Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaun Rogers to the Browns (trade has not been confirmed though)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
    Maybe a hybrid, but the problem with the 4-3 comes down to that they would have to find way to improve not only their outside pass rush, but also their interior pass rush. Unless they become so dominant against the run to negate such necessity. put it this way - simply adding a de at 9 isn't likely to significantly improve their pass rush.

only time will tell i guess.
    Agreed about the pass rush. Our run D hasn't been bad the past few years as a whole, save a few real bad ones we've been ~15th the last two seasons. Granted, losing Justin Smith hurts.

In the end, our biggest problem is a lack of pass rush without a doubt. Rogers is a big boost to that as I think the addition of him helps with the DE's as well. Geathers was always next to a bum of a DT.

Our pass rush issues resulted from a lack of interior pass rush, lack of DE pass rush and lack of LB pass rush... So basically it just sucked. Rogers helps the interior part out immensly, I think he'll have at least SOME impact on the DE's and whoever we bring in at DE will likely be more of a pass rusher than a run D guy like Justin Smith.

Comment

he improves your special teams too, as he is quite able to block field goals when he feels like it he has something like 11 blocked kicks since he has been in the league

Comment

just came home from lifting to see this and though i dont like his character its hard to argue with it. nice to see us finally make a splash in free agency and hopefully zimmer can tap into his potential moreso than what happened up there in detroit.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

My faith has shot up in the front office today, Rogers and even talking to Antwan Odom is something I'm not used to. Normally we go after dinosaurs that are coming off injured seasons.

If we manage Odom, the only real NEED is WLB. Depth needed at LB, CB, S and OG as well as RB.

Comment

And the Cincy legacy of laziness and lawlessness continues

Comment

and you officially win.

^A Bonekrusher production^
              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Kinda surprised Corey Williams got a 2nd now. Lots of bigger names going for less.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

don't know how reliable this is...but if true...that's a bummer...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...802290460/1126

says trade fell through...and the Lions are looking for another trade partner...

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                    Kinda surprised Corey Williams got a 2nd now. Lots of bigger names going for less.
                    Actually if you look at the value of the picks the Panthers and Lions got (or maybe didn't get), it all equals out to a late 2nd, it's just that the Packers got one single pick.

Personally I think Williams is the best of the three, but the Packers had less leverage than the other two.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Actually if you look at the value of the picks the Panthers and Lions got (or maybe didn't get), it all equals out to a late 2nd, it's just that the Packers got one single pick.

Personally I think Williams is the best of the three, but the Packers had less leverage than the other two.
                      remember, Stroud is available too...

Comment

http://www.profootballtalk.com/

POSTED 8:17 p.m. EST, February 29, 2008
                        ROGERS TRADE OFF

The trade between the Lions and the Bengals for defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is apparently off.

According to Mike O'Hara of the Detroit News, the deal was not consummated and the Lions will be looking to send Rogers elsewhere. The two teams had agreed that Rogers would head to the Bengals for a third-round and a fifth-round pick.

In our view, that's not bad news for the Bengals. Maybe it means that someone within the organization raised an alarm about the 2007 allegations against Rogers regarding his conduct in a strip club. Though he wasn't charged, is that really the kind of guy that the team should be signing giving its recent history of struggles with off-field issues?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

fairly stunning turn of events. It'll be interesting how this plays out. I'm a bit surprised that they haven't taken a dip on Stroud (Bengals that is).

Comment

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...802290460/1126

Comment

what does this mean?

However, league sources said later Friday that the trade was not consummated, and that the Lions would be looking to trade Rogers to another team.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

It wasn't finalized.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information