Vikes sign Berrian to 6-year deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    6 years $42 million with $16 million guarenteed.
    Great Scott.

That's a bigger contract than Reggie Wayne's.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      Great Scott.

That's a bigger contract than Reggie Wayne's.
      In till he holds out...:)

Comment

I am just saying. The Cowboys are the kings of excess. Everyone overpays in FA because every fan looks at what people made last year and compare. We needed a WR to strech the feild and we got him. No WR in FA, save Moss who we weren't going to get, can strech the field like Berrian. We needed him and we payed for him. I do not believe we got a bargain nor do I believe it is a waste of money.

Oh and you way overate Jackson. He is a waste of a first rounder, though I would use a second one him.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          I thought you guys would have locked up Briggs by now all the talk before FA they would make a run at him?
          No, Gibbs has set ship straight.

Snyder/Cerratto have kept the FA signing to a minimum for the last two years. Expect us to make more low key moves the second week of FA or Draft Day.

It's weird, I'm not that used to a slow offseason lol.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
            It's weird, I'm not that used to a slow offseason lol.
            Welcome back to the real world the rest of us missed you.

Comment

What kind of contract do you think Antonio Bryant wants?
              The Bills seem as if they are very interested in him.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Do you mean Bryant Johnson, chum?
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  We just signed Flozell Adams for the same money that Berrian got. ...and Adams is a Pro Bowl tackle and one of the top 10 in the league at a premium position.
                  Flozell Adams is washed up and false starts every other play. By the sounds of things the majority of Cowboys fans didn't even want him back.

He's also making as much as Leonard Davis, a right guard, so yes...the Cowboys waste a lot of money too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                    What kind of contract do you think Antonio Bryant wants?
                    The Bills seem as if they are very interested in him.
                    He's still playing? If you do mean Antonio ive always been a fan, has all the talent in the world but he's a head case...If you mean Bryant Johnson thats probably a safer signing.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                      Welcome back to the real world the rest of us missed you.
                      Yeah I'm glad too. It's been hard to be a draft fan, and a Skins fan.

Comment

How the mighty bears have fallen, mu ha ha ha.

PM me for sig requests
                        Originally posted by Sean Connery
                        Suck it Trebek!

Comment

If Anderson gets traded it will obviously be for a draft pick. And it would have to be a first rounder.

Savage is not going to trade his QB now for an unknown pick. He will wait for the #17 overall pick in the draft (for example) to come up. He will then see if the player or players he wants are still on the board, then he will chose weather to trade DA.

He wont just make the trade not knowing who is on the board. He also did not make Andersons first payment wait until April (draft time) for no reason. If he truely wanted to keep DA why prolong the payment?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Flozell Adams is washed up and false starts every other play. By the sounds of things the majority of Cowboys fans didn't even want him back.

He's also making as much as Leonard Davis, a right guard, so yes...the Cowboys waste a lot of money too.
                            I don't want to change the topic of this thread, but Cowboys fans did not want to see him leave. We're in "win now" mode and neither Doug Free or Pat McQuistan are our ideas of a starting LT right now. I'll say this... we didn't want to sign him to a 6 year deal, that's for sure. But with only 15M of it guaranteed and an uncapped season on the loom for 2011, his financial numbers are actually very acceptable. $3.6 million in 2008 and '09. He got $13 million to sign and guaranteed $1 million base salaries the next two years.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...r.372bc9d.html

He actually had 9 false starts which is not a good number by any means, but he also allowed the least amount of sacks of all NFC East LTs at 3.5.

How Flozell Adams' statistics compared to his NFC East peers last season:

Player, Team G-GS Pen-Yds False starts Holding Sacks allowed
                            Flozell Adams, Dallas 16-16 14-95 9 5 3
                            Chris Samuels, Washington 16-16 5-24 5 0 5
                            David Diehl, NY Giants 16-16 6-40 4 2 13
                            William Thomas, Philadelphia 15-15 3-15 3 0 7

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.7e04cef.html

Calling him washed up is nothing short of being a drama king.

Comment

So Flozell Adams is worse than Diehl? Got it.

And that still says nothing to the fact that they gave 50 mil to a guard that's too unathletic to play on the left side.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                So Flozell Adams is worse than Diehl? Got it.

And that still says nothing to the fact that they gave 50 mil to a guard that's too unathletic to play on the left side.
                                If allowing 13 sacks versus 3.5 is better, then yeah, Diehl is better. lol.

Davis played nothing short of spectacular for us, so I don't know that anyone can say he's not earning his keep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information