No announcement yet.

Lance Briggs Re-signs with the Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm the Pats I try to sign him, as long as he's willing to go for an Adalius Thomas like contract.
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      Pass. Rather have DRC, Rivers, or McKelvin. Balmer screams Jonathan Sullivan to me.
      Eh, Balmer definitely has the athleticism to be a good player but I think you're right. Hes got a lot to prove.

Comment

Ya im assuming briggs would be inside, but Im sure in certain schemes/defensive play calls they could alternate. That is if the patriots were even interested in him, I haven't heard anything.
        Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

I posted this in the pinned FA thread:

Oh, Jesus. All this Briggs' talk is confusing me and not having NFL Network isn't helping. Apparently, Adam Schefter reported that the Bears offered Briggs $6mil per year -- don't know if that was before or after the Berrian to MIN signing. Briggs was scheduled to visit New Orleans tomorrow, but the trade of getting Vilma has pushed it back to Monday.

No links or anything, just what I'm hearing. Whew.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Briggs rarely blitzes and wouldn't be suited for a 3-4 OLB. He is great in coverage and is very smart which the Pats like.

Comment

Right. Also I didn't realize he was 240 as listed on yahoo sports. I thought he was much smaller than that and wasnt sure if he'd fit the 3-4 well, but now after looking at it I want the patriots to make a run at him, assuming he doesnt cost too much.
              Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Well if the Bears are offering 6 mil per year that's probably not enough. Then again it depends on how it's structured. Adalius Thomas got 5 years-35 million, with a 12 million signing bonus and 8 million this year.

Either way, it looks like the Bears are being too stingy again.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

There's still a chance that Briggs will visit NO tomorrow.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Man, I hope he comes to visit and we don't let him leave without signing contract.

Comment

Bucs interested in Briggs

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...radar-as-well/

Comment

*Scratches head*

That link is to a song about the Dolphins

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          You sure about that? This comes from PFT, but still...

There was a report on Friday that linebacker Lance Briggs was visiting the Buccaneers.

A league source tells us that, after the report surfaced, a high-level Bucs official privately said, "We're worried. Lance Briggs is in the building, but we don't know where he is."

As it turns out, Briggs didn't visit the Buccaneers. And he hasn't visited anyone.

It's not how things were supposed to go for the guy who supposedly was one of the top 2008 free-agent prizes. A year ago, the Redskins were interested. Now, nothing. During the 2007 season, the Niners were sufficiently interested to trigger tampering charges. Now, nothing.

We're not quite sure why it has happened. Maybe teams have concluded that Briggs' tackling numbers have been inflated by his role in a defensive scheme that funnels the play toward the weakside linebacker. Regardless, Briggs is still available and there's no indication that an offer is imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            *Scratches head*

That link is to a song about the Dolphins
                            Hmm... that's the wrong page. Try this one. Rotoworld links you there.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2438

Comment

With the loss of Berrian, how does that affect the WR situation in Chicago? Is that now a priority in the draft?

I would love to see the Saints sign Briggs. It would give us a hell of a LB corps and would definitely help light a fire under our ass on defense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                With the loss of Berrian, how does that affect the WR situation in Chicago? Is that now a priority in the draft?

I would love to see the Saints sign Briggs. It would give us a hell of a LB corps and would definitely help light a fire under our ass on defense.
                                probably not since receivers take a while to develop through the draft. Odds are we will sign someone like Bryant Johnson or D.J. Hackett to replace Moose and hope Hester develops to replace Berrian, as well as Mark Bradley returning to his 05 form.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information