• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Briggs Re-signs with the Bears

Anything at all???

He wants a lot of money.

Comment

Last I heard, it's between the Bears and Saints.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post

Let's go Bears!

Comment

COME TO CLEVELAND PLEASE!!!!!

I like Lance... alot........ ;)

Comment

i am gunna throw out a darkhorse and say that he signs with the broncos...i can see him playing mike there, with DJ Williams sliding back to will where he excelled now that gold has been released...
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I thought he was going to talk to the Bucs?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                It is?! I have been at work for the last 9-10 hours, so I didn't catch this. Would be amazing if we could get him :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I would love this move..Just pay the man..Him and Vilma togeather would be so money

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Holy crap yes.

Comment

Anyone got a link to an article about the Saints being interested in Briggs?

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                        Anyone got a link to an article about the Saints being interested in Briggs?
                        http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bear01.article

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

There was just a thread about Briggs and the Pats on the front page, but I didn't see it a second ago. Weird. I thought the guy had said he never wanted to play in a 3-4.

He would be an amazing fit next to Vilma, I must admit. If the Saints added Ellis from the draft and picked up two absolute stud linebackers...they would only have to fix their atrocious secondary to have a great D.

Comment

For all the talk about the Bears low-balling their free agents, 24 hours into free agency it looked like they were right on the money.

Wide receiver Bernard Berrian visited Minnesota on Friday but has yet to sign a contract, an indication the Vikings were not outbidding the Bears. Berrian is scheduled to travel to Oakland today.

The market for three-time Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs seems to have all but evaporated. Briggs has a big-money contract on the table from the Bears, and it looked late Friday night as if the New Orleans Saints could be the only team left to bid against them.

It's believed Briggs has yet to schedule a visit. Sources close to the negotiations said reports he was headed to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers weren't correct. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for the Bucs, with linebackers Cato June and Derrick Brooks in the fold, to throw top dollar at a third player ideally suited for the weak side.

Washington doesn't have the money to bid for Briggs, and San Francisco fell out of the running when it signed Dontarrious Thomas. Cleveland and the New York Jets are believed to be out of the hunt, leaving the Saints, who traded for Jonathan Vilma on Friday, as the only serious contender at this point. New Orleans, which will play Vilma in the middle, might have the money to retool its defense by adding Briggs on the weak side.

The Bears desperately want at least one of the players back. At this point, one source called it a 50/50 possibility that both could return, with the organization armed with $20 million in available cap room.
                            http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...bear01.article

The Saints might be making a play for Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times. To our knowledge, Briggs has not scheduled a visit to New Orleans. But the Sun-Times speculated that the Saints could be Chicago's stiffest competition in the Briggs market.
                            Other national media reports have mentioned New Orleans as a possible destination for the 27-year-old Pro Bowler, but there has been no concrete evidence of that so far.

That Briggs market has been surprisingly quiet in the first days of free agency. Two teams thought to be in the running - San Francisco and Tampa Bay - don't seem to be aggressively pursuing him at this point.
                            Of course, that all could change at a moment's notice if someone offers him the type of deal that linebacker Adalius Thomas signed in New England last year (five years, $35 million).
                            http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008...or_briggs.html
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                              There was just a thread about Briggs and the Pats on the front page, but I didn't see it a second ago. Weird. I thought the guy had said he never wanted to play in a 3-4.

He would be an amazing fit next to Vilma, I must admit. If the Saints added Ellis from the draft and picked up two absolute stud linebackers...they would only have to fix their atrocious secondary to have a great D.
                              I still don't think we have a legit chance for Ellis or Dorsey (if he falls) unless we trade up. Cincy wanted Shaun Rogers and I think they will take Ellis right before us unless we move up. I think with the tenth pick we'll take either McKelvin or DRC - Sean Payton seems to have a woody for small schoolers.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information