Calvin Pace to NYJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
    Calvin Pace will visit the Jets Saturday.

Sports Illustrated incorrectly reported Friday that Pace was signing with Miami. He is going to make a lot of money for some 3-4 team.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true
    Yea, this is true...I'm actually hearing the Jets are the front runners but that Parcells wants him the most, so take that as you will. I'm not sure what how I'd feel about the signing, I'm sure we'd have to invest a lot in him, I think it could work out though...

For any Cardinals fan or just anyone who knows about Pace, could he potentially move inside in the 3-4 and play ILB?
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
      Yea, this is true...I'm actually hearing the Jets are the front runners but that Parcells wants him the most, so take that as you will. I'm not sure what how I'd feel about the signing, I'm sure we'd have to invest a lot in him, I think it could work out though...

For any Cardinals fan or just anyone who knows about Pace, could he potentially move inside in the 3-4 and play ILB?
      I was just ask the same exact thing as my boy nvot....So if any cardinal fan knows, please inform

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

The NY Daily News is "hearing" that the Jets have "an excellent chance" to get free agent OLB Calvin Pace signed.
        They're in direct competition with the Dolphins. Sports Illustrated jumped the gun by declaring Pace a 'Fin already. Pace hasn't decided yet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...-free-age.html

Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Wow that'd be nice if we signed him. I think we could still look to draft Gholston, but it would add a lot of depth to our linebackers. Gholston, Pace, and Thomas on the outside. Hobson, Harris, and Barton in the middle. That'd be real nice.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Hobson's a free agent so we don't really have much depth in the middle which is why I'm thinking maybe Pace goes in the middle? Bryan Thomas in the middle? I dnno...

Comment

I haven't heard anything about Hobson, but I have a feeling the Jets keep him.
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                I haven't heard anything about Hobson, but I have a feeling the Jets keep him.
                Well he's definitely a FA, I know that much...no idea if they'd resign him though. I know they're looking to get rid of him or Barton and since he's the FA, I'd assume it be him, kinda underwhelming in the 3-4, I'd expect him to sign elsewhere...although we could use the depth.

Comment

I think Pace would be a waste in the middle, to be honest. If we signed him, I'd hope that he'd play on the outside. I would kind of hope we're offering less than what Miami was reportedly giving him, though.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Didn't Hobson suck last year? I think he'd be a better fit as a 4-3 linebacker.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Yeah he didn't do well. About 70 tackles and only 2 sacks. But in his first year in the 3-4 (in which he also played ILB) he had over 100 tackles and 6 sacks which is better numbers than he put up in the 4-3.

Comment

Free agent LB Calvin Pace returned to his home in Atlanta after meeting with the Jets over the weekend.
                        He's mulling the Jets and Dolphins' offers. The Bengals want to bring Pace in for a visit, but their meeting was only tentatively scheduled. The 27-year-old pass rusher should have a decision early this week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...on-sunday.html

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Hah, he's milking his time on the free agent market for all it's worth. Go to town while you can, guy. :)
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

pace is a outside guy he bring that pass rushing ability from the outside/standing up. I don't think he can be a sideline to sideline player.

Comment

Btw, if the Jets signed Pace, I'd imagine Pace and Thomas on the edges, with Harris and someone in the middle. While translating 4-3 OLB work to 3-4 ILB work isn't the best, it does give some indication that in terms of "pure" LB duties, Pace might struggle. He's a pass rusher and I think he'd be used on the edges of the 3-4 defense, like he was used in Arizona this past year.

Comment

The Jets just signed Pace.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3275059

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information