No announcement yet.

Lance Briggs Re-signs with the Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. I really hope we can get a deal done with him :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I could live with DRC.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if New England was interested though. They need an inside linebacker bad. And Briggs would give them a lot of flexibity if they run a 4-3 sometimes. He's a 3 down linebacker also.
        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

DRC would be a good fit with the Saints I feel. I actually think they should consider, per a certain damnable pundit, Kentwan Balmer. You line a guy with that kind of size and athleticism next to Grant and Smith, you could see some great things.

Comment

Yeah I've been saying New England for a while. I don't know if they are interested, but it would make some sense.

At the end of the day I actually think he will end up back in Chicago, which is stunning to me. The Saints are out there, but I just don't think they budgeted the 20-25 million in bonus money it's going to take to get him away from the Bears. That's the thing about FA. Most teams have a clear idea of how much they have and how much they are going to spend. The fact that the Saints have brought in nobody big other than Vilma (who will get an extension), and the resigning of their own players, says to me that they are likely in the process of re-doing the numbers to see if there is 20 million sitting around somewhere. I don't see it.

The Broncos are another team that has essentially done nothing this offseason, and reports are that Pat Bowlen has decided that Shanny has burnt him on FA too much in the last few years and is not interesting. I don't see it.

The Bucs rumor is apparently false. If it's not false I think they are actually the front-runners, as they have the allocated money sitting right there. I just don't think they are ready to make that move either though. I don't see them pushing Derrick Brooks out the door, which is what it will take.

Cleveland has already spent a ton of money this offseason after saying they weren't going to. If you look at their activity over the last three years I think they have all but dried up their well. Sticking with Jackson, Davis, and Williams in the middle seems much more likely.

Which leaves some outside teams. Even Briggs himself said he doesn't think the Niners are in it anymore. The Lions should be in it but don't appear to be. Ditto the Giants. Maybe the Redskins change their minds and get back in it for the same deal they offered last year. I dunno.

In the end I think he'll sit around for a few more days, maybe visit with New Orleans, and hope that there is a team that will give him the 25 mil up front he wants. I don't think it will happen, and I think he comes back to Chicago for a deal similar to what Peanut Tillman got last year (around 18 mil in guarantees).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
              DRC would be a good fit with the Saints I feel. I actually think they should consider, per a certain damnable pundit, Kentwan Balmer. You line a guy with that kind of size and athleticism next to Grant and Smith, you could see some great things.
              Keep Balmer the hell away from our team at 10.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Keep Balmer the hell away from our team at 10.
                Trade down. He's still a good fit for that D-line. Saints could use an extra first day pick to address the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                  Trade down. He's still a good fit for that D-line. Saints could use an extra first day pick to address the secondary.
                  Pass. Rather have DRC, Rivers, or McKelvin. Balmer screams Jonathan Sullivan to me.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Pass. Rather have DRC, Rivers, or McKelvin.
                    Sounds good to me. Unless we can get Ellis or Dorsey of course ;)

Comment

Pass. Rather have DRC, Rivers, or McKelvin. Balmer screams Ryan Sims to me.
                      fixed it for you.

Comment

there has been a lot of chatter up here that the Pats are going to try to use Briggs, make him an OLB and put Adalius Thomas back at ILB. I really think he will sign if Moss leaves, because that leaves alot of capspace for the Patriots to spend. I think their capspace number is in the range of 20 million...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Saints get Briggs...I would be speachless they could have the top LB core in the NFL.

Comment

Sounds good to me ;)

Comment

Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
                              there has been a lot of chatter up here that the Pats are going to try to use Briggs, make him an OLB and put Adalius Thomas back at ILB. I really think he will sign if Moss leaves, because that leaves alot of capspace for the Patriots to spend. I think their capspace number is in the range of 20 million...
                              that would make absolutely no sense.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I'm assuming he means the other way around. Either that or Pats fans are morons.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information