Jason Taylor and the Miami Dolphins to "part ways"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Ugh....if the Packers get Jason Taylor their defense is going to go from good to crazy good.
    One can only hope. Really, I would love it if we managed to trade for him. Because I think the rumor had us dealing something like a second rounder and a fifth so we essentially would be using the second rounder gained from the Corey Williams trade to go get Jason Taylor. And losing a fifth really isn't a big deal, I'd expect TT to trade down and get a few more picks once it comes to the second day since we don't have a sixth right now. This would be awesome.

Comment

OMG trade him to the Giants, we can never have enough pass rushers!
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Pride of Akron University, which is where my family is from (the city, not the university :p). I wish the Browns would nab him but I know they won't. Green Bay would be a good fit, so would New England or Tennessee.

Comment

Come to Green Bay!! Hopefully for a 3rd and another pick but whatever just come to GB!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Whatever team he's going to he's gonna get a lot of **** for being on Dancing with the Stars.
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

omg, looking at, the Packers have the best shot at landing him if they want. That would ******* suck.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                omg, looking at, the Packers have the best shot at landing him if they want. That would ******* suck.
                maybe we should bring in Moss for good measure too :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

moss and taylor would definitely help our team out. would help us from getting upset about our off seasons of doing nothing and signing really no one

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    how is this?

Comment

Get it done Ted.

Comment

Um, why are people so sold that he's not going to the Patriots? Seriously, why? Simply because they are in the same division? Does Parcells strike you as the type that cares where a guy goes? He doesn't to me. My feeling on Parcells is that, if the deal makes sense for the Dolphins, he'll make it and not look back.

Comes down to what the demads are. Value is probably going to be a 2nd of some sort.

Other teams I could see (beyond the Packers/Patriots) -

Detroit Lions - Are they in a win now mode? If so, Taylor ups the ante and improves their DL.

Minnesota Vikings -This one makes a lot of sense to me. They have extra picks and have addressed S/WR.

Washington Redskins - Doesn't this seem like a Snyder type move, particularly coming off a playoff appearance?

Carolina Panthers - They could really use the pass rush help and the leadership is definitely in a make or break scenario.

Houston Texans - Can they put together a package (swap 18 and 32 for one possibility)? They could use that pass rushing end. Is it the time to make such a move? I like this one, a lot.

Tennessee Titans - They need an end if Odom/LaBoy leave.

Jacksonville Jaguars - This one might make a lot of sense as well, for Taylor and the Jags. He gets to stay in Florida.

Cincinnati Bengals - Eh ... but they could use the pass rush help.

I really like the Texans fit. They need that pass rusher, and at 32, they still have good DB options. For the Fins, this allows them to get fancy. They could still trade down, or they could be withing striking distance of some, perhaps, OL talent.

Jacksonville makes a lot of sense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                          Um, why are people so sold that he's not going to the Patriots? Seriously, why? Simply because they are in the same division? Does Parcells strike you as the type that cares where a guy goes? He doesn't to me. My feeling on Parcells is that, if the deal makes sense for the Dolphins, he'll make it and not look back.
                          Division rival... yeah that's part of it. But additionally, for me at least, I don't think the Patriots will give Miami enough. I don't think Parcells will let him go to NE unless they overpay. That won't happen.

Comment

The Lions need a stud, pure pass-rusher, and the coaches want a veteran player at the position. They also have an extra third... so I'd gladly give them a 2nd and 4th for him.
                            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

If the Jags could trade for him for a good price, I'd do it.

Maybe send Miami our Marcus Stroud picks.

Jason Taylor would produce for another couple years. Not only would that give us a better overall team RIGHT NOW, but it would give us the opportunity to develop good young depth for when he slows down, instead of need-drafting guys and throwing them into the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                                The Lions need a stud, pure pass-rusher, and the coaches want a veteran player at the position. They also have an extra third... so I'd gladly give them a 2nd and 4th for him.
                                The Lions would still be third place in the division even with Jason Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information