. But a good offense could put 30 on them tomorrow, an elite one could light them up for more probably.

In Jacksonville's case for example, they stop the run, but you can pass on them. It's understandable. Maybe like Jacksonville, they need a better pass rusher. Green Bay's pure speed guy is KGB who comes in on passing downs, Kampmann is a three-down end opposite him though.

Bringing it back to Parcells and the Dolphins, which I must do after the above, Parcells builds his 3-4 to stop the run and I imagine that won't change in Miami. How successful they will be against the pass, remains to be seen as the rebuilding process continues. However the league is favoring the pass as much as ever. They need a pass rusher to eventually succeed Jason Taylor, and I would be surprised if Calvin Pace is it. He might be playing opposite that successor though, akin to Greg Ellis playing opposite stud rusher Demarcus Ware, if that's what Tuna envisions.
                    As far as potential to be dominant, we haven't started using schemes that allow us to force a lot of turnovers and our players don't force a lot of fumbles like dominant defenses do. We play a bend but don't break style. I think we'll be more aggressive scheme wise this year, as everybody except Bigby and whomever our 2nd D Tackle will be in their 3rd year as starters in this defense. The only starters that have a clearly aggressive style I'd say are Bigby, Woodson, Harris and Barnett.

Points wise: The only offense that dominated us was Dallas. They scored 37 points. They used a lot of motion and got us out of bump n run in their big plays. We also didn't have KGB or Charles Woodson. Our safeties, cb's, and d-line probably played their worst games of the year. Detroit scored 27 points on Thanksgiving, 14 of which was in garbage time the 4th quarter. After the 3rd quarter it was 31 to 12 Packers lead. The first Bears game they scored 27 points. We turned the ball over 4 times on offense. Bears had 20 points until 2 minutes left in the 4th and they scored the winning touchdown. The 2nd Bears game, @ Soldier field: 35-7 Bears. They scored a TD on blocked punt by Corey Graham, they scored on and interception return by Brian Urlacher. There was a total of 2 blocked punts, 2 interceptions, 4 fumbles but they were recovered. By far the sloppiest game I've ever seen played by our offense and special teams. The Bears offense had 240 total yards and scored 21 total points, 6 of which was field goals. And I can't even put an exact total on how many of those were off of turnovers also because our offense and special teams was so sloppy. Playoffs- Seahawks had 20 points, the first 14 were off of Ryan Grant fumbles. First one was on our own 1 yard line. The 2nd was on our own 49 yard line. The Giants scored 23 points now they're the Super Bowl Champs.

So in 18 total games including playoffs, Dallas was the only offense that scored over 30 points on us, and it was our worst defensive game all year, without Charles Woodson and KGB. Dallas was one of the best offense in the league year, we all know that.

In regards to Jason Taylor, I suppose it would give us the opportunity to do a lot of different things in our front 7. Hopefully our coaches would realize that, instead of keeping everything the same and just putting him in the lineup. I suppose it's better to get an already established hybrid player, than trying to draft one and then teach him how to do it, when our coaches don't really have experience doing such a thing. The Dancing with the Stars and pondering retirement last year concerns me. I would like the move. But I'd rather trade for DeAngelo Hall and get a top 5 to 10 CB for the next 7 or 8 years.
                    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Calvin Pace will visit the Jets Saturday.

Sports Illustrated incorrectly reported Friday that Pace was signing with Miami. He is going to make a lot of money for some 3-4 team.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post

I'm confused. What teams did that to us this year?
                        This year Green Bay gave up (by week) 13, 13, 24, 16, 27, 14, 13, 22, 0, 17, 26, 37, 7, 14, 35, 13, 20, 23.

That's only 2 games above 30: the Cowboys, but that was with Jarrett Bush starting and the Bears, but I'd certainly not pin that on the defense that only gave up 2 TDs, and gave up the points due to a tremendously short field. After that, there are only 6 games where the defense even gave up 20. So in over half of the games this year, Green Bay gave up less than 20 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                          Calvin Pace will visit the Jets Saturday.

Sports Illustrated incorrectly reported Friday that Pace was signing with Miami. He is going to make a lot of money for some 3-4 team.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true
                          Which explains the Dolphins interest in Darryl Blackstock. Personally I'd rather have Blackstock. I was praying we'd take him coming out of college he was a monster. He was playing badly out of position in Arizona. They used him mainly as a 4-3 OLB and he has no coverage skills. He's purely a pass rusher.

At age 24 with some upside to him I'd rather bring him in on the cheap and use him strictly on passing downs and situations where we are going to bring some blitzes. I think he could be a solid player in a situational role like that.

I'd rather give that a shot then dumping 20 mil guaranteed on Calvin Pace.

Comment

Good calls and posts, guys. I exaggerated the number.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                              Which explains the Dolphins interest in Darryl Blackstock. Personally I'd rather have Blackstock. I was praying we'd take him coming out of college he was a monster. He was playing badly out of position in Arizona. They used him mainly as a 4-3 OLB and he has no coverage skills. He's purely a pass rusher.

At age 24 with some upside to him I'd rather bring him in on the cheap and use him strictly on passing downs and situations where we are going to bring some blitzes. I think he could be a solid player in a situational role like that.

I'd rather give that a shot then dumping 20 mil guaranteed on Calvin Pace.
                              No actually Blackstock got all of his playing time this last season as a 3-4 OLB, Pace is much better than Blackstock, but he will cost alot more too

Comment

I posted earlier saying that parcells was doing a good job in my opinion. But after this i am thinking wtf is he doing???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information