Vikes sign Berrian to 6-year deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    6 years $42 million with $16 million guarenteed.
    You wanted him at THAT price, dia? Pass.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      The Bears initial offer was 5 years 25 million with 8 million guaranteed. No word if they ever improved on that, but that's essentially a big middle finger to Bernard.
      I'd say more like a fist in the ass than a middle finger.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        The Bears initial offer was 5 years 25 million with 8 million guaranteed. No word if they ever improved on that, but that's essentially a big middle finger to Bernard.
        That is a kinda deal he should have got but his agent knew some team would over pay in FA and some team did a B player getting A money.

Comment

Pretty much everyone is getting more money than they should right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
            Pretty much everyone is getting more money than they should right now.
            I know Jerry "I have never had a 1000 yards in season" Porter getting 30 million what a joke.

Comment

I don't like the deal but considering we were desperate for some WR help it's understandable. I'd rather have this money in Berrian than Williamson who had a 49 Million dollar contract unders us I believe.

Comment

Sounds like something Minnesota would do... I'm just surprised it wasn't Carlyle Holliday...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Does this mean the Bears will offer Lance Briggs more money?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
                    Does this mean the Bears will offer Lance Briggs more money?
                    Yes, which makes me very sadfaced.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Yeah I think Briggs is on his way back to Chicago.

He's definately a better player than Bernard, it's arguable which was more important for our success (or lack thereof) next year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        Yes, which makes me very sadfaced.
                        Try being a Chiefs fan our big off season move so far is picking up FB Oliver Hoyte off waviers from the Cowboys.

Comment

bf_51 and I shall duel to see who gets Briggs.

Comment

Makes sense now that they don't have to pay Berrian.

I still hope the Saints can get him somehow.

Comment

We overpayed, so what? Everyone overpays in FA and we needed a WR to strech the field. If we weren't going to pay him somebody would have. We have the cap space to do the deal and it is not hurting our team, so why all of the complaining. The fact is no WR in the draft will be better then Berrian will be next year and we cannot afford to wait a couple years for a WR to develop. We had a need, we addressed that need. So what if we won't have 30 mill of cap space next year. Who the hell really needs that kind of cap flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                                Try being a Chiefs fan our big off season move so far is picking up FB Oliver Hoyte off waviers from the Cowboys.
                                Ha ha. That made me laugh out loud. :D

My condolences.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information