No announcement yet.

Marcus Stroud traded to the Bills -- LINK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOR A 3rd AND a 5th!!! Wow- Bills totally ripped them off. That means he was priced the same as Kris Jenkins and I would take Stroud over Jenkins in a second.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
      The Bills and DT Spencer Johnson have reportedly agreed to terms on a five-year contract.
      Johnson is a versatile player who has been Minnesota's third tackle behind the Williams behemoths the last few years. He could have some untapped potential, and should fit in Buffalo's tackle rotation. This could mean the Bills are dropping out of the Marcus Stroud bidding.

Source: Rotoworld
      We got both. Johnson is a UT and Stroud is a NT. Looks to be a solid rotation with Stroud, McCargo, Williams and Johnson.

Comment

If you got both you guys made some nice moves. I wish we could have gotten a DT already.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
          FOR A 3rd AND a 5th!!! Wow- Bills totally ripped them off. That means he was priced the same as Kris Jenkins and I would take Stroud over Jenkins in a second.
          haha...your ignorance on Jaguars players is laughable..

Marcus Stroud is coming off microfracture surgery on his ankle and is on the down side of his career...he got outplayed by a rookie in Tony McDaniel (before McDaniel got injured) and is on the downside of his career...

it was a consensus among Jags fans that we wouldn't get more than a 4th for Stroud if anything at all...hell, there was talk of him being cut....I would say the Jags ripped the Bills off due to them getting the asking price for healthy DT's...

Comment

My favorite Jaguar joining the enemy. :(

Now my jersey is obsolete... and will NOT be replaced by his new one hahaha...

Really good trade.

Comment

When healthy, Stroud's a force with better agility than given credit for (relative to the size). If healthy, the Bills get a good deal, giving up slightly less than the other teams. Adding Spencer Johnson is intriuing as well, giving them a 4 deep DT rotation. I would still start McCargo over Spencer, but we'll have to wait and see. McCargo was finally showing some flashes, and having a big boy like Marcus in there could help.

I'm assuming that the Bills felt decently comfortable about the medicals to make such a move.

As for the Jaguars, this point was going to come. That is, they weren't going to keep Stroud/Henderson there as a tandem forever and got solid play from others. They'll have some flexibility in the draft. They could bolt up for a DE and still have the ability to land a 2nd tier DT if they wanted. A lot of options.

Comment

I am about 100% positive that right now with #11 the Bills go with Derrick Harvey or Phillip Merling.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                  I am about 100% positive that right now with #11 the Bills go with Derrick Harvey or Phillip Merling.
                  I think we'll go with a CB at #11

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                    When healthy, Stroud's a force with better agility than given credit for (relative to the size). If healthy, the Bills get a good deal, giving up slightly less than the other teams. Adding Spencer Johnson is intriuing as well, giving them a 4 deep DT rotation. I would still start McCargo over Spencer, but we'll have to wait and see. McCargo was finally showing some flashes, and having a big boy like Marcus in there could help.

I'm assuming that the Bills felt decently comfortable about the medicals to make such a move.

As for the Jaguars, this point was going to come. That is, they weren't going to keep Stroud/Henderson there as a tandem forever and got solid play from others. They'll have some flexibility in the draft. They could bolt up for a DE and still have the ability to land a 2nd tier DT if they wanted. A lot of options.
                    the Jaguars now have two 3rds and three 5ths...that's a lot of ammo to work with...

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                      I wouldn't rule out Harvey. He's a potentially better fit than anyone else. That said, I'd probably guess a CB like Talib right now, unless a WR shoots their way up.
                      Last edited by toonsterwu; 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM. Reason: forgot about the kawika signing

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                        the Jaguars now have two 3rds and three 5ths...that's a lot of ammo to work with...
                        Three? Who other than Buffalo do they have a 5th from?

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                          I was thinking that. But with the lack of pass rushing that we have, we need someone or something to take blockers off Schobel like two years ago. Thats why I thought that a speed guy like Harvey would be perfect.

I was also thinking CB, to be honest, if the Patriots dont take Talib, I think Buffalo should take him.

Comment

I wouldn't rule out Harvey. He's a potentially better fit than anyone else. That said, I'd probably guess Rivers or a CB like Talib right now, unless a WR shoots their way up.
                            I wouldn't mind DE either.
                            If we get good pressure on the QB, then our CBs dont have to be as good.

But if our CBs are good, then it allows more time for our DLine to get to the QB. It works both ways.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

nasty move by the bills. They are lookin good for the future.

Comment

I wouldn't rule out Harvey. He's a potentially better fit than anyone else. That said, I'd probably guess Rivers or a CB like Talib right now, unless a WR shoots their way up.
                                Absolutely no way WR is taken at 11. Im willing to bet someone their membership in this site that Buffalo doesnt take a WR at 11. Ralph has flat out said himself he will not take a WR in the 1st round, and wants to sign one in FA. Bryant Johnson is rumoured to be a fvourite for Buffalo.

I dont see Buffalo nabbing Rivers in round 1. Doesnt make sense, when Mitchell, Pos and Crowell are all I believe under contract for the next 4-5 years I wanna say.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information